7 replies to this topic

#1 brenton7

brenton7
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • Original Name: brenton7

Posted 19 February 2006 - 03:23 PM

Just wanted to share a recent thought with you guys. I recently split up with my girlfriend, and I was listening to "Rubber Soul" by The Beatles the other day, and realised how much the song "You Won't See Me" relates to how our relationship fell apart. I found that every single line was what I was saying and feeling. Has anyone else had a song which perfectly fits an experience they have had?

#2 laker0902

laker0902
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,404 posts
  • Original Name: laker0902

Posted 19 February 2006 - 03:26 PM

The songs that I write fit my experiences spot on. Because 90% of them are written because of something that has happened in my life.

As for other people's songs...hmmm.

I can't really think of any that parallel my life well. If I do, I'll be back!

~Sara

#3 Number_Juan

Number_Juan
  • Pip
  • 187 posts
  • Original Name: Number_Juan

Posted 19 February 2006 - 03:42 PM

mate, "Wild Horses" (Rolling stones), "Time Has Told Me" (Nick Drake) and "Two Beds and a Coffee Machine" (Savage Garden) really talk to me. the latter in fact, is basically a history of my life until i was five.

that is the importance and beauty of songwriting-when you can hear something that is basically your life, your situations and your feelings put in a way that doesn't have to be explained implicitly.
You should go outside, the graphics are amazing...

http://www.soundclic...chardrogers.htm

#4 history

history
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Original Name: history

Posted 19 February 2006 - 07:36 PM

Nothin compares to me and my ex we had the perfect song it is "All the Wrong Reasons"- Nickelback... listen to it and you get the story of me and my ex
Do you know what the darkness is? Mere Shadows created by imaginations of our souls.

#5 GruppeSechs

GruppeSechs
  • 80 posts
  • Original Name: GruppeSechs

Posted 19 February 2006 - 07:40 PM

I would have to say "Paint It Black" by The Rolling Stones...that's a great song.

::sniff:: sad.gif

#6 _brad_

_brad_
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,000 posts
  • Original Name: _brad_

Posted 20 February 2006 - 12:28 AM

people can always relate to songs and real life experiences mainly because a lot of these songs are based on real life experiences

#7 TheSwedishScream

TheSwedishScream
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts
  • Original Name: TheSwedishScream

Posted 20 February 2006 - 05:24 AM

You know, there are a few songs I've been able to 100% relate to during certain times in my life...that song by blake shelton, can't remember the name, possibly "Don't walk away" or "Don't I matter anymore?". Anyways, in my opinion, if you can 100% relate to a song, it's not a good song, lyrically. At least most of the time, cause if people are like a shoe and foot with a song, the song is very general and probably doesn't give much detail.
www.myspace.com/myhammarmusic

#8 master_c

master_c
  • 38 posts
  • Original Name: master_c

Posted 24 February 2006 - 05:12 PM

i have related to many songs. Disappearing Boy (Greenday) fits my grade school experience perfectly. Want You Bad (Offspring) fits the way I felt about an ex-girlfriend. Most of what I write comes from my own experiences, usually describing the way I felt about what happened. Oh, Saturday Night (Bon Jovi) fits how I felt for the first few months after I moved away from home.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please consider donating to GuitarZone.com.
With more and more people using ad blocking add-ons for browsers, ad revenue has plummeted.
If you can spare even US$5 it would mean a lot to help pay for GZ's monthly server bill.
Thank you to all. Cheers! --Rob

Method #1: PayPal

Click 'Donate' above
to donate with any
major credit card or
existing PayPal funds.

E-mail on record with PayPal
[ ]

Method #2: Bitcoin

Option A )  Scan Bitcoin QR Code

Scan above box with mobile phone, or click...

Option B )  Copy and Paste Bitcoin Address

13NA7exoZVPGBAxnKXcQAz35JQ5PvnhYDE  

Copy above address and paste into Bitcoin app...

Learn more about Bitcoin...