rbalch
  • Ombudsman
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts
  • Donator:Yes, Continually
  • Original Name: rbalch

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:20 PM

Hello All,

I'm going to upgrade the website software tonight so please get your oh so important GZ activities wrapped up within the next 3 hours. Should be down for 2-3 hours total.

Thanks! :guitar:
Rob
"Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom." -Albert Einstein

"I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
(in response to Tipper Gore's allegations that music incites people towards deviant behavior...)

#2 Nealio

Nealio

Stuff

• Ombudsman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,502 posts
  • Donator:Yes, Once
  • Original Name: nealmac

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

Oh goody. I love upgrades :)

#3 rbalch

rbalch
  • Ombudsman
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

I'll remember to re-add the modification that shows "Original Name" with people's info - unless that's become a standard feature in the new version. I think the post editor is improved so that'll be nice.
"Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom." -Albert Einstein

"I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
(in response to Tipper Gore's allegations that music incites people towards deviant behavior...)

#4 rbalch

rbalch
  • Ombudsman
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

Ok. It's back.... Please reply here with any problems you notice

Thanks! :guitar:

Rob

#5 Nealio

Nealio

Stuff

• Ombudsman
  • 35,502 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:28 AM

Are there any notable differences? Can't say I've seen anything. No bugs either, which is good.

#6 Orchestrazia Ardwick

Orchestrazia Ardwick

The most inept that ever stepped

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 63,207 posts
  • Original Name: el_burton

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:38 PM

I've noticed that the profanity filter has come back, even for us "Regulars" who had previously had it turned off. It basically means my posts are nothing but #s now.

cheryl.gif

#7 Nealio

Nealio

Stuff

• Ombudsman
  • 35,502 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:11 PM

Yeah. And my posts don't even have any real words in them any more.

#8 rbalch

rbalch
  • Ombudsman
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

I've noticed that the profanity filter has come back, even for us "Regulars" who had previously had it turned off. It basically means my posts are nothing but #s now.

I just checked and the settings till show regulars as not have the bad word filters apply. I'm not sure what's going on there.

Are there any notable differences? Can't say I've seen anything. No bugs either, which is good.

I know there is a "Best Answer" option that is used to mark the best response. Might be useful.

#9 rbalch

rbalch
  • Ombudsman
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:57 PM   Best Answer

I know there is a "Best Answer" option that is used to mark the best response. Might be useful.

Which I just enabled for all forums. It was disabled by default. Topic starters and mods can pick the best answer for their topics.

As an example is I'll pick this post as the Best Answer for this topic :doh:

#10 Nealio

Nealio

Stuff

• Ombudsman
  • 35,502 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:54 AM

Hehe just like Yahoo.

I've noticed when quoting a post, the BCC code tags are not appearing. Is this just for me?

#11 dorio

dorio

Editor in Chief®

• Ombudsman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,780 posts
  • Donator:No
  • Original Name: dorio

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:28 AM

Seems like it's all good, except for this "wrong certificate name" thing that pops up and must "accept"  whenever I come here.

#12 wooooogiecrisp

wooooogiecrisp

breakfast of schmucks

• Ombudsman
  • 73,972 posts
  • Original Name: woggie

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:30 PM

I'm having trouble singing in anonymously.

also,

Also, tab + enter no longer hits the post button. It takes you to the search thing. When you click back, your thoughtful and hilarious and wonderful post is gone and you have to re-have all those great thoughts and type it out all over again. THANKS FORUM UPDATE.

Follow @McWoggie to the gates of Hell. We're gonna ding-dong ditch them!

#13 rbalch

rbalch
  • Ombudsman
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

Seems like it's all good, except for this "wrong certificate name" thing that pops up and must "accept"  whenever I come here.

What browser are you using and is this a new problem since the update? It may be because of "mixed content" on httpS pages. If so, I can fix that. What exactly is the browser, url, and message?

also,

Also, tab + enter no longer hits the post button. It takes you to the search thing. When you click back, your thoughtful and hilarious and wonderful post is gone and you have to re-have all those great thoughts and type it out all over again. THANKS FORUM UPDATE.

I'll test it out but it's worked for me so far. Does the log in fail, is the checkbox disabled, or does the request to be anon just get ignored once you're logged in?

Hehe just like Yahoo.

I've noticed when quoting a post, the BCC code tags are not appearing. Is this just for me?

Test

Can you give me an example of BB code that does not work? I assume by BCC you mean BB but correct me if I'm wrong

#14 rbalch

rbalch
  • Ombudsman
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

What browser are you using and is this a new problem since the update? It may be because of "mixed content" on httpS pages. If so, I can fix that. What exactly is the browser, url, and message?

I just put some code in to disable the ads when using https. Did the "wrong certificate name" message stop popping up?

#15 dorio

dorio

Editor in Chief®

• Ombudsman
  • 17,780 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:29 AM

I just put some code in to disable the ads when using https. Did the "wrong certificate name" message stop popping up?

No it didn't stop popping up. It wouldn't be a big deal if it was only once per session but it tends to pop up randomly as I browse the forums. And yes it's a problem since the new update.

I reckon it's because I'm using opera. The  url is internetdefenseleague.org

#16 dorio

dorio

Editor in Chief®

• Ombudsman
  • 17,780 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:48 AM

The pop up looks like this:

wrongcertificate.png

#17 rbalch

rbalch
  • Ombudsman
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:41 AM

The pop up looks like this:

wrongcertificate.png

Ah! thank you. I know how to fix that one. I appreciate you providing that information.

Rob :guitar:

#18 Nealio

Nealio

Stuff

• Ombudsman
  • 35,502 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:49 PM

also,

I'll test it out but it's worked for me so far. Does the log in fail, is the checkbox disabled, or does the request to be anon just get ignored once you're logged in?

Hehe just like Yahoo.

Test

Can you give me an example of BB code that does not work? I assume by BCC you mean BB but correct me if I'm wrong

Yep, I meant BB code  :doh:

Anyway, it seems to be working now. It's different than before. Rather than the tag system showing up, it's looks like it does after the post is submitted.

Any way of removing the profanity filter yet?

#19 rbalch

rbalch
  • Ombudsman
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:42 PM

>> 

also,

Hehe just like Yahoo.

Test

Yep, I meant BB code  :doh:

Anyway, it seems to be working now. It's different than before. Rather than the tag system showing up, it's looks like it does after the post is submitted.

Any way of removing the profanity filter yet?

No fix for the profanity filter yet, it much be a bug because the settings show regulars as exempt

Yes, BB Code handling was all rewritten in this version so there may be some different behavior and appearance of some BB Code related things.

#20 wooooogiecrisp

wooooogiecrisp

breakfast of schmucks

• Ombudsman
  • 73,972 posts
  • Original Name: woggie

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:27 AM

RE logging in as anon: i guess that was something on my end just for that day. it works for me now.

Follow @McWoggie to the gates of Hell. We're gonna ding-dong ditch them!

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: downtime, upgrade, maintenance, progress

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please consider donating to GuitarZone.com.
With more and more people using ad blocking add-ons for browsers, ad revenue has plummeted.
If you can spare even US$5 it would mean a lot to help pay for GZ's monthly server bill.
Thank you to all. Cheers! --Rob

Method #1: PayPal

Click 'Donate' above
to donate with any
major credit card or
existing PayPal funds.

E-mail on record with PayPal
[ ]

Method #2: Bitcoin

Option A )  Scan Bitcoin QR Code

Scan above box with mobile phone, or click...

Option B )  Copy and Paste Bitcoin Address

13NA7exoZVPGBAxnKXcQAz35JQ5PvnhYDE  

Copy above address and paste into Bitcoin app...

Learn more about Bitcoin...