- - - - -

Eric Clapton

30 replies to this topic

#21 Neo_anarchist

Neo_anarchist
  • 8 posts
  • Original Name: Neo_anarchist

Posted 17 December 2005 - 11:35 AM

Clapton is the best guitarist ever. He has a great veriety and his best song happens to be Old Love or Tears In Heaven. He's a role model that has overcome drug addiction, death of a loved one and alchaholism and is still able to be the best.
CLAPTON FOR EVER. guitar.gif

#22 guitarguy2001

guitarguy2001
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,129 posts
  • Original Name: kkatarn327

Posted 25 September 2006 - 03:18 PM

As a songwriter, I see Eric Clapton as really good. As a guitarist, on a technical level, well, I don't see what's so special about him. I'm sorry, but imo Page is better, on a technical level.

#23 kurt_hendrix

kurt_hendrix
  • 18 posts
  • Original Name: kurt_hendrix

Posted 29 September 2006 - 07:35 PM

Eric Clapton was Prob The top 3 Greatest guitar players on everyones list back then. But what amazes me the most is He was jealous of Hednrix when he first saw hendrix play. He Made Hendrix A legend. He Heard hendrix play at a pub and said i can;t even do that. thats how hendrix came ot be. Thank God for Eric Clapton without him Hendrix would have been unkwon... and when Hendrix died... at the funearl Eric clapton was Known to Scream out liud " Why Jimi, Why Not Me? God Please Not Jimi!!" The Words Of a True, Brave, and Loyal Guitarist.... Even tho Thanks to him lending out his Helicopter Stevie Ray Vaughn is dead.
'When The Power Of Love Overcomes the Love Of Power, Then Will The World Know Peace"- Jimi Hendrix
"I Rather be Hated For Who I Am, Then Loved For Who I'm Not"- Kurt Cobain

~!KURT HENDRIX!~

#24 guitarguy33

guitarguy33

Dolphin Starbeam

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,158 posts
  • Original Name: guitarguy33

Posted 15 December 2006 - 10:53 PM

QUOTE (kurt_hendrix @ Sep 29 2006, 11:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Eric Clapton was Prob The top 3 Greatest guitar players on everyones list back then. But what amazes me the most is He was jealous of Hednrix when he first saw hendrix play. He Made Hendrix A legend. He Heard hendrix play at a pub and said i can;t even do that. thats how hendrix came ot be. Thank God for Eric Clapton without him Hendrix would have been unkwon... and when Hendrix died... at the funearl Eric clapton was Known to Scream out liud " Why Jimi, Why Not Me? God Please Not Jimi!!" The Words Of a True, Brave, and Loyal Guitarist.... Even tho Thanks to him lending out his Helicopter Stevie Ray Vaughn is dead.

They had one helicopter for each of them, the one stevie took was meant for eric but stevie said he wanted to go first so eric let him.

#25 Nikolon

Nikolon
  • 3 posts
  • Original Name: Nikolon

Posted 06 July 2007 - 05:34 AM

Yeap smile.gif Clapton was the best and the greatest smile.gif

Edited by Nikolon, 06 July 2007 - 05:34 AM.

#26 purplehaze1967

purplehaze1967
  • 1 posts
  • Original Name: purplehaze1967

Posted 03 January 2008 - 08:36 AM

QUOTE (seibel88 @ Apr 13 2005, 12:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you asked most guitarist out there who they thought was the best guitarest ever they would probably say:

1. Eric Clapton
2. Jimmy Hendrix

Clapton plays beautifully, he isn't sloppy at all, a very precise guitarist. He is definitely the best guitarist I know

No disrespect to Clapton, he's behind Jimi Hendrix, actually, in almost everyone's view. Most people I've talked to think Hendrix is the best, and then they put David Gilmour or Clapton. However, Clapton is still to me number two, but Hendrix is my unanimous number one, there's no discussion in my mind who's the best. Clapton was competitive, and oddly enough, they played about the same time, the Hendrix Experience from 1966-1970 and Clapton's Cream from 1966-1969, but of course, we all know how the Experience went.

#27 seansdadj

seansdadj
  • 9 posts
  • Original Name: seansdadj

Posted 25 January 2008 - 11:05 AM

Definitely one of my favorite musicians ever!

#28 rob295

rob295
  • PipPip
  • 303 posts
  • Original Name: rob295

Posted 29 May 2008 - 03:22 AM

People, say he's overrated and not a great guitarist, but he is the greatest soulful blues guitarist along with muddy waters and bb king. That's what he was aiming for, and you dont need to be mr fancy tricks or super speedy to be a great guitarist. You need soul and feeling, and you've really got to feel connected to the guitar. He did that in a big way.

#29 guitarzforever

guitarzforever
  • 5 posts
  • Original Name: guitarzforever

Posted 17 January 2009 - 05:11 PM

How can you not be a musician and not know about Eric Clapton...

What Do You Need To Learn To Play Blues Guitar?

In order to learn to play blues guitar, there are a few things you need. First of all, you need to own an electric or acoustic guitar with strings made from other than nylon in standard tuning. You also need to know how to read tablature, as well as have some basic guitar knowledge and know how to play a few chords.

You also need some Eric Clapton CDs with blues classics, such as Blues Breakers, From the Cradle or Eric Clapton Unplugged and a good CD player with an auto-repeat shuffle. There's also a plug-in for Winamp you can use to slow down music. A small chord book you can find in any guitar shop is also handy. But most importantly, in order to learn to play blues guitar, you need some good ears.
Boosweet Records

Edited by guitarzforever, 17 January 2009 - 05:14 PM.

#30 Williampl

Williampl
  • 6 posts
  • Original Name: Williampl

Posted 19 October 2015 - 11:05 AM

I like them all, but voted for Clapton. Hes given me the most musical enjoyment over the years.

#31 GracehasQuitGoodbye!

GracehasQuitGoodbye!
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Donator:No
  • Original Name: Gone Gone

Posted 20 October 2015 - 08:37 AM

I like crossroads live Clapton brilliant I love his music! Cream too! sounded wrong I Like eric clapton and cream...lol

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please consider donating to GuitarZone.com.
With more and more people using ad blocking add-ons for browsers, ad revenue has plummeted.
If you can spare even US$5 it would mean a lot to help pay for GZ's monthly server bill.
Thank you to all. Cheers! --Rob

Method #1: PayPal

Click 'Donate' above
to donate with any
major credit card or
existing PayPal funds.

E-mail on record with PayPal
[ ]

Method #2: Bitcoin

Option A )  Scan Bitcoin QR Code

Scan above box with mobile phone, or click...

Option B )  Copy and Paste Bitcoin Address

13NA7exoZVPGBAxnKXcQAz35JQ5PvnhYDE  

Copy above address and paste into Bitcoin app...

Learn more about Bitcoin...