Guitar Pro 5.1 Midi ProblemsHelp?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 johnnyboy765

johnnyboy765
  • 2 posts
  • Original Name: johnnyboy765

Posted 13 February 2011 - 04:49 PM

I developed this issue today when I was trying to use gp as a metronome for recording. I think I may have hit a button or check box somewhere (like we all do from time to time) and now my drum tracks are played as piano notes. This only happens with midi drums, which isn't a huge deal, but is really a pain in when trying to write a drum track or use the metronome. Does anyone know what I may have done/how to fix it? Thanks!

Johnny

#2 Cuphands

Cuphands

-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,374 posts
  • Original Name: igorski

Posted 14 February 2011 - 01:45 AM

When your drum sound is played as a piano sound, I assume your general MIDI "map" has been altered from the default. ( A general MIDI map offers rank synthesized sounds that sorta mimic the sound they're supposed to represent - but they get these jobs done -, this "map" consists of a range of 128 spots, where the first eight are piano, and the percussion sounds start at 9 and go up to slot 16, and there are other percussive sounds from 113 to 120 ).

I don't know what you hit, but have a look in the drum track you're using / writing, and see if you can look at the channel number it's playing through ( and set it to a channel from 9 through 16 or 113 to 120 until it sounds like the drum you need, altough I'm pretty sure you want channel 10 ). Failing that, have a look at GP's main preference panel and see if your MIDI output is mapped to 'General MIDI' or GM1 as there are different mappings.

I'm not sure if those windows or options even exist, but they should as they've been default for the past 20+ years. :unsure:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please consider donating to GuitarZone.com.
With more and more people using ad blocking add-ons for browsers, ad revenue has plummeted.
If you can spare even US$5 it would mean a lot to help pay for GZ's monthly server bill.
Thank you to all. Cheers! --Rob

Method #1: PayPal

Click 'Donate' above
to donate with any
major credit card or
existing PayPal funds.

E-mail on record with PayPal
[ ]

Method #2: Bitcoin

Option A )  Scan Bitcoin QR Code

Scan above box with mobile phone, or click...

Option B )  Copy and Paste Bitcoin Address

13NA7exoZVPGBAxnKXcQAz35JQ5PvnhYDE  

Copy above address and paste into Bitcoin app...

Learn more about Bitcoin...