• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,780 posts
  • Donator:No
  • Original Name: dorio

Posted 19 September 2004 - 09:58 PM

submission courtesy of guitarfan19

Artist AC/DC
Album The Razors Edge

Released in 1990. Produced by: Bruce Fairbairn.

Tracks:

1. Thunderstruck
2. Fire Your Guns
3. Money Talks
4. The Razors Edge
5. Mistress for Christmas
6. Rock Your Heart Out
7. Are You Ready
8. Got You By the Balls
9. Shot of Love
10. Lets Make it
11. Goodbye and Good Riddence to Bad Luck
12. If You Dare

Lead guitar: Angus Young
Rythym guitar: Malcolm Young
Lead Singer: Brian Johnson
Bass: Cliff Williams
Drums: Chris Slade

AC/DC's first album since 1986 became a true classic. the album busted out two of the bands biggest hits that they had ever done. All songs were written by the two Young brothers, while Johnson was having a bit of a rough time so he did no help write, and the two brothers wrote a great album together. Well done boys!

AC/DC released this album during a period when hair metal and pop were the most popular musics but when The Razor's Edge hit the shelves with the hits Thunderstruck and Money Talks people went crazy over AC/DC...again. The ratings had dipped a bit since AC/DC's 1981 released album For Those About to Rock but this record thundered up to #2 on the chart and became a multi-platinum album.

The album was produced by Bruce Fairbairn who had also worked with Bon Jovi, Aerosmith and Poison over the years.

The first track on this album became legendary and showed that after 2 years AC/DC could still rock. Thunderstruck, featured one of Angus's signature licks and with Malcolms great rythym parts added it made on of the catchiest tunes off all time. with the chant of THUN-DER! going thru the song, it quickly became AC/DC's greatest hit along with Back in Black and Highway to Hell.

The next track (Fire Your Guns) was also a catchy tune that is one of my personal favourites from this album. rockin fun.

Money Talks caught up quickly with AC/DC's other hits and can be heard in most of the bands concerts. Some great riffs by both Angus and Malcolm and the lyrics added by Brian Johnson makes this song one you'll be singing or tapping your foot to all thru the song.

The title track, The Razors Edge, keeps up the great riffs in this album. with somewhat haunting lyrics it makes you wonder sometimes.

The rest of this very catchy album are straight up, rock the night away, AC/DC rock n roll fun.

This album shows that AC/DC is truly one of the greatest rock n roll bands and proves over 15 years of great music and the band continued to release great music up to the year 2000 with Stiff Upper Lip. i would give it a 9 out of 10 rating. Johnson's lyrics are great on this album and Malcom and Angus continue their classic riffs. great AC/DC on this album for ya.

#2 guitarfan19

guitarfan19
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts
  • Original Name: guitarfan19

Posted 20 September 2004 - 02:04 PM

oh yeah! thanx for posting this dorio, its one of my favourite AC/DC albums and i couldn't stand it not being here. that album has some of the bands greatest riffs. Malcolm and Angus make that album alll about the riffs and lick and Angus does some of his best solos too. Also Brian Johnsons lyrics are quite good on the album, especiallly since he was going thru a tough time.
oh and there is a mistake in my review this album was not their first in four years (Blow up Your Video released 1988) but it was a great album considering the band had just got over many problems.

Edited by guitarfan19, 20 September 2004 - 03:09 PM.

#3 dorio

dorio

Editor in Chief®

• Ombudsman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,780 posts
  • Donator:No
  • Original Name: dorio

Posted 21 September 2004 - 02:46 AM

Well i've corrected that little mistake then: since "Blow Up Your Video" had been
released in 88 and "The Razors Edge" in 90 (10 years after "Back In Black") that's 2 years between those 2 albums then ...

So i've added the release date and producer on the review. The next one was live
released in 92 i believe So it's all good. What a legendary band they have become now !

#4 tml

tml
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,396 posts
  • Original Name: tml

Posted 09 November 2004 - 04:48 PM

what an awesome album. It was the dawn of a slightly different AC/DC sound. Still very much awesome!

#5 ACDC kid 1

ACDC kid 1
  • 65 posts
  • Original Name: ACDC kid 1

Posted 30 April 2005 - 09:36 AM

Got this cd a couple of weeks ago. I can't stop playing the Thunderstruck on my guitar.
user posted image

R.I.P Jimi Hendrix 1942-1970

#6 Less Paul

Less Paul
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,148 posts
  • Original Name: Less Paul

Posted 30 April 2005 - 11:21 AM

QUOTE (ACDC kid 1 @ Apr 30 2005, 10:36 AM)
Got this cd a couple of weeks ago. I can't stop playing the Thunderstruck on my guitar.

You could never stop playing that on your guitar ever since I've met you. laugh.gif

#7 ACDC kid 1

ACDC kid 1
  • 65 posts
  • Original Name: ACDC kid 1

Posted 03 May 2005 - 07:26 PM

QUOTE (Less Paul @ Apr 30 2005, 12:21 PM)

You could never stop playing that on your guitar ever since I've met you. laugh.gif

dry.gif
user posted image

R.I.P Jimi Hendrix 1942-1970

#8 Less Paul

Less Paul
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,148 posts
  • Original Name: Less Paul

Posted 19 July 2005 - 05:26 PM

QUOTE (ACDC kid 1 @ May 3 2005, 08:26 PM)
QUOTE (Less Paul @ Apr 30 2005, 12:21 PM)

dry.gif

wink.gif
tongue.gif
laugh.gif

#9 Bon Jovi

Bon Jovi
  • 48 posts
  • Original Name: Bon Jovi

Posted 20 March 2006 - 02:47 PM

truely a classic thunderstruck rocks the world while money talks are you ready and razor's add on to that love singing those tunes
ROCK AND METAL IS THE ONLY DECENT MUSIC AROUND
r.i.p. bon scott , jimi hendrix, freddie mercury and others
tht created these beutiful music genres and it 's succesors to making it better

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please consider donating to GuitarZone.com.
With more and more people using ad blocking add-ons for browsers, ad revenue has plummeted.
If you can spare even US$5 it would mean a lot to help pay for GZ's monthly server bill.
Thank you to all. Cheers! --Rob

Method #1: PayPal

Click 'Donate' above
to donate with any
major credit card or
existing PayPal funds.

E-mail on record with PayPal
[ ]

Method #2: Bitcoin

Option A )  Scan Bitcoin QR Code

Scan above box with mobile phone, or click...

Option B )  Copy and Paste Bitcoin Address

13NA7exoZVPGBAxnKXcQAz35JQ5PvnhYDE  

Copy above address and paste into Bitcoin app...

Learn more about Bitcoin...