How do I complete my profile?

2 replies to this topic

#1 capodreadnought

capodreadnought
  • 3 posts
  • Original Name: capodreadnought

Posted 20 January 2011 - 10:40 AM

I have recently joined this website, and not being very computer literate (I am not even on Facebook)I am having trouble with the terms used on the profile page. My profile says that I have not yet set my status - what does this mean?
Also, I have not yet configured my "About Me" page - Help!!
Lastly, I have not added a signature - what is this??
I would be most grateful if someone could help me with these issues.

#2 wooooogiecrisp

wooooogiecrisp

breakfast of schmucks

• Ombudsman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 73,972 posts
  • Donator:Yes, Once
  • Original Name: woggie

Posted 20 January 2011 - 12:44 PM

Welcome stranger. Don't worry about not being computer literate because GuitarZone is easy to use. Your status update, signature and about me page are all just "extras", meaning that they are not necessary for you to have or use to post on the forum. I will explain each of them for you though. Your status update can be used to state a brief message. That message is posted in your profile and on the forum index page. You can see the most recent status updates on the right side of the index page.

Your profile can be edited by going to the top right of any page on this forum. There you will see your member name. Click your name and a menu will drop down. From that menu click My Settings. On that page you will see some tabs that say Settings, Forums and Profile. Click on the Profile tab. There you can edit various things about yourself such as your location, the gear you use, your gender and other information you care to share. After you are done making all your changes press the button on the bottom of the page that says Save Changes.

Now at the top left of the same page under where it says Profile there is a tab that says Change About Me Page. Click on that to post any information about yourself that you would like people to know. What you type in your About Me can be seen in your profile.

Under the tab that says Change About Me Page there is a tab that says Change Signature. A signature is text that gets added automatically at the end of every post. My signature, for example, is the picture of the "deaf metal" woman.

Again welcome to GuitarZone, hope you find everything that you're looking for.

Follow @McWoggie to the gates of Hell. We're gonna ding-dong ditch them!

#3 capodreadnought

capodreadnought
  • 3 posts
  • Original Name: capodreadnought

Posted 20 January 2011 - 07:48 PM

Thanks Woggie,
I think that answers all of my questions.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please consider donating to GuitarZone.com.
With more and more people using ad blocking add-ons for browsers, ad revenue has plummeted.
If you can spare even US$5 it would mean a lot to help pay for GZ's monthly server bill.
Thank you to all. Cheers! --Rob

Method #1: PayPal

Click 'Donate' above
to donate with any
major credit card or
existing PayPal funds.

E-mail on record with PayPal
[ ]

Method #2: Bitcoin

Option A )  Scan Bitcoin QR Code

Scan above box with mobile phone, or click...

Option B )  Copy and Paste Bitcoin Address

13NA7exoZVPGBAxnKXcQAz35JQ5PvnhYDE  

Copy above address and paste into Bitcoin app...

Learn more about Bitcoin...