- - - - -

BRON Y AUR STOMP TUNING

6 replies to this topic

#1 dmbcrazy441

dmbcrazy441
  • 6 posts
  • Original Name: dmbcrazy441

Posted 03 April 2002 - 07:33 PM

Can someone help me with the tuning to Bron y aur stomp by led zeppelin? I have a Korg Tuner if there is an easy way to do it on that would be awesome, I really wanna learn tha song becuase i just learned the whole thing of babe im gonna leave you and I have always wanted to know how to play this song, Please help thanks chris

#2 leebop99

leebop99
  • 37 posts
  • Original Name: leebop99

Posted 04 April 2002 - 11:38 AM

The tuning is DADF#AD (with capo on 3)

You can use the tuner for all strings except maybe the F#, But you can just play the 4th fret on the string above it, and tune to that pitch.

When I use this tuning and don't have a tuner. I Drop the top E string to D, by playing a harmonic on 5, and tuning it to a harmonic on the D string(4) 12 fret.
Then I tune the G string to a F# using the method above. Then I tune the B (2) string to an A, by playing a harmonic on 12th fret, and tuning it to a harmonic on the 5th fret of the A string (5). Finally I tune the Bottom E string to D, by playing a harmonic on the 7th fret, and tuning it to a harmonic on the 5th fret of the B (now A) string (2).

I hope this made sense.

#3 dmbcrazy441

dmbcrazy441
  • 6 posts
  • Original Name: dmbcrazy441

Posted 04 April 2002 - 07:17 PM

thanks but one problem all of the tabs i have looked at says that the tuning is CFCFAF

#4 leebop99

leebop99
  • 37 posts
  • Original Name: leebop99

Posted 06 April 2002 - 11:11 PM

Yeah, I've seen tabs for the song in lots of differnt tunings, but they are usually difficult to play or completely wrong. I have a book that says to use that tuning, and it makes the song very easy

#5 oarphish

oarphish
  • 8 posts
  • Original Name: oarphish

Posted 09 April 2002 - 03:09 PM

On 2002-04-04 13:38, leebop99 wrote:
The tuning is DADF#AD (with capo on 3)

You can use the tuner for all strings except maybe the F#, But you can just play the 4th fret on the string above it, and tune to that pitch.

When I use this tuning and don't have a tuner.  I Drop the top E string to D, by playing a harmonic on 5, and tuning it to a harmonic on the D string(4) 12 fret.
Then I tune the G string to a F# using the method above. Then I tune the B (2) string to an A, by playing a harmonic on 12th fret, and tuning it to a harmonic on the 5th fret of the A string (5).  Finally I tune the Bottom E string to D, by playing a harmonic on the 7th fret, and tuning it to a harmonic on the 5th fret of the B (now A) string (2). 

I hope this made sense.

This is the correct tuning b/c i have the recorded version tab book for L.Z. 3, and they match.

#6 hueseph

hueseph
  • 2 posts
  • Original Name: hueseph

Posted 13 May 2011 - 05:03 PM

thanks but one problem all of the tabs i have looked at says that the tuning is CFCFAF

That is the correct tuning. It's the only tuning that will match up with the studio recording. I've heard others play it in open G and other people who claim to play it in DADGAD. You'll only be able to match the studio recording in open F. CFCFAF

#7 Sonoatol

Sonoatol
  • New
  • 1 posts
  • Original Name: Sonoatol

Posted 21 September 2017 - 06:53 PM

This just might be a silly question but is there anything a person can do to tune these trucks using a pc? Thanks

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please consider donating to GuitarZone.com.
With more and more people using ad blocking add-ons for browsers, ad revenue has plummeted.
If you can spare even US$5 it would mean a lot to help pay for GZ's monthly server bill.
Thank you to all. Cheers! --Rob

Method #1: PayPal

Click 'Donate' above
to donate with any
major credit card or
existing PayPal funds.

E-mail on record with PayPal
[ ]

Method #2: Bitcoin

Option A )  Scan Bitcoin QR Code

Scan above box with mobile phone, or click...

Option B )  Copy and Paste Bitcoin Address

13NA7exoZVPGBAxnKXcQAz35JQ5PvnhYDE  

Copy above address and paste into Bitcoin app...

Learn more about Bitcoin...