- - - - -

Epiphone Acoustic (AJ 15E)A new acoustic

5 replies to this topic

#1 equlajzer

equlajzer
  • 24 posts
  • Original Name: equlajzer

Posted 13 December 2005 - 04:40 PM

I need a new guitar, and not a very expensive one. My friend owns an Epiphone AJ 15E VS (Vintage Sunburn), and I love the sound on it. It has a very bright and "open" sound. The action is rather low (strings close to the fretboard, therefore easy played). Very crisp sound!!

When I bought my first acoustic (I was in the states, lives in Sweden) I really had no idea what sounded good. So I bought a Samich that was WAY overpriced. Model is D-6CE if that tells you anything. It used to play better, but after a while the frets started "buzzing". I gave it to the store and they said they would fix it by replacing the bridge (the thing that holds the strings in the way back). It kinda worked better, no buzzing, but the action was way to high. I didn't realize this until I was back in my home country, so now I can't just hand it back to the store for a check-up.

Anyway, I need a new one (and I need to fix my current;). Epiphone seems cheap, and the one that I mentioned above I think is way better then some other, much more expensive uitars I've played/heard. Another friend has a Washburn that was maybe $900 and that one plays fairly similar. Not better.

Tips on similar and/or better guitars than the AJ 15E would be greatly appreciated. Price is a big factor because I am actually planning on buying a Fender Strat shortly.

Thank you in advance!

Add: It is very hard for me to test different guitars because I live ways away from a guitar store!

Edited by equlajzer, 13 December 2005 - 04:42 PM.

#2 adds

adds
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,992 posts
  • Original Name: adds

Posted 13 December 2005 - 04:51 PM

Is it just me or was this post a bit patronizeing? Maybe im being out of line here but i found the way it said in in brackets strings close to the fretboard, therefore easy played and the thing that holds the strings in the way back a bit that way. Like we are all thick as two short planks.

We know what the action is and we know what a bridge is.

#3 equlajzer

equlajzer
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 04:59 PM

Well, I am swedish, so I wasn't sure that's what you really call it. I have great respect for you all, that's why I turned to this page for an important question. Thank you.

#4 equlajzer

equlajzer
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 04:25 AM

Doesn't anybody know any guitar that are similar to the AJ 15E, both in price and quality?

#5 BByrdman

BByrdman
  • Pip
  • 190 posts
  • Original Name: BByrdman

Posted 14 December 2005 - 07:48 AM

QUOTE (equlajzer @ Dec 14 2005, 08:25 AM)
Doesn't anybody know any guitar that are similar to the AJ 15E, both in price and quality?

What price range are you looking for in US$, Please. I had a cheap Epiphone about three acoustics ago. It was a good guitar to practice on, but it did not have any electronics so I upgraded to a Takamine G-Series. It was better and it had a pickup in it.

The point I'm trying to make is that it depends on what you are looking for in a guitar and how much you have to spend. But, before I would buy a new one, I would see what is wrong with your's first. There are plenty of websites dedicated to setting up quitars correctly. If you action is too high lower it, or contact someone that can. At least you will have something to play until you decide what you want.

Edited by BByrdman, 14 December 2005 - 07:49 AM.

#6 nivag2k1

nivag2k1

Jemima

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,141 posts
  • Original Name: nivag2k1

Posted 14 December 2005 - 07:58 AM

QUOTE (adds @ Dec 14 2005, 01:51 AM)
Is it just me or was this post a bit patronizeing? Maybe im being out of line here but i found the way it said in in brackets strings close to the fretboard, therefore easy played and the thing that holds the strings in the way back a bit that way. Like we are all thick as two short planks.

We know what the action is and we know what a bridge is.

i agree.
The List!
Woggie - For coming up with lyrics that made me laugh.
Me - "Sod That For A Lark!"

The List of things i don't get:

The shit. I'm ready. - Gummy

--------

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please consider donating to GuitarZone.com.
With more and more people using ad blocking add-ons for browsers, ad revenue has plummeted.
If you can spare even US$5 it would mean a lot to help pay for GZ's monthly server bill.
Thank you to all. Cheers! --Rob

Method #1: PayPal

Click 'Donate' above
to donate with any
major credit card or
existing PayPal funds.

E-mail on record with PayPal
[ ]

Method #2: Bitcoin

Option A )  Scan Bitcoin QR Code

Scan above box with mobile phone, or click...

Option B )  Copy and Paste Bitcoin Address

13NA7exoZVPGBAxnKXcQAz35JQ5PvnhYDE  

Copy above address and paste into Bitcoin app...

Learn more about Bitcoin...