12 replies to this topic

#1 ILLaViTaR

ILLaViTaR
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts
  • Original Name: ILLaViTaR

Posted 15 March 2005 - 11:18 PM

Hi I used to go on ultimate-guitar.com but the people there were extremely rude and I was band for creating a thread that I should of put in some stupid amp settings thread that was crap seeing as no one could see my question because so many other people asking about their questions about amp settings.

Anyway what are the amp settings kurt used for come as you are?

I got a behringer Vtone GMX210 and its tone dials are labelled with 1-10 on them so instead of bass at 1 o'clock i need numbersto set them on.

Also my amp has all these switches that are.

Switch 1 (AMP):tweed,britishcalifornian

Switch 2(MODE):clean, high gain, hot

Switch 3(SPEAKER):Flat, UK, US

ok thanks for you help

I also use effect 34 (a bassy chorus) on full frequency.
My setup

Fender Mexican strat Sunburst/maple

Cort Solid top Accoustic, fishman pickup

Marshall JCM 900 Dual Reverb 50watt Hi Gain combo (upgraded to Celestion G12 M Greenbacks and Class A conversion)

1985 Fender Telecaster 62 reissue (with some modern parts on it)

#2 ILLaViTaR

ILLaViTaR
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 03:09 AM

Anyone?
My setup

Marshall JCM 900 Dual Reverb 50watt Hi Gain combo (upgraded to Celestion G12 M Greenbacks and Class A conversion)

#3 tapelator

tapelator

Dokdo Freedom

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,140 posts
  • Original Name: tapelator

Posted 17 March 2005 - 08:01 AM

please go to www.kurtsequippment.com it's got everything including some pictures of their pubic hair.
user posted image
it's not that i don't care, but some things will never change.

#4 ILLaViTaR

ILLaViTaR
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 09:59 PM

QUOTE (tapelator @ Mar 18 2005, 02:01 AM)
please go to www.kurtsequippment.com it's got everything including some pictures of their pubic hair.

Thanks for that link it tells a lot but still doesnt say what amp settings are for come as you are.

Also What speaker setting?UK,US or Flat

And what mode?Californian,tweed or british?
My setup

#5 tapelator

tapelator

Dokdo Freedom

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 11:25 PM

i was wondering about that as well,

however, if you would look at his stomp boxes (pedals) he uses something called a sansamp classic, which is 100% analog circuitry modelling pedal (357$American Dollar, i'm guessing)

i think it can do those speaker setup with the mic axis, and the configs of them all

on top of that, amp modelling, like twin, tweed, cali, brit, mesa, whatever.

technyc21.com, or similiar.

but you might as well just try the setting yourself, nirvana's guitar tone wasn't a rock scientry, or whatever it's called.
user posted image

#6 ILLaViTaR

ILLaViTaR
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 02:20 AM

Yeh I currently use UK speaker, tweed setting and clean but I cant figure out the tone settings
My setup

#7 tapelator

tapelator

Dokdo Freedom

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 02:21 PM

then just go with some similiar tone with the ones listed on the Digitech Website, in the patch section, i think.

forgive me for saying this, but isn't come as you are just ordinary tube amp tone with low tune guitar with slight chorus effect, then in solo mode just ds-1 plus small clone chorus?

perhaps adding some of the mentioned effect will help you in the tone, i mean i own a ds-1, when i just set it to whatever, it does sound much like their second album, nothing hard about it.

try some sparkling clean, (black face?) with reverb and chorus for the intro, that's how i used to emulate the come as you are tones and other similiar dark and wobbly tones.
on my digitech rp200.

peace.
user posted image

#8 ILLaViTaR

ILLaViTaR
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 06:44 PM

Yeh I have a Digitech RP50 and I used to use the chorus on that but I know use the chorus built in my amp because it sounds exact its just it sounds to bassy and when I switch it it sounds to treblely.

I have the tones on

BASS:5
MID:10
TREBLE:8

is that correct but I think it sounds to bassy
My setup

#9 tapelator

tapelator

Dokdo Freedom

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 08:48 PM

QUOTE (ILLaViTaR @ Mar 18 2005, 09:44 PM)
Yeh I have a Digitech RP50 and I used to use the chorus on that but I know use the chorus built in my amp because it sounds exact its just it sounds to bassy and when I switch it it sounds to treblely.

I have the tones on

MID:10

is that correct but I think it sounds to bassy

i believe you will have to cut the MID under 5 or 6 to get that hollow but full (because of chorus effect) sound.

try that..

isn't rp50's chorus effect tweakable, unlike the behringer amp you have?
user posted image

#10 ILLaViTaR

ILLaViTaR
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 11:00 PM

It is tweakable I have 9 different chorus settings but so does my behringer I just turn a dial that increases the frequency and I can have it anywhere between 1-100.

Plus I find the one on the digitech incorrect its to wobbly and is a digital chorus whereas this analogue chorus on my amp sounds so close to the real thing.

the MID at 5 helped a lot

it still sounds a bit bassy its weird because the chorus also throws in some bass on this amp.

I got

MID:5

also a question

If I had all my tones on 10 then put them all on 5 will it still be the same just with less volume

Edited by ILLaViTaR, 18 March 2005 - 11:09 PM.

My setup

#11 tapelator

tapelator

Dokdo Freedom

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 19 March 2005 - 12:17 AM

QUOTE (ILLaViTaR @ Mar 19 2005, 02:00 AM)
It is tweakable I have 9 different chorus settings but so does my behringer I just turn a dial that increases the frequency and I can have it anywhere between 1-100.

Plus I find the one on the digitech incorrect its to wobbly and is a digital chorus whereas this analogue chorus on my amp sounds so close to the real thing.

the MID at 5 helped a lot

it still sounds a bit bassy its weird because the chorus also throws in some bass on this amp.

I got

MID:5

also a question

If I had all my tones on 10 then put them all on 5 will it still be the same just with less volume

hehe, bro! laugh.gif, you've got to try some different settings, by your own.

if it still sounds bassy, what would it help for it? you tweaked your MID, and that was good you say right? but still bassy...well turn it down more, or get rid of the bass or even tweak the treble, chorus adding bass eh?, well you said you could tweak the properties on chorus, maybe you could look into that also.

i find digital chorus to be not as good as the real thing, but phasers and flangers, can be emulated REAL close to the real analog one.

anyways, about the tone on 10 then putting them all on 5, don't nessasary mean less volume... don't really know what to say...

cos 10 on treb, and 5 on treb is major difference etc., in TONE wise but not nessassary gain, or volume. It might be sharper or fuller, sure, it might have some or large part in the gain or level of the whole sound, but imho, it's more of the character/color that is changed then the actual level of the sound,

but i also hear in guitar playing, that if the high's are boosted or mid or even bass on the fuzz pedal, the guitar sound gets louder "cuts through"(with the tone that is changed) and bigger and also fuller, also on the distortion pedal like ds-1, if the tone gets shifted to left (bassier) from treble, the volume drop is very noticeble..

huh.gif

i can't really give you a straight answer, sry.
user posted image

#12 xplizit

xplizit
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,000 posts
  • Original Name: xplizit

Posted 19 March 2005 - 12:34 AM

Don't focus to much on getting the same tone as him, just learn to play the song flawlessly.

Clean guitar + chorus is a good enough for verses, then just add a little bit of gain for the chorus parts.

If you can play it properly, no one is gonna care if the tone doesn't match the recording. They will care if the tone is identical, but you can't play it even half assed. smile.gif
IPB Image
'Slow night in a Desolate City'

#13 ILLaViTaR

ILLaViTaR
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 19 March 2005 - 01:42 AM

Ok thanks guys

Just one more thing are the chords in the memoriah part of the song F#major and A?

My guitar teacher said they were E and F#major I think
My setup

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please consider donating to GuitarZone.com.
With more and more people using ad blocking add-ons for browsers, ad revenue has plummeted.
If you can spare even US$5 it would mean a lot to help pay for GZ's monthly server bill.
Thank you to all. Cheers! --Rob

Method #1: PayPal

Click 'Donate' above
to donate with any
major credit card or
existing PayPal funds.

E-mail on record with PayPal
[ ]

Method #2: Bitcoin

Option A )  Scan Bitcoin QR Code

Scan above box with mobile phone, or click...

Option B )  Copy and Paste Bitcoin Address

13NA7exoZVPGBAxnKXcQAz35JQ5PvnhYDE  

Copy above address and paste into Bitcoin app...

Learn more about Bitcoin...