Nealio

Stuff

• Ombudsman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,502 posts
  • Donator:Yes, Once
  • Original Name: nealmac

Posted 05 February 2012 - 12:12 PM

I can also see why there's so much double posting going on. Whenever I click on "post" the page seems to hang, so the natural reaction is to hit post again. However, there's no need, as your post will be submitted the first time, even though you don't realise it. After clicking "post", wait a few minutes, and then refresh the page. You'll see your submitted post in all it's (un)glory.

Not an ideal fix, but it should help out most until Rob sorts this thing out.

#22 Cuphands

Cuphands

-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,374 posts
  • Original Name: igorski

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:28 AM

Ahem, the problem is described here.

It is the reason all JavaScript interactions and asynchronous calls fail. Hence the reason why no one receives feedback when a post has indeed been posted and why all the double posts are occuring.

#23 dorio

dorio

Editor in Chief®

• Ombudsman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,780 posts
  • Donator:No
  • Original Name: dorio

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:44 AM

I disabled JavaScript and the difference is it's not entirely back to normal but it's no longer broken. Seems like the temporary fix.

#24 rbalch

rbalch
  • Ombudsman
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts
  • Donator:Yes, Continually
  • Original Name: rbalch

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:42 AM

Hello GZUers :drink:

I've been working on this more than I"d like to admit and I think all of our problems are solved now. :doh:

So.......
  • You may re-enable javascript,
  • You may use the 'Desktop' theme/skin,
  • You will not be bothered by the training slash problem described by Cuphands above. Thanks Cuphands for the the post! That was ruining lots of stuff!
  • You will always be directed to a legit https:// SSL encrypted version of the website whenever you sign in, this will protect your password in case you are using a cafe or unencrypted wi-fi, or just any untrusted network
  • And, while briefly in SSL mode during sign in, you will not see ANY annoying security warnings because: 1) the certificate is now 'trusted', I decided to shell out the $$$ for you guys, and 2) there are no more 'mixed-mode' conditions (which IE especially hates), I think I've eliminated those. :blow:
Please let me know if you still expecience problems of any kind. I will now entertain small bugs as well (assuming some large problems don't come up soon)

Thanks for your patience, I hope some of you got a bit of exercise or sunshine during this GZU downtime. :pain:

Cheers, :guitar:
Rob
"Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom." -Albert Einstein

"I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
(in response to Tipper Gore's allegations that music incites people towards deviant behavior...)

#25 Nealio

Nealio

Stuff

• Ombudsman
  • 35,502 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:22 AM

Nice one! Cheers, Rob :D

#26 rbalch

rbalch
  • Ombudsman
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts
  • Donator:Yes, Continually
  • Original Name: rbalch

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:24 AM

Cant use the mobile version on my iPhone. Every time I click to reply, the text box doesn't appear and I have to switch to the full version.

Nealio, is this still happening?
"Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom." -Albert Einstein

"I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
(in response to Tipper Gore's allegations that music incites people towards deviant behavior...)

#27 Nealio

Nealio

Stuff

• Ombudsman
  • 35,502 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:33 AM

Yeah, still happening, Rob.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please consider donating to GuitarZone.com.
With more and more people using ad blocking add-ons for browsers, ad revenue has plummeted.
If you can spare even US$5 it would mean a lot to help pay for GZ's monthly server bill.
Thank you to all. Cheers! --Rob

Method #1: PayPal

Click 'Donate' above
to donate with any
major credit card or
existing PayPal funds.

E-mail on record with PayPal
[ ]

Method #2: Bitcoin

Option A )  Scan Bitcoin QR Code

Scan above box with mobile phone, or click...

Option B )  Copy and Paste Bitcoin Address

13NA7exoZVPGBAxnKXcQAz35JQ5PvnhYDE  

Copy above address and paste into Bitcoin app...

Learn more about Bitcoin...