Nealio

Stuff

• Ombudsman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,502 posts
  • Donator:Yes, Once
  • Original Name: nealmac

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:35 PM

Rob, just wondering is there any way you could possibly get Guitarzone to be "Tapatalk" enabled?

For those that don't know, Tapatalk is a cool app available for iPhone, Blackberry and Android that allows you to view certain forums with it. I know there are various other similar apps for viewing forums, but Tapatalk is head and shoulders above anything I've seen yet. Most of these apps only allow for basic viewing, but Tapatalk keeps quite a lot of the forums other stuff like formatting, viewing images etc. it costs something like €2.50 but it's money well spent. A lot of forums use it now.

Anyway, just a thought. Maybe you could even look into it and see if there's much involved?

Thanks.
Neal.

#2 rbalch

rbalch
  • Ombudsman
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts
  • Donator:Yes, Continually
  • Original Name: rbalch

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:50 AM

Hi Neal,

I have not looked into it very much. I believe it IS compatible with this software and that some GZusers would benefit from it. Are there any other visitors that care to vouch for this or at least say they're interested?

I don't have the app on my phone, and one bad thing I know from personal experience is that when I go to a Tapatalk enabled forum on my phone it pops up with an annoying message that says the forum is Tapatalk enabled. If they have a more subtle way of announcing that to non-Tapatalk users, I'd be onboard for this...

Rob
"Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom." -Albert Einstein

"I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
(in response to Tipper Gore's allegations that music incites people towards deviant behavior...)

#3 Nealio

Nealio

Stuff

• Ombudsman
  • 35,502 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:19 AM

I thought some would have posted here before now, supporting the idea. I know at least one other regular on GTU supports the idea. And I would think that a lot of people with smart phones would support it too, if they gave it a chance.

Even though they may not have used it, I can say with 100% certainty that it's a much better option than using the standard mobile browser. The mobile browser on GTU very buggy too.

But I agree with your negative point. I use Tapatalk on a football forum, and it does pop up that the forum is Tapatalk enabled. However, this only happens once in a single browsing session, and I doubt many people use the mobile browser anyway.

Would enabling GTU to be Tapatalk compatible put any expense on yourself, Rob?

#4 rbalch

rbalch
  • Ombudsman
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:21 PM

Anyone?

I'll look into in anyways. Thanks Nealio
"Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom." -Albert Einstein

"I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
(in response to Tipper Gore's allegations that music incites people towards deviant behavior...)

#5 Nealio

Nealio

Stuff

• Ombudsman
  • 35,502 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:35 AM

Most people just aren't "smartphone literate". But they'll come round eventually. Enabling Tapatalk will be a good investment :)

#6 BrokenMirror

BrokenMirror

The Monsteriest

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,327 posts
  • Original Name: BrokenMirror

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:11 AM

I haven't heard of Tapatalk, but it sounds interesting - if GTU was smartphone-friendly that would definitely be a bonus.

"Nothing says romance like a gift of a kidnapped injured woman."

Proud holder of 206 Major-Points

#7 Nealio

Nealio

Stuff

• Ombudsman
  • 35,502 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:48 AM

So what's the latest on this Rob?

#8 rbalch

rbalch
  • Ombudsman
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:56 AM

I looked at it and I'm gonna give it a shot. If I don't get it done tonight it'll have to be Sunday.

Cheers,
Rob

#9 Blugh Grant

Blugh Grant

Played by Adrien Brody

• 46,570 posts
  • Original Name: blueswannabe

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:41 PM

To be honest, my smartphone runs the full version just fine. With the rate of technological advancement and how often the average person probably goes before upgrading their phone, I reckon this tapatalk will be obsolete soon enough
Posted Image

there seems to be an objective reality that a determined individual can penetrate if he is willing to challenge the confining chimeras of markets and machines

It was written that I should be loyal to the nightmare of my choice

http://theonlythingy...d.blogspot.com/

#10 Nealio

Nealio

Stuff

• Ombudsman
  • 35,502 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:14 PM

It runs fine on the iPhone too. But Tapatalk runs so much better. I don't see the harm in it.

#11 rbalch

rbalch
  • Ombudsman
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:30 PM

It's installed. Let me know of any problems!

Cheers, :guitar:
Rob

#12 test_mod

test_mod
  • 2 posts
  • Original Name: RobBalch

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:45 PM

Wow, very easy to use

Rob's dupe

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

#13 Nealio

Nealio

Stuff

• Ombudsman
  • 35,502 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:43 PM

Seems to be working fine Rob.

Thanks a million for that :D

For anyone who installs it, just search for "guitarzone" and you'll find it straightaway.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please consider donating to GuitarZone.com.
With more and more people using ad blocking add-ons for browsers, ad revenue has plummeted.
If you can spare even US$5 it would mean a lot to help pay for GZ's monthly server bill.
Thank you to all. Cheers! --Rob

Method #1: PayPal

Click 'Donate' above
to donate with any
major credit card or
existing PayPal funds.

E-mail on record with PayPal
[ ]

Method #2: Bitcoin

Option A )  Scan Bitcoin QR Code

Scan above box with mobile phone, or click...

Option B )  Copy and Paste Bitcoin Address

13NA7exoZVPGBAxnKXcQAz35JQ5PvnhYDE  

Copy above address and paste into Bitcoin app...

Learn more about Bitcoin...