1 reply to this topic

#1 madaxeman

madaxeman
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts
  • Original Name: madaxeman

Posted 29 March 2010 - 05:12 AM

Quick question to all the drummers out there. My son who is turning nine in April has asked me about getting a drum set. We got Beatles rock band for Christmas and he really enjoys the drums. I told him it's not like the game and he would have to take some lessons to get down the basics and he seems open to the idea. Being that he's nine I don't want to invest in a huge expensive set (although I would mess around on it as well :) ). I don't want to buy a total piece of shit either in case he sticks with it. I will probably go used, but I have no idea what to look for. I've seen starter kits in stores for like $399 and from playing guitar I know the guitar starter kits are pretty much garbage, don't know if the same is true for drums? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Posted Image

#2 RonaldCica

RonaldCica
  • New
  • 11 posts
  • Original Name: RonaldCica

Posted 12 August 2016 - 02:01 PM

I took the advice of looking on craigslist for a kit and found a Pearl Export drum kit for 400 or OBO so I might try to get that. It looks like a good kit

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please consider donating to GuitarZone.com.
With more and more people using ad blocking add-ons for browsers, ad revenue has plummeted.
If you can spare even US$5 it would mean a lot to help pay for GZ's monthly server bill.
Thank you to all. Cheers! --Rob

Method #1: PayPal

Click 'Donate' above
to donate with any
major credit card or
existing PayPal funds.

E-mail on record with PayPal
[ ]

Method #2: Bitcoin

Option A )  Scan Bitcoin QR Code

Scan above box with mobile phone, or click...

Option B )  Copy and Paste Bitcoin Address

13NA7exoZVPGBAxnKXcQAz35JQ5PvnhYDE  

Copy above address and paste into Bitcoin app...

Learn more about Bitcoin...