- - - - -

Mac's new ad campaign

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 implodingtermite

implodingtermite

OH MY GOD! THERE'S A BUSTLE IN MY HEDGEROW!

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,681 posts
  • Original Name: implodingtermite

Posted 11 July 2006 - 02:45 PM

QUOTE (pimp_vince @ Jun 18 2006, 11:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
actually, mac discovered probably the worst security compromise possible a few months ago, funny how mac OSX was out for how many years, and no one found it? maybe no one was looking?

and furthermore, macs are for emo kids. which is probably why nobody cares about those computers..... or their owners.

really?
blink.gif
IPB Image

QUOTE(springwaffle @ Sep 13 2005, 09:06 PM)
Termite, you take spamming to a whole new and very much frightening level.
View Post

Myspace

#22 pimp_vince

pimp_vince

Laws, as effective a deterrant as broken condoms for birth contr

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,698 posts
  • Original Name: pimp_vince

Posted 13 July 2006 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE (implodingtermite @ Jul 11 2006, 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (pimp_vince @ Jun 18 2006, 11:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

actually, mac discovered probably the worst security compromise possible a few months ago, funny how mac OSX was out for how many years, and no one found it? maybe no one was looking?

and furthermore, macs are for emo kids. which is probably why nobody cares about those computers..... or their owners.

really?
blink.gif

what else would an artsy "scene" kid own?

they can't intergrate themselves into the rest of society which seems to like a little diversity, so they had to own the one computer that only comes in one style.

#23 Will_Wood

Will_Wood

Rabble Rouser Extraordinaire

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,843 posts
  • Original Name: Will_Wood

Posted 14 July 2006 - 12:34 AM

Are you serious, pimp vince? Come on now. That's like saying iPods are for "emo kids". Your logic fails.
Posted Image

#24 pimp_vince

pimp_vince

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,698 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 12:22 PM

no will i'm not kidding. QUICK! phone the political correctness police before i offend you for owning an iPod or a mac.

90% of emo kids i see have those stupid goofy looking white ear buds sticking out of their pretentious heads, symbolizing that they're far too good for the peasantry of CD. But they probably all have the 'nano' because their pants are too tight to fit anything else. also the logic clearly extends from the computer analogy in that emo kids again don't want that diversity of regular societal products. It's almost as if these kids try and get the latest and greatest gizmos from their parents and yet still hate life, this is what John Stuart Mill was afraid of, instant gratification always, without fail leads to laziness, lack of gratitude and boredom. they're the product of an over-materialized society, sometimes i feel pity on them, but other times i think to myself that if had the brains to see that happenning, they wouldn't be emo, hence my hatred. that.... to me, describes emo to a tee.

but that's just my opinion...

#25 claptonman

claptonman
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,572 posts
  • Original Name: Claptonman

Posted 15 July 2006 - 12:53 PM

Yeah, I'd agree with that.
Leedle Leedle Leedle

#26 Matt B

Matt B

Matt

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,304 posts
  • Original Name: matt_theripper

Posted 16 July 2006 - 10:40 AM

Macs have their uses. If you are in a Media field, they are far superior to Windows computers. The software is simply much better for Film Editing, Photo Editing and the like.

That being said... I can't stand Ipods (I have a RIO that I paid far less than the equivelent Ipod) and I'm not a Mac user.

#27 pimp_vince

pimp_vince

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,698 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 07:34 PM

QUOTE (matt_theripper @ Jul 16 2006, 12:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Macs have their uses. If you are in a Media field, they are far superior to Windows computers. The software is simply much better for Film Editing, Photo Editing and the like.

That being said... I can't stand Ipods (I have a RIO that I paid far less than the equivelent Ipod) and I'm not a Mac user.

ever since adobe premiere came out.... video editing on windows rules.

plus, windows PC's as a general rule have much better specs (ram, hd, CPU speed, etc).... who knows... maybe macs just need less.

#28 claptonman

claptonman
  • GZ Regular
  • 18,572 posts
  • Original Name: Claptonman

Posted 09 September 2006 - 12:14 PM

Link

Thought this would apply to this thread...
Leedle Leedle Leedle

#29 pimp_vince

pimp_vince

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,698 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 08:31 AM

QUOTE (Claptonman @ Sep 9 2006, 02:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Link

Thought this would apply to this thread...

brilliant!

#30 greenday_bich

greenday_bich
  • 2 posts
  • Original Name: greenday_bich

Posted 19 March 2007 - 02:48 PM

QUOTE (AcousticSmash @ Jun 5 2006, 06:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Im sorry but you have to be a real idiot to prefer Windows over Mac OSX. Windows = slow, laggy, crash prone piece of shat.

k seriously, how the fuk can u be talking about highly technological stuff like computers when u can barely spell ######, and windows arn't slow, its only if u have a ###### fuked up peice of poo old comp and ######ty internet, well then i dont blame u laugh2.gif

honestly get a life, oh and u might wanna get tht life from a pc, cuz its gonna take about four hours on tht mac. go old school. fuk those stupid macs. biggrin.gif

#31 SmashySmashy

SmashySmashy
  • GZ Regular
  • 28,118 posts
  • Original Name: AcousticSmash

Posted 19 March 2007 - 06:26 PM

QUOTE (greenday_bich @ Mar 19 2007, 06:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Im sorry but you have to be a real idiot to prefer Windows over Mac OSX. Windows = slow, laggy, crash prone piece of shat.

k seriously, how the fuk can u be talking about highly technological stuff like computers when u can barely spell ######, and windows arn't slow, its only if u have a ###### fuked up peice of poo old comp and ######ty internet, well then i dont blame u laugh2.gif

honestly get a life, oh and u might wanna get tht life from a pc, cuz its gonna take about four hours on tht mac. go old school. fuk those stupid macs. biggrin.gif

laugh.gif Look at the stupid newb telling me how to spell. Go back to the 3rd grade and learn some English kiddo, because its pretty obvious that you need some help. Odds are I have been using computers since before you were born so I highly advise you shut your cake hole. Get the hell off this site you moron.

#32 greenday_bich

greenday_bich
  • 2 posts
  • Original Name: greenday_bich

Posted 20 March 2007 - 02:19 PM

QUOTE (AcousticSmash @ Mar 19 2007, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (greenday_bich @ Mar 19 2007, 06:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

laugh.gif Look at the stupid newb telling me how to spell. Go back to the 3rd grade and learn some English kiddo, because its pretty obvious that you need some help. Odds are I have been using computers since before you were born so I highly advise you shut your cake hole. Get the hell off this site you moron.

oh wow, telling me to shut my cake hole eh? ya tht's real offensive. and using computers b4 i was born? if ur like 80 years old, then i cant blame u for not remembering how to spell shhhhiiiiiitttttttt, but mac's still suk, so u can go suk a dik biggrin.gif

#33 Cuphands

Cuphands

-

• 13,374 posts
  • Original Name: igorski

Posted 20 March 2007 - 04:07 PM

QUOTE (greenday_bich @ Mar 20 2007, 11:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so u can go suk a dik biggrin.gif

Yo new kid, your warning level is up. Next time you'll face suspension.

#34 SmashySmashy

SmashySmashy
  • GZ Regular
  • 28,118 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 04:45 PM

You know igor, I feel emotionally scarred from that post, I love the report button though, it makes things so much easier. Macs are amazing machines, I love how Microsoft's Vista slogan is The Wow Starts Now, yet since Vista is a blatant ripoff of Mac OSX, Apple's slogan should be 'The Wow Started 5 Years Ago'.

Windows is like the Ford of computer OS's, big, fat, slow and unreliable. While Mac OS is like a Ferarri, fast, sleek, sexy and is the best for performance.

Edited by AcousticSmash, 20 March 2007 - 04:47 PM.

#35 Weff Jebster

Weff Jebster
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts
  • Original Name: Weff Jebster

Posted 21 March 2007 - 08:26 AM

QUOTE (AcousticSmash @ Mar 20 2007, 08:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
best for performance.

Wrooooooong!

It's better than Windows, but it's not the best. Mac's probably lower-tier when it comes to the Unix operating systems in terms of performance.
Hey hey I'm in Rock Band, so go download my stuff out of the Rock Band Network store or whatever. Search for Single White Infidel
also you can listen to my music at http://singlewhiteinfidel.bandcamp.com

#36 SmashySmashy

SmashySmashy
  • GZ Regular
  • 28,118 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 08:48 AM

Yes but Unix is generally still text environment and not GUI, Mac OS is the best GUI based OS that is mainstream, aside from Linux which still has hardware compatibility problems, however Linux isnt really mainstream.

#37 SmashySmashy

SmashySmashy
  • GZ Regular
  • 28,118 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 02:24 PM

Also, Mac OS is better because it works with the hardware, which is single proprietary components that are designed for the OS. Windows machines have millions of components and hundreds of brands so the OS is not designed to work with specific hardware brands. Mac components may be expensive but at least you will get better performance for general computing. Also if you buy any new Mac desktop with a Intel Core 2 Duo CPU, when ATI releases the R600 (X2000 series), there will be a new video card for Mac's to use which will be one of the most powerful video cards on the market.

#38 thehundredthone

thehundredthone
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Original Name: thehundredthone

Posted 25 March 2007 - 08:39 PM

QUOTE (AcousticSmash @ Mar 22 2007, 03:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, Mac OS is better because it works with the hardware, which is single proprietary components that are designed for the OS.

Very true. Although you could buy all Microsoft components if you wanted (no guarantee that they would work though laugh2.gif )
My Soundclick
My ReverbNation

New Original - Room For Two
Originals - Winter, Resonance, Hours, Thrashy-1
Covers - Manhattan (Eric Johnson), Wayfarer (In Flames), Trains (Porcupine Tree), Cannonball (Damien Rice), Hallowed Be Thy Name instrumental (Iron Maiden)

#39 SmashySmashy

SmashySmashy
  • GZ Regular
  • 28,118 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 08:44 PM

QUOTE (thehundredthone @ Mar 26 2007, 12:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (AcousticSmash @ Mar 22 2007, 03:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, Mac OS is better because it works with the hardware, which is single proprietary components that are designed for the OS.

Very true. Although you could buy all Microsoft components if you wanted (no guarantee that they would work though laugh2.gif )

I have never seen a product that was made by MS that was electronics based aside from the Zune mp3 player which sucks (those things are a joke).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please consider donating to GuitarZone.com.
With more and more people using ad blocking add-ons for browsers, ad revenue has plummeted.
If you can spare even US$5 it would mean a lot to help pay for GZ's monthly server bill.
Thank you to all. Cheers! --Rob

Method #1: PayPal

Click 'Donate' above
to donate with any
major credit card or
existing PayPal funds.

E-mail on record with PayPal
[ ]

Method #2: Bitcoin

Option A )  Scan Bitcoin QR Code

Scan above box with mobile phone, or click...

Option B )  Copy and Paste Bitcoin Address

13NA7exoZVPGBAxnKXcQAz35JQ5PvnhYDE  

Copy above address and paste into Bitcoin app...

Learn more about Bitcoin...