123 replies to this topic

#21 crab man

crab man

no entiendo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64,701 posts
  • Original Name: GilmourIsGod

Posted 16 April 2015 - 03:30 PM

I'm eating slices of tomato. with sea salt.

i plan to have 3 raspberries later

#22 Derf!

Derf!
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,051 posts
  • Original Name: TheDerf

Posted 16 April 2015 - 06:05 PM

What are ya, some kinda fruitarian now?

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

#23 maungabluesy

maungabluesy

Looking out a window that isn't there

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,046 posts
  • Donator:No
  • Original Name: exbluesyousonofabitchmajor

Posted 17 April 2015 - 01:18 AM

There's everything wrong with that.
c0dbbba7-6a32-4bda-887e-db2eac32d0af.jpg

#24 sixgunsound

sixgunsound
  • Ombudsman
  • 38,770 posts
  • Original Name: sixgunsound

Posted 18 April 2015 - 03:13 AM

i ate out last night. i had piles and piles of sashimi. salmon, tuna, surf clam. 

funny-pilots-blooper-airplane-comedy-pic

#25 sixgunsound

sixgunsound
  • Ombudsman
  • 38,770 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 04:49 AM

i made goat curry and tikka masala last night

#26 dualplatform

dualplatform

superwinkie the tyrant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,098 posts
  • Original Name: superwinkie

Posted 06 May 2015 - 11:40 AM

i do it for a living.  i like cooking at home, i hate restaurant cooking. for mothers day, I'm planning duck fat and rosemary roasted veal loin, green lentil ragout, swiss chard, peanut and bacon demi with peanut praline bacon followed by a peanut butter semi-freddo, red wine cherries, dark chocolate espresso sauce, peanut brittle and basil sugar.  

wife loves peanuts. if you cant tell.

"Sammy is not cute, he's sextastic." - soulcracker

Superwinkie Theme Song -- a la brokenmirror

We have no great war, no great depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives.

Very proud holder of 1 Major-Point

#27 gusdotcom

gusdotcom

I'm a pyrotechnician, if you see me running, try to keep up

• GZ Regular
  • 39,801 posts
  • Original Name: gusdotcom

Posted 06 May 2015 - 11:43 AM

2015-05-06%2019.37.24.jpg

2015-05-06%2019.49.58.jpg

:blink:

GTUer of the week 7th-13th of February 2005
Owner of 227.5 Major-Points and 45 Igorski Points

#28 dualplatform

dualplatform

superwinkie the tyrant

• 23,098 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 12:42 PM

I love falafel. Love.
I make them in the oven at home, works out well.

We have no great war, no great depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives.

#29 sixgunsound

sixgunsound
  • Ombudsman
  • 38,770 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 01:11 PM

made a smoked ham split pea soup and i can't stop farting. 

#30 gusdotcom

gusdotcom

• GZ Regular
  • 39,801 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 02:17 PM

I love falafel. Love.

I might try that. Deep frying makes things very tasty but also rather unhealthy. This is the second time I try making falafel. I got a rubbish recipe the first time and the falafel balls just eroded away in the pan until there was nothing left. So I ended up adding an egg to the mix and then fried them in a frying pan instead. Found a better recipe this time around and I wanted to try to successfully deep fry something. At least you can pretend that falafel are healthy because they are made out of chickpeas and there's lots of vegetables in the roll. You just need to ignore the oil they soak up and the fact that the tahini sauce contains loads of fat.

#31 dualplatform

dualplatform

superwinkie the tyrant

• 23,098 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 02:53 PM

I love falafel. Love.

I might try that. Deep frying makes things very tasty but also rather unhealthy. This is the second time I try making falafel. I got a rubbish recipe the first time and the falafel balls just eroded away in the pan until there was nothing left. So I ended up adding an egg to the mix and then fried them in a frying pan instead. Found a better recipe this time around and I wanted to try to successfully deep fry something. At least you can pretend that falafel are healthy because they are made out of chickpeas and there's lots of vegetables in the roll. You just need to ignore the oil they soak up and the fact that the tahini sauce contains loads of fat.

That is exactly why do them in the oven, and you will not need any extra binding, just carefully rotate them halfway through. I usually don't put them in a sandwich with tahini, I will make a simple Greek style dip with fat-free Greek yogurt (I like FAGE), fine chopped cucumber (seed it first) and dill. Simple and yummy

#32 gusdotcom

gusdotcom

• GZ Regular
  • 39,801 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 03:00 PM

I love falafel. Love.

That is exactly why do them in the oven, and you will not need any extra binding, just carefully rotate them halfway through. I usually don't put them in a sandwich with tahini, I will make a simple Greek style dip with fat-free Greek yogurt (I like FAGE), fine chopped cucumber (seed it first) and dill. Simple and yummy

I didn't really use much of extra binding. I added a bit of potato starch because I was too lazy to drain the chickpeas properly so the mix was a bit too wet. I think it would have worked fine without the extra starch but they got a bit easier to roll into balls when the mix wasn't as sticky.

I need to try out that dip but I do not believe in fat free yogurt. Fat free dairy products tends to taste horrible.

#33 sixgunsound

sixgunsound
  • Ombudsman
  • 38,770 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 04:33 PM

i made my own tahini once. it was bothersome. but good. 

#34 dualplatform

dualplatform

superwinkie the tyrant

• 23,098 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 05:27 PM

I love falafel. Love.

I didn't really use much of extra binding. I added a bit of potato starch because I was too lazy to drain the chickpeas properly so the mix was a bit too wet. I think it would have worked fine without the extra starch but they got a bit easier to roll into balls when the mix wasn't as sticky.

I need to try out that dip but I do not believe in fat free yogurt. Fat free dairy products tends to taste horrible.

I generally agree, I like my ice cream whole fat and my milk whole fat, but I'm telling Ya, if your grocery store sells FAGE give it a shot. I'll often sit down to a bowl of it with honey or granola.

#35 dualplatform

dualplatform

superwinkie the tyrant

• 23,098 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 05:31 PM

It doesn't have to be bothersome, most recipes out there suck. Just grab like a cup of sesame seeds and a rather large frying pan. Pour, I dunno, like 3 tablespoons of oil (I use 75% canola 25% extra virgin olive), throw the sesame seeds in and let the fuckers toast. Then put all that shit in a food processor and BAM, tahini sauce.

#36 gusdotcom

gusdotcom

• GZ Regular
  • 39,801 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 01:09 AM

I love falafel. Love.

I generally agree, I like my ice cream whole fat and my milk whole fat, but I'm telling Ya, if your grocery store sells FAGE give it a shot. I'll often sit down to a bowl of it with honey or granola.

Don't recognise the brand but will try if I ever see it.

#37 sixgunsound

sixgunsound
  • Ombudsman
  • 38,770 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:14 AM

It doesn't have to be bothersome, most recipes out there suck. Just grab like a cup of sesame seeds and a rather large frying pan. Pour, I dunno, like 3 tablespoons of oil (I use 75% canola 25% extra virgin olive), throw the sesame seeds in and let the fuckers toast. Then put all that shit in a food processor and BAM, tahini sauce.

oh yeah, not hard but still a bother lol. i cook everything from scratch so whenever things start getting complicated it extends my cooking by hours and hours lol. 

#38 spacecrumbs

spacecrumbs
  • GZ Regular
  • 28,367 posts
  • Original Name: spacecrumbs

Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:59 AM

I think I forgot how to cook. Like I can't think of anything to make because I've gotten so used to not cooking.

#39 gusdotcom

gusdotcom

• GZ Regular
  • 39,801 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 05:02 AM

I think I forgot how to cook. Like I can't think of anything to make because I've gotten so used to not cooking.

Start watching cooking channels on YouTube. My current favourites are Sorted Food and Food Wishes.

#40 spacecrumbs

spacecrumbs
  • GZ Regular
  • 28,367 posts
  • Original Name: spacecrumbs

Posted 07 May 2015 - 05:10 AM

Unfortunately, right now I'm at a stare into space mood most of the time. When I'm not I'm attempting to do things I should have done when I was staring into space.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please consider donating to GuitarZone.com.
With more and more people using ad blocking add-ons for browsers, ad revenue has plummeted.
If you can spare even US$5 it would mean a lot to help pay for GZ's monthly server bill.
Thank you to all. Cheers! --Rob

Method #1: PayPal

Click 'Donate' above
to donate with any
major credit card or
existing PayPal funds.

E-mail on record with PayPal
[ ]

Method #2: Bitcoin

Option A )  Scan Bitcoin QR Code

Scan above box with mobile phone, or click...

Option B )  Copy and Paste Bitcoin Address

13NA7exoZVPGBAxnKXcQAz35JQ5PvnhYDE  

Copy above address and paste into Bitcoin app...

Learn more about Bitcoin...