#21 Cuphands

Cuphands

-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,374 posts
  • Original Name: igorski

Posted 07 June 2006 - 06:39 AM

QUOTE (Yahmez @ Jun 7 2006, 03:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, a method of creation depends on what you're trying to make; if it's just a sleeve insert then you can use one piece of paper and print it front and back - which will be 120mm x 120mm.

However, if you want to make a booklet, then each piece will need to be 240mm (width) x 120mm (height), and then folded in half to that it will fit in the case.

Truth he speaks. For optimum print results use a DPI resolution of 150 (at least) or 300 DPI. It all depends on what you want to do and how you want the results to be. You really CAN go a long way with the gimp and a standard printer hooked up to a standard PC. Experiment!

#22 imadique

imadique

Betty when you call me you can call me Sal.

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,208 posts
  • Original Name: imadique

Posted 20 June 2006 - 01:30 AM

QUOTE (Yahmez @ Jun 7 2006, 11:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now, all you have to keep in mind is that the dimensions of a CD booklet are:
Width: 120mm or 1.2cm
Height: 120mm or 1.2cm

Maybe if you were designing a cover for a minidisc laugh.gif

I use Nero Cover Designer, it's a very good program on it's own but its image manipulation is pretty limited. If you coupled it with an image editing program it would do everything you want. The only other downside is it uses the windows fonts, which are a bit limited, but if you got a font pack like James suggested then it would be the perfect program for cd covers.

It has templates for DVD's as well, and there are a heap of CD label brands in the print options - so you never have to calibrate the printer. I dunno if you're doing the labels or just the cover/booklet but it's good for covers and inlays too. Basically it gives you the full size blank cover on screen and you paste what you want into it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please consider donating to GuitarZone.com.
With more and more people using ad blocking add-ons for browsers, ad revenue has plummeted.
If you can spare even US$5 it would mean a lot to help pay for GZ's monthly server bill.
Thank you to all. Cheers! --Rob

Method #1: PayPal

Click 'Donate' above
to donate with any
major credit card or
existing PayPal funds.

E-mail on record with PayPal
[ ]

Method #2: Bitcoin

Option A )  Scan Bitcoin QR Code

Scan above box with mobile phone, or click...

Option B )  Copy and Paste Bitcoin Address

13NA7exoZVPGBAxnKXcQAz35JQ5PvnhYDE  

Copy above address and paste into Bitcoin app...

Learn more about Bitcoin...