#41 Fender2.0

Fender2.0

Brandon

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,831 posts
  • Original Name: fenderguitarfreak

Posted 16 December 2005 - 05:58 PM

QUOTE (Killem234 @ Nov 3 2005, 08:11 PM)
I don't care what people think of this guy, but he is deff top 5 on the best guitarist list, maybe even top 3. I still lisen to him and still play some of the songs that I know from him.

ok since he would be in the top three where do you think he would be, one, two , or three and next to who? i thinks hes the top guitarist ever. hes number one but thats just my opinion..
------------------------------------------------

#42 Anothe ERIC CLAPTON wannabe

Anothe ERIC CLAPTON wannabe

Kevinevinevinevin

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Original Name: Anothe ERIC CLAPTON wannabe

Posted 18 December 2005 - 10:03 PM

Jimi is one of the best guitarists and musicians that i have ever seen and heard. he definetely is in the top 3 guitarists... with Eric Clapton and SRV i guess...

Modern Warfare 2 is coming out. HELL YEAH

#43 Fender2.0

Fender2.0

Brandon

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,831 posts
  • Original Name: fenderguitarfreak

Posted 20 January 2006 - 07:40 PM

I really dont think that Eric Clapton is in the top three to be honest but that is only my opinion.. Jimmy Page is better I think. and there is more also. The old slow hand was great though.
------------------------------------------------

#44 tape's

tape's
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Original Name: tape's

Posted 20 January 2006 - 10:34 PM

I heard his unfinished songs, live tracks and other not well known songs from him couple weeks back. It was very inspiring.

#45 Strat Legend 06

Strat Legend 06
  • 37 posts
  • Original Name: Strat Legend 06

Posted 01 March 2006 - 04:56 PM

Whoever thinks that Hendrix is overratted obviously has no taste in rock music. It doesn't get much better than Jimi.

#46 Bon Jovi

Bon Jovi
  • 48 posts
  • Original Name: Bon Jovi

Posted 20 March 2006 - 02:25 PM

well people say hendrix is the greatest rock but he isn't he is the greatest guitarist of all time not just ur average rock guitarists he is champion of all genres evn if he didn't play 'em guitar.gif guitar.gif guitar.gif guitar.gif x as many as needed to convince people
ROCK AND METAL IS THE ONLY DECENT MUSIC AROUND
r.i.p. bon scott , jimi hendrix, freddie mercury and others
tht created these beutiful music genres and it 's succesors to making it better

#47 deadstandin

deadstandin
  • 64 posts
  • Original Name: deadstandin

Posted 04 April 2006 - 01:18 PM

i love jimi hendrix he is the man. he played some crazy ass music. guitar.gif

#48 Osirex1

Osirex1
  • 4 posts
  • Original Name: Osirex1

Posted 15 April 2006 - 04:44 PM

Yes he was one on the best he was the coolest guitarist i am reading the book
room full of mirrors which is the biogrophy on his life and it awsome

#49 joeyramoney

joeyramoney
  • 54 posts
  • Original Name: joeyramoney

Posted 15 June 2006 - 03:19 PM

QUOTE (cougar @ Aug 3 2005, 04:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hendrix actually played bass in the recording of All along the watchtower, studio version. In my opinion, Hendrix was the best, there are good guitarists, but jimi made the good ones look like newbies, even clapton. Page would have to be second best, but he overdubs so much, don't get me wrong, i love Page, Long live Hendrix's legacy! word biatches

he also played bass (i think) for "spanish castle magic".

#50 Mellon

Mellon
  • 24 posts
  • Original Name: Mellon

Posted 21 July 2006 - 01:58 PM

I have a hard time enjoying his music knowing that he probably wrote it when he was as high as a kite.
IPB Image
Beck, you're the man.

#51 muy gordo

muy gordo
  • Pip
  • 118 posts
  • Original Name: muy gordo

Posted 27 July 2006 - 08:44 AM

Easily the greatest guitarist/songwriter ever. May he rest in peace

Cubbies are going all the way this year!

#52 kurt_hendrix

kurt_hendrix
  • 18 posts
  • Original Name: kurt_hendrix

Posted 10 August 2006 - 07:09 PM

Jimmy Hendrix Was Paid $200 By His Dad When He was Young to go buy a Violien At the Violien store in Seattle and he was across the street from it waiting for cars to pass so he could run across and buy his violien but behind he heard screams of joy, he turned around and saw a guy with a shinny new Guitar and Jimi was instantly hooked on guitar he went in and bought a right handed guitar with his $200.. he then realized he played the guitar the Op[pisite way so he learned to guitar backwards. he played a rite handed guitar with his left hand. his dad was out raged by jimi's choice to not buy a violien. So he put Jimi IN a Concrete Room with his Guitar Almost everyday and said that jimi has to become amazing at the guitar since he wasted his dads money. Jimi sat in a Completly Concrete room with a small window and played guitar backwards for a minimum of 12 hours a day. he sometimes pulled all nighters just playing guitar. Thats How Jimi Started.
'When The Power Of Love Overcomes the Love Of Power, Then Will The World Know Peace"- Jimi Hendrix
"I Rather be Hated For Who I Am, Then Loved For Who I'm Not"- Kurt Cobain

~!KURT HENDRIX!~

#53 canyouseeme

canyouseeme
  • 30 posts
  • Original Name: canyouseeme

Posted 03 October 2006 - 01:25 PM

cheers.gif The south saturn delta was recordings he made but never put on any album the BBC sessions was a collection of songs he preformed on the radio from 1967 to 1968 it was relesed in the 90s along with first rays of the new rising sun and blues.Great bio

#54 canyouseeme

canyouseeme
  • 30 posts
  • Original Name: canyouseeme

Posted 03 October 2006 - 01:32 PM

QUOTE (kurt_hendrix @ Aug 11 2006, 04:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jimmy Hendrix Was Paid $200 By His Dad When He was Young to go buy a Violien At the Violien store in Seattle and he was across the street from it waiting for cars to pass so he could run across and buy his violien but behind he heard screams of joy, he turned around and saw a guy with a shinny new Guitar and Jimi was instantly hooked on guitar he went in and bought a right handed guitar with his $200.. he then realized he played the guitar the Op[pisite way so he learned to guitar backwards. he played a rite handed guitar with his left hand. his dad was out raged by jimi's choice to not buy a violien. So he put Jimi IN a Concrete Room with his Guitar Almost everyday and said that jimi has to become amazing at the guitar since he wasted his dads money. Jimi sat in a Completly Concrete room with a small window and played guitar backwards for a minimum of 12 hours a day. he sometimes pulled all nighters just playing guitar. Thats How Jimi Started.

The way jimi started was when his dad Al Hendrix saw him struming a broom and bought him his first guitar which was an acoustic with only one string.

#55 codyman70

codyman70
  • 2 posts
  • Original Name: codyman70

Posted 15 December 2006 - 05:58 PM

i think you'll find hendrix only released three albums when he wis alive,the fourth(cry of love)wis realeased efter his death.[quote name='codyman70' date='Dec 16 2006, 01:52 AM' post='2662020']

#56 rob295

rob295
  • PipPip
  • 303 posts
  • Original Name: rob295

Posted 17 February 2007 - 08:36 AM

He was the best because he was able to play fast and make it creative and interesting, while combining lead and chords. Most of the famous guitarists at similar speeds were unable to make a melody and song of it in the same way.

#57 Joe Hard

Joe Hard
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts
  • Original Name: Joe Hard

Posted 17 February 2007 - 09:48 AM

I heard Jimi played right handed, but was influenced by a man named Lefty Ditz and a few other lefty's of the day. I also read somewhere years ago that Jimi was not coordinated with his right hand to strum or pic with it, he also wanted to play left handed as a gimmick. I also heard he always carried his guitar with him playing while walking down the street, etc. always playing. This was before he actually started playing as a rhythm guitar player. Jimi was also on many albums as a session player. He must be one of the greatest guitar players to have a chord nick named after him, IE, the Hendrix cord. Any body that could lay there thumb across the neck of a strat and play cords and lead licks deserves to be mentioned as one of the greatest of all times. If I remember correctly Jimi Hendrix said Bobby Gibbons was the best guitar player he ever saw, and was thrown out of a concert for enjoying it too much. Its too bad he abused his body

#58 cooldany

cooldany
  • 12 posts
  • Original Name: cooldany

Posted 23 April 2008 - 07:37 PM

Considering his music sounded good even when his guitar was out of tune, he deserved the utmost credit. Also for pioneering overdrive (by accident)

#59 rob295

rob295
  • PipPip
  • 303 posts
  • Original Name: rob295

Posted 29 May 2008 - 03:19 AM

The thing about Jimi Henndrix is that he went and took blues to another level. Between him and blues bands like Cream etc.. rock was really formed. And if you watch his performances you can see how much talent there was in him and he was a great showman when playing guitar. He just seemed to take everything a step further than everyone else had managed up till that point.

Also the reason he got it wasnt because he was locked in a room. It's because he played guitar everywhere he went. He'd go to the park and instead of playing football would just sit and play guitar. His dedication made him good. He just loved to play guitar.

#60 punk4trev

punk4trev
  • 4 posts
  • Original Name: punk4trev

Posted 24 October 2008 - 08:47 AM

Rock Legend. No matter what type of music you listen to, you have to know who Jimmy Hendrix is.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please consider donating to GuitarZone.com.
With more and more people using ad blocking add-ons for browsers, ad revenue has plummeted.
If you can spare even US$5 it would mean a lot to help pay for GZ's monthly server bill.
Thank you to all. Cheers! --Rob

Method #1: PayPal

Click 'Donate' above
to donate with any
major credit card or
existing PayPal funds.

E-mail on record with PayPal
[ ]

Method #2: Bitcoin

Option A )  Scan Bitcoin QR Code

Scan above box with mobile phone, or click...

Option B )  Copy and Paste Bitcoin Address

13NA7exoZVPGBAxnKXcQAz35JQ5PvnhYDE  

Copy above address and paste into Bitcoin app...

Learn more about Bitcoin...