- - - - -

How To Spot Fake Fender Guitars

25 replies to this topic

#1 AceGuitarShop

AceGuitarShop
  • 8 posts
  • Original Name: AceGuitarShop

Posted 21 May 2008 - 06:41 PM

There is a GREAT need for ALL of us to be informed in regards to spotting Fake Guitars. Unfortunately... There are a good deal of fake instruments (Fender, Epiphone, Ibanez, Gibson etc...) in circulation right now on the net. Here is an Article I've written that will help you tell the difference from a Fake Fender and a REAL one.

http://aceguitarshop...=...6&Itemid=31

Enjoy the article and.... Don't get duped by the fraud-sters out there!
www.AceGuitarShop.com

#2 SmashySmashy

SmashySmashy
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,100 posts
  • Original Name: AcousticSmash

Posted 22 May 2008 - 01:06 PM

laugh.gif Epic failure since there is nothing on the page. Methinks you are nothing but another annoying scamming wanker who is trying to ruin things for everyone on this site.

Fake Fender guitars are pretty rare anyway, I have never seen any on eBay and that is the biggest place to find fakes and I doubt anyone is stupid enough to copy Fender since there are a zillion different knock off brands anyway which are poor as it is, aside from Tokai who no longer make guitars thanks to lawsuits. You can't get much cheaper then all the other 50 dollar Fender copies which suck noodles, I doubt you can get any worse.

#3 dadfad

dadfad

dadfad

• Ombudsman
  • 27,882 posts
  • Original Name: dadfad

Posted 22 May 2008 - 01:39 PM

(The link worked for me.)
Un-plugged is not the same as never-was-plugged-in-to-begin-with.

Posted Image
John Jackson -My Teacher and My Old Friend

When the roll is called up yonder he'll be there...

#4 Grandpa FrankyZ

Grandpa FrankyZ

What is your conceptual continuity?

• GZ Regular
  • 29,874 posts
  • Original Name: frankyz84

Posted 22 May 2008 - 02:44 PM

QUOTE (AcousticSmash @ May 22 2008, 09:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
laugh.gif Epic failure since there is nothing on the page. Methinks you are nothing but another annoying scamming wanker who is trying to ruin things for everyone on this site.

Fake Fender guitars are pretty rare anyway, I have never seen any on eBay and that is the biggest place to find fakes and I doubt anyone is stupid enough to copy Fender since there are a zillion different knock off brands anyway which are poor as it is, aside from Tokai who no longer make guitars thanks to lawsuits. You can't get much cheaper then all the other 50 dollar Fender copies which suck noodles, I doubt you can get any worse.

You are the epitome of stupidity AC, you never cease to amaze me with your banal remarks. His page works fine, he`s a genuine dealer with his own shop. The info on the page was informative, and helpful, i have also seen many fake Fenders on ebay, as well as Gibsons, Epiphones, and Ibanez. I even bought a fake Ibanez from China just to see what it was like.

To quote you, ""Methinks you are nothing but another annoying wanker who is trying to ruin things for everyone on this site.""

I for one am sick of you so called expertise on all things musical. You just give out misinformation, and pretend to be knowledgeable on things you know nothing about. You are rude without reason, and insult other peoples intelligence. You are the only fake here.
Start being polite to people, and stick with what you know, and you may actually gain some respect around these parts. You finally managed to piss me off.

#5 one_who_rocks

one_who_rocks

the kryle

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,709 posts
  • Original Name: one_who_rocks

Posted 22 May 2008 - 02:57 PM

I just think AS is a bad cynic.

#6 SmashySmashy

SmashySmashy
  • GZ Regular
  • 28,100 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 03:31 PM

QUOTE (dadfad @ May 22 2008, 05:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
(The link worked for me.)

There was nothing there when I clicked the link. Just a bar along the side with links to other parts of the site.

#7 gravitas

gravitas
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,940 posts
  • Original Name: gravitas

Posted 22 May 2008 - 04:55 PM

QUOTE (AceGuitarShop @ May 21 2008, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There is a GREAT need for ALL of us to be informed in regards to spotting Fake Guitars. Unfortunately... There are a good deal of fake instruments (Fender, Epiphone, Ibanez, Gibson etc...) in circulation right now on the net. Here is an Article I've written that will help you tell the difference from a Fake Fender and a REAL one.

http://aceguitarshop...=...6&Itemid=31

Enjoy the article and.... Don't get duped by the fraud-sters out there!

Thanks for that man. I'll definitely scrutinize my serial numbers closer next time I order a Fender product.

As for you smashy, is that kind of accusatory nonsense really your first reaction when you meet somebody in real life? If so, wtf.

#8 SmashySmashy

SmashySmashy
  • GZ Regular
  • 28,100 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 05:13 PM

The article loads now and reading it, there is some interesting stuff there and it is well written, but giving someone crap for posting your material and not taking credit for it was kinda silly.

#9 builtmyownbass

builtmyownbass

Audition candidate

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts
  • Original Name: builtmyownbass

Posted 25 May 2008 - 02:08 AM

I will probably never buy a Fender guitar, or even any other American-made guitar sold in Australia.
Soundclick me.

1. You smell them from the grinder.
2. You smell them in your brewed cup.
3. You smell them leaving...

#10 Grandpa FrankyZ

Grandpa FrankyZ

• GZ Regular
  • 29,874 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 02:27 AM

QUOTE (builtmyownbass @ May 25 2008, 10:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I will probably never buy a Fender guitar, or even any other American-made guitar sold in Australia.

Why?

#11 ninjato

ninjato
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,810 posts
  • Original Name: ninjato

Posted 25 May 2008 - 08:44 AM

QUOTE (frankyz84 @ May 22 2008, 06:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I for one am sick of you so called expertise on all things musical. You just give out misinformation, and pretend to be knowledgeable on things you know nothing about. You are rude without reason, and insult other peoples intelligence. You are the only fake here.
Start being polite to people, and stick with what you know, and you may actually gain some respect around these parts. You finally managed to piss me off.

LOL...finally you noticed.

#12 SmashySmashy

SmashySmashy
  • GZ Regular
  • 28,100 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 11:10 AM

QUOTE (frankyz84 @ May 25 2008, 06:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why?

Probably because China is knocking on your doorstep and I am willing to bet there are a lot of fakes there.

#13 Captain_Trips

Captain_Trips

it was fun, while it lasted

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,000 posts
  • Original Name: Captain_Trips

Posted 25 May 2008 - 11:15 AM

Smashy, smashy, smashy.
Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine
I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shine
Come to Daddy on an inside straight
I got no chance of losing this time
No, I got no chance of losing this time

#14 ninjato

ninjato
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,810 posts
  • Original Name: ninjato

Posted 25 May 2008 - 11:53 AM

If the fakes are that good and play that well.......

#15 Grandpa FrankyZ

Grandpa FrankyZ

• GZ Regular
  • 29,874 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 01:49 PM

QUOTE (ninjato @ May 25 2008, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (frankyz84 @ May 22 2008, 06:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL...finally you noticed.

I have noticed for years, and am constantly pointing out his errors, but my patience finally ran out. ohmy.gif

QUOTE (AcousticSmash @ May 25 2008, 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (frankyz84 @ May 25 2008, 06:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why?

Probably because China is knocking on your doorstep and I am willing to bet there are a lot of fakes there.

No more than anywhere else in the world.

#16 builtmyownbass

builtmyownbass

Audition candidate

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 04:18 AM

QUOTE (frankyz84 @ May 25 2008, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why?

Because I am not willing to pay over 200% of the standard price.
...And I have a workshop.

Say If I wanted to buy a Fender Deluxe Stratocaster - It would be literally cheaper to fly to LA and get one from a music store than to buy it locally.
Soundclick me.

#17 Grandpa FrankyZ

Grandpa FrankyZ

• GZ Regular
  • 29,874 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 02:40 PM

QUOTE (builtmyownbass @ May 26 2008, 12:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why?

Say If I wanted to buy a Fender Deluxe Stratocaster - It would be literally cheaper to fly to LA and get one from a music store than to buy it locally.

From Sydney to LA $1665au economy class. Fender Deluxe Stratocaster cost in LA $1500us = $1562au Total cost for trip + guitar = $3227. Then there will be the import duty on top of that, so you are looking at a total cost of $3500au.

Fender Deluxe Stratocaster bought from Allen Music in Adelaide, $2500.

I know that Australia has high prices on guitars, but even a top of the range Maton is gonna cost you the same as the Fender. Yes music stores are ripping you off, i have just found out that the Guitar my wife has just bought me is 695 IN THE uk, which is $1432au. She paid $1700au at Derringers, including hard case. The Australian government is ripping us off in GST and import duties, considering the guitar is made in China, which is far closer to our shores than it is to the UK. And the markup on the guitars put on by store owners is around 60%.(so i have been told, but won`t vouch for that accuracy).

Edited by frankyz84, 26 May 2008 - 04:45 PM.

#18 SmashySmashy

SmashySmashy
  • GZ Regular
  • 28,100 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 04:34 PM

QUOTE (frankyz84 @ May 26 2008, 06:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (builtmyownbass @ May 26 2008, 12:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why?

From Sydney to LA $1665au economy class. Fender Deluxe Stratocaster cost in LA $1500us = $1562au Total cost for trip + guitar = $3227. Then there will be the import duty on top of that, so you are looking at a total cost of $3500au.

Fender Deluxe Stratocaster bought from Allen Music in Adelaide, $2500.

I know that Australia has high prices on guitars, but even a top of the range Maton is gonna cost you the same as the Fender. Yes music stores are ripping you off, i have just found out that the Guitar my wife has just bought me is 695 which is $1432au. She paid $1700au at Derringers, including hard case. The Australian government is ripping us off in GST and import duties, considering the guitar is made in China, which is far closer to our shores than it is to the UK. And the markup on the guitars put on by store owners is around 60%.(so i have been told, but won`t vouch for that accuracy).

I feel for ya Rick, guitars used to be mad overpriced a few years ago, now that our dollar is stronger, gear is getting close to on par to what Americans are paying, plus the taxes have gone down a fair bit, it might be about 100 dollars more depending on the store, still pretty good considering what stuff was selling for. Heck, with the US economy faltering and the dollar decreasing in value, one store that I visit is starting to get stuff below the US prices which is really nice. When I started playing guitar in 2003, a Fender 65 Twin Reverb was retailing for 2200 CAD, and was selling online for 1600 USD, now it costs 1400 here and I believe the online US price is 1200. And I live in Canada, we are right next door to America and we were still getting shafted by our government 5 years ago. One can only hope the same will eventually happen in Oz.

#19 builtmyownbass

builtmyownbass

Audition candidate

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 10:29 PM

Last time I checked, a deluxe Strat was $3099 in Allan's Music. If I were to actually take an international trip it wouldn't be just for one guitar - that would be the bonus.
Soundclick me.

#20 Grandpa FrankyZ

Grandpa FrankyZ

• GZ Regular
  • 29,874 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 02:18 AM

QUOTE (builtmyownbass @ May 27 2008, 06:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Last time I checked, a deluxe Strat was $3099 in Allan's Music. If I were to actually take an international trip it wouldn't be just for one guitar - that would be the bonus.

I have their latest brouche in front of me, the price is actually $2499, but i rounded it off. tongue.gif

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please consider donating to GuitarZone.com.
With more and more people using ad blocking add-ons for browsers, ad revenue has plummeted.
If you can spare even US$5 it would mean a lot to help pay for GZ's monthly server bill.
Thank you to all. Cheers! --Rob

Method #1: PayPal

Click 'Donate' above
to donate with any
major credit card or
existing PayPal funds.

E-mail on record with PayPal
[ ]

Method #2: Bitcoin

Option A )  Scan Bitcoin QR Code

Scan above box with mobile phone, or click...

Option B )  Copy and Paste Bitcoin Address

13NA7exoZVPGBAxnKXcQAz35JQ5PvnhYDE  

Copy above address and paste into Bitcoin app...

Learn more about Bitcoin...