breakfast of schmucks

• Ombudsman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 73,972 posts
  • Donator:Yes, Once
  • Original Name: woggie

Posted 26 February 2011 - 11:49 AM

Posted Image

"Dimmu Borgir is more like epic guitar playing or like slow guitar and it fits the orchestra...For Dimmu Borgir it's always worked." - Galder

Galder is a Norwegian composer, guitarist, and vocalist whose birth name is Tom Rune Andersen. He is from the small town Jessheim, north of Oslo. He is a founding member of the melodic black metal band Old Man's Child as well as the lead guitarist in Dimmu Borgir. In 1993, under the stage name Grusom, he, Jardar and Tjodalv created Old Man's Child. On Old Man's Child albums, he has performed vocal work, guitars, bass, and keyboards, though with a full line-up his primary instruments are guitar and keyboards, as well as vocals. He joined Dimmu Borgir in 2000 but has kept Old Man's Child alive. Galder has also worked with other Norwegian bands like D�dheimsgard.

"Sometimes the simplesest riff can be the hardest because when you think about something else like, 'beer ahhh fuck!' So if it's more technical I'll concentrate a lot more...We won't make music we can't play." - Galder

Galder may not be the fastest guitar player nor his riffs the most difficult to play. It is rather his compositional abilities that are astounding. This can be most observed by listening to about any album from Old Man's Child where he composes and preforms much of the band's music. Galder's riffing style is varied and crosses genres from black metal, death metal and traditional heavy metal. In Old Man's Child Galder's brilliance is best shown with the help of keyboards that mix perfectly and give the songs a dark ominous feel that two guitars simply can't produce. Dimmu Borgir also uses keyboards and Galder, as their lead guitarist, blends his solos to complement the riffs and the mood of whichever particular song is currently playing; the solos seem to be classically influenced and they're very melodic and well-placed. In Old Man's Child, Galder sings many of the band's songs. His vocals are hate-filled and throat-tearing but Galder enunciates well so the listener can understand the lyrics and stay engaged.

"I've always been a fan of keyboards because it creates a certain atmosphere" - Galder

Discography

With Old Man's Child
  • In the Shades of Life (1994)
  • Born of the Flickering (1995)
  • The Pagan Prosperity (1997)
  • Ill-Natured Spiritual Invasion (1998)
  • Revelation 666 - The Curse of Damnation (2000)
  • In Defiance of Existence (2003)
  • Vermin (2005)
  • Slaves of the World (2009)
With Dimmu Borgir
  • Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia (2001)
  • World Misanthropy (2002) (DVD)
  • Death Cult Armageddon (2003)
  • In Sorte Diaboli (2007)
  • Abrahadabra (2010)
With D�dheimsgard
  • Satanic Art (1998)
Equipment
  • ESP F Series Costum Guitars
  • Randall amps
  • Digitech pre-amps
  • Shure wire-less systems
  • D'adario strings
  • Dunlop picks
References
http://www.last.fm/music/Galder/+wiki
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qtfO3Mq3nQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aGrHPZlpzg

Follow @McWoggie to the gates of Hell. We're gonna ding-dong ditch them!

#2 Williampl

Williampl
  • 6 posts
  • Original Name: Williampl

Posted 21 October 2015 - 06:38 AM

Whats up everyone, my name is James. Im new to the forum and just wanted to say hi.. I hope I posted this in the right section.

#3 Nealio

Nealio

Stuff

• Ombudsman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,502 posts
  • Donator:Yes, Once
  • Original Name: nealmac

Posted 22 October 2015 - 12:40 AM

Whats up everyone, my name is James. Im new to the forum and just wanted to say hi.. I hope I posted this in the right section.

Hi James and welcome to Guitarzone. If you want to make an introduction, make a post in the pinned thread at the top of the Guitar Q&A. You've basically just posted in someone elses thread going completely away from the topic at hand.

Not to worry, you're new and we realise everyone is human.

We're a very small community right now. We've been established for over 15 years, but we're starting to grow new members now. Hopefully you like the place and will stick around. We're very relaxed when it comes to rules. We tend not to enforce a lot of the rules, we love a bit of banter and we don't take anything personally.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please consider donating to GuitarZone.com.
With more and more people using ad blocking add-ons for browsers, ad revenue has plummeted.
If you can spare even US$5 it would mean a lot to help pay for GZ's monthly server bill.
Thank you to all. Cheers! --Rob

Method #1: PayPal

Click 'Donate' above
to donate with any
major credit card or
existing PayPal funds.

E-mail on record with PayPal
[ ]

Method #2: Bitcoin

Option A )  Scan Bitcoin QR Code

Scan above box with mobile phone, or click...

Option B )  Copy and Paste Bitcoin Address

13NA7exoZVPGBAxnKXcQAz35JQ5PvnhYDE  

Copy above address and paste into Bitcoin app...

Learn more about Bitcoin...