• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • Original Name: lyra14

Posted 08 July 2004 - 02:29 PM

How much did you purchase this item for? $120 Canadian
Where did you purchase this item? Local guitar shop in Southern Ontario

Is this item new or used? New, right out of the box

Features: This is a tremolo pedal. It has 3 knobs- one to adjust the rate of the tremolo effect, one to adjust the depth of the effect, and one to adjust the kind of tremolo (sharper or smoother waveform)

Construction: Itís Boss. Every Boss pedal Iíve had and everyone Iíve heard of is built like a tank.

Sound: Amazing tremolo. Highly versatile tremolo effects. Just about any kind of tremolo effect that you would hear in a song you would be able to replicate with it. The depth goes from very slight fluctuations in volume to very dramatic and noticeable ones. The rate can be controlled to have a slower, longer effect to a very fast tremolo, just like gating, as it is often called.

I think this pedal especially shines on slow, deep tremolo effects. It sounds exceptionally warm. Itís great with a bit of reverb. It is also good for vintage-type tremolo. The only thing I was hoping for is that the ďgatingĒ would be a bit more dramatic.

Ease of Use: Very easy, 3 knobs- I got the hang of it in about 5 minutes.

Reliability: This would stand just about any torture that you could give it, I imagine. Not that I advocate intentional destruction of equipment. The only hitch that could come would be if you were playing during a concert and the batteries died. This is typical of most pedals, which is why I would buy and AC adapter if I were to do live performances with this pedal. For the bedroom rock star, however, this should not be a problem.

Overall: 9.5/10. Great tremolo pedal. Not disappointed with my purchase at all, except for the fact I was hoping for a bit stronger gating. This is a great, all-purpose tremolo pedal.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just bought it a little while ago. I hope to have a demo on Soundclick in a while.

Andrew

Do you own one of these? If youíd like to add your opinion simply copy and paste this template and post your review in this thread.

CODE
[color=red][b]How much did you purchase this item for?[/b][/color]

[color=red][b]Where did you purchase this item?[/b][/color]

[color=red][b]Is this item new or used?[/b][/color]

[color=red][b]Features:[/b] [/color]

[color=red][b]Construction:[/b] [/color]

[color=red][b]Sound:[/b] [/color]

[color=red][b]Ease of Use:[/b][/color]  

[color=red][b]Reliability:[/b] [/color]

[color=red][b]Overall:[/b][/color]  

[color=red][b]Experience Level:[/b][/color]

#3 kooldood1

kooldood1

the love is not enough

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,446 posts
  • Original Name: kooldood1

Posted 02 September 2006 - 06:24 PM

How much did you purchase this item for?
100$ With a boss BD-2

Where did you purchase this item?
Ebay

Is this item new or used?
Used

Features:
Basic Pedal. 3 knobs that change Depth, Rate, and the different kinds of tremolo effects you can use.

Construction:
Built like a tank. Hasnt failed me yet.

Sound:
Ive heard a lot of complaints about this pedal but i really like mine. It sounds great on a nice slow deep tremolo setting. Doesnt kill your tone but does add a litte hiss.

Ease of Use:
Couldnt be easier, 3 knobs.

Reliability:
Hasnt failed me yet, in fact ive never had a Boss pedal go bad on me.

Overall:
9/10. Ive had nothing but good experiences with this pedal and it has dont everything i want it to do. As said above the gating could be a bit stronger but when youre playing live it doesnt matter much. Great overall tremolo pedal that will last forever.

#4 matiasrengel

matiasrengel
  • 8 posts
  • Original Name: matiasrengel

Posted 15 June 2015 - 09:53 AM

This is a fun effects and I think for the price it's worth it

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please consider donating to GuitarZone.com.
With more and more people using ad blocking add-ons for browsers, ad revenue has plummeted.
If you can spare even US$5 it would mean a lot to help pay for GZ's monthly server bill.
Thank you to all. Cheers! --Rob

Method #1: PayPal

Click 'Donate' above
to donate with any
major credit card or
existing PayPal funds.

E-mail on record with PayPal
[ ]

Method #2: Bitcoin

Option A )  Scan Bitcoin QR Code

Scan above box with mobile phone, or click...

Option B )  Copy and Paste Bitcoin Address

13NA7exoZVPGBAxnKXcQAz35JQ5PvnhYDE  

Copy above address and paste into Bitcoin app...

Learn more about Bitcoin...