Grandpa FrankyZ

What is your conceptual continuity?

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,871 posts
  • Original Name: frankyz84

Posted 14 June 2007 - 08:01 PM

And their standing in the guitar world.

I recently purchased a Martinez guitar. It`s an Electro Acoustic, model MPC-1C-NGL. This Guitar is Dreadnaught size with a cutaway, and solid Spruce top, has a Prener LC piazo pickup system, and has a standard jack output as well as the 3 pin low Z output. It also has it`s own onboard LCD tuner, and Grover machineheads. Now i have not come across this company before, i belive it to be Australian in origin. The Label does not tell me where it was made, just that it is Australian design. This could mean it could be made anywhere in the world. Now i picked this guitar because it felt just right, after spending a lot of time trying out guitars in just about every guitar shop in Adelaide.
The reason i am asking is that it came with a lowly price tag of just $400AU. That is a cheap guitar in Australia, but i have played many guitars whth far far highrer price tags, and they have not been of nearly as good a quality as this guitar. So i want to know is, are the Martinez guitars all good quality, with low price tags, or is this a guitar that should carry a higher price tag, but the shop made a mistake.

#2 SmashySmashy

SmashySmashy
  • GZ Regular
  • 28,096 posts
  • Original Name: AcousticSmash

Posted 14 June 2007 - 08:24 PM

Are you familiar with the Guitar World online guitar dealer in Queensland? They have a few of the brand listed but they are resonators and archtops, I could not find any guitars under that brand name which you described. I tried doing some searching but came up with very little and there isnt a website for the company, nor are the guitars sold on any US sites. A quick search on ebay came up with only 1 guitar for sale and the person selling it said that its a Spanish made guitar.

#3 Grandpa FrankyZ

Grandpa FrankyZ

What is your conceptual continuity?

• GZ Regular
  • 29,871 posts
  • Original Name: frankyz84

Posted 14 June 2007 - 08:38 PM

Are you familiar with the Guitar World online guitar dealer in Queensland? They have a few of the brand listed but they are resonators and archtops, I could not find any guitars under that brand name which you described. I tried doing some searching but came up with very little and there isnt a website for the company, nor are the guitars sold on any US sites. A quick search on ebay came up with only 1 guitar for sale and the person selling it said that its a Spanish made guitar.

I have also had trouble finding a website. I have a feeling the make may be linked to the Maton guitar company, and the M signiture on the back of the headstock is very similar.

#4 longtall

longtall
  • 2 posts
  • Original Name: longtall

Posted 14 March 2008 - 09:51 PM

Hi guys, I found this forum through a google search on Martinez Guitars.. and the model I just bought the MPC-1C-NGL..
As you are impressed Franky, I too have been impressed with the playability, tone and feel of this instrument. I've been playing guitar in various guises now for 41 years and have never owned a guitar this inexpensive that offered so much. Mine cost AU$399 and it came with a hard case too. Aren't on-board tuners just great?

The closest guitar in terms of matching feel that I have previously owned was a Takamine similar to this one Takamine
Unfortunately long gone now, however as I remember in 1990 it was very much more expensive than the Martinez and its sweet tone only came through after a few years of ownership. The Martinez sounds bright and crisp right out of the box.
Here are my pics of the Martinez on the day I bought it. The new Martinez arrives home

#5 billy16

billy16
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,466 posts
  • Original Name: billy16

Posted 14 March 2008 - 10:09 PM

I know of someone who had a Martinez classical guitar. I think the guitar new costed something like $400. Looked nice and sounded great as well. Better than an Alvarez of the same price range.

#6 Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

Circus Animal

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPip
  • 745 posts
  • Original Name: Crawdaddy

Posted 20 March 2008 - 08:44 PM

Found this if its any help to you, seems they might be a German company.

Martinez Quality Guitars est. 1978
Brambach 29
78713 Schramberg

Telefon: 0742299100
Telefax: 0742253263

Homepage: http://www.martinez-guitars.com

Found at this addy,
http://www.flix.de/b...-14-395115.html
SoundClick
--------------------

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please consider donating to GuitarZone.com.
With more and more people using ad blocking add-ons for browsers, ad revenue has plummeted.
If you can spare even US$5 it would mean a lot to help pay for GZ's monthly server bill.
Thank you to all. Cheers! --Rob

Method #1: PayPal

Click 'Donate' above
to donate with any
major credit card or
existing PayPal funds.

E-mail on record with PayPal
[ ]

Method #2: Bitcoin

Option A )  Scan Bitcoin QR Code

Scan above box with mobile phone, or click...

Option B )  Copy and Paste Bitcoin Address

13NA7exoZVPGBAxnKXcQAz35JQ5PvnhYDE  

Copy above address and paste into Bitcoin app...

Learn more about Bitcoin...