Need Some Advices as I am New in Playing Guitar

Guitar Guitar Playing Learn Guitar Fretlight guitar Rocksmith method

2 replies to this topic

#1 Kemberly Gurley

Kemberly Gurley
  • 4 posts
  • Original Name: Kemberly Gurley

Posted 15 November 2014 - 03:48 AM

My teenage cousin is planning to learn guitar, and I am still thinking to buy her a Fretlight guitar (http://tinyurl.com/o5lfhcs) but I've heard that Rocksmith method (http://tinyurl.com/ntbln4b) is better than the former. Has anybody some experiences with any of them?

#2 dadfad

dadfad

dadfad

• Ombudsman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,058 posts
  • Donator:Yes, Once
  • Original Name: dadfad

Posted 17 November 2014 - 09:28 AM

I don't know what Rocksmith is, but Fretlight probably would help her. (I used to be an investor stockholder in Fretlight when it was a new start-up company years ago. I thought it was a great idea. (I made a few bucks on it but not a fortune!) At that time everything was self-contained in the guitar itself and didn't have to used with a computer. I'm not familiar with the newer generation set-up, but I'd think it would probably help.

Un-plugged is not the same as never-was-plugged-in-to-begin-with.

jacksontz.jpg

John Jackson -My Teacher and My Old Friend

When the roll is called up yonder he'll be there...

#3 Hellhammer

Hellhammer
  • New
  • 1 posts
  • Original Name: Hellhammer

Posted 03 April 2015 - 12:03 AM

I realize this is an old thread, but since I have experience with Rocksmith 2014 I thought I'd chip in my two cents. 

You can get the program for PS3,PS4, XBone, and XB360. The program may (or may not) include the cable necessary to plug your guitar into your console. Be sure to get the version with the cable.

The first time you run the program it will ask you which path you choose....Lead guitar, rhythm guitar, or bass guitar. It'll also ask you what your skill level is. The program has a large selection of music included, and also has a lot of downloadable content from the online store. I have downloaded Green Day, Jimi Hendrix, and many others.  The program has many features....including Guitarcade, which is a collection of games where you hone your skills on scales, chords, etc. My fave so far being a game called "Scale Warriors".

You can choose any song in your content to learn. I won't go into much detail on that except to say that the program uses a TAB type system to show which notes/chords to play, and when, as you play along with songs. The RIFF REPEATER option allows you to slow down tricky passages and practice them at a slower speed. The program adjusts what it asks from your playing based on how well you are doing.

I feel that the program has greatly improved my playing. Since I'm having fun I find myself practicing more frequently, which just makes me improve a little more.

Oh and last thing...a huge perk of Rocksmith 2014 is I don't have to use the little amp that came with the guitar, I can use my 700 watt home theater system. AWESOME!

Edited by Hellhammer, 03 April 2015 - 12:04 AM.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Guitar, Guitar Playing, Learn Guitar, Fretlight guitar, Rocksmith method

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please consider donating to GuitarZone.com.
With more and more people using ad blocking add-ons for browsers, ad revenue has plummeted.
If you can spare even US$5 it would mean a lot to help pay for GZ's monthly server bill.
Thank you to all. Cheers! --Rob

Method #1: PayPal

Click 'Donate' above
to donate with any
major credit card or
existing PayPal funds.

E-mail on record with PayPal
[ ]

Method #2: Bitcoin

Option A )  Scan Bitcoin QR Code

Scan above box with mobile phone, or click...

Option B )  Copy and Paste Bitcoin Address

13NA7exoZVPGBAxnKXcQAz35JQ5PvnhYDE  

Copy above address and paste into Bitcoin app...

Learn more about Bitcoin...