#1 chasyd

chasyd

tries..

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,698 posts
  • Original Name: chasyd69

Posted 16 October 2009 - 12:54 PM

I can't seem to get my website to work properly on IE8 yet it works fine on Firefox. I can't seem to suss out where I've gone wrong as some other sites that I've designed using the same techniques work fine in both. If anyone could have a look see for me and shed some light on the problem it would be appreciated. The links in my sig.

#2 Cuphands

Cuphands

-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,374 posts
  • Original Name: igorski

Posted 17 October 2009 - 08:34 AM

If your site works in IE7, you might be suffering from the new rendering thingamajig Microsoft changed for IE8.

You can try adding this meta tag:

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE7"/>

in the head of your page(s) to force Internet Explorer 8 to render the content as Internet Explorer 7 would.
If in IE7 the layout is still rendered differently, the usual suspects are usually the margin and padding CSS values when DIV layers are nested, as IE deals with inheritance differently than other browsers.

#3 chasyd

chasyd

tries..

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,698 posts
  • Original Name: chasyd69

Posted 17 October 2009 - 08:56 AM

Cheers Igor but still no joy I'm afriad. Its annoying as I used the same template for my friends sit and it works fine.

#4 ice2012

ice2012
  • 4 posts
  • Original Name: ice2012

Posted 14 May 2010 - 02:23 AM

For those not familiar with the terminology, release candidates, in Microsoft parlance, are versions of software that are still not ready for the general public to use, since they may not have all the major bugs ironed out. They are generally more or less complete (or at least, they are more complete than the "beta" releases, which are work-in-progress software), so they are made available so that others can test it. In the case of IE 8 RC 1, Microsoft has said that all the features intended for IE8 have been implemented, and the real release version of IE 8 should behave the same way. This allows web developers to try IE 8 on their websites and adjust them so that they work properly when IE8 is finally released.
----------------
Breast Augmentation | Breast Enlargement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please consider donating to GuitarZone.com.
With more and more people using ad blocking add-ons for browsers, ad revenue has plummeted.
If you can spare even US$5 it would mean a lot to help pay for GZ's monthly server bill.
Thank you to all. Cheers! --Rob

Method #1: PayPal

Click 'Donate' above
to donate with any
major credit card or
existing PayPal funds.

E-mail on record with PayPal
[ ]

Method #2: Bitcoin

Option A )  Scan Bitcoin QR Code

Scan above box with mobile phone, or click...

Option B )  Copy and Paste Bitcoin Address

13NA7exoZVPGBAxnKXcQAz35JQ5PvnhYDE  

Copy above address and paste into Bitcoin app...

Learn more about Bitcoin...