4 replies to this topic

#1 kh8

kh8
  • New
  • 1 posts
  • Original Name: kh8

Posted 14 May 2015 - 02:05 PM

Hello All,

my name is Chris and I have played drums for several years now. During this time I have been drumming in my own death metal band Dormant Ordeal https://www.facebook.com/dormant.ordeal At the same time, I am a professional software developer.

I cannot imagine myself playing drums without metronome in my headphones, neither during live performance, nor on regular rehearsal. Because of the density and pace of our music it is extremely difficult to drum without it. I guess many of you are familiar with tempo and metric change issues during playing or changing your metronome settings when practicing. I have been looking for a good, reliable and flexible tool for a long time, without any success. Finally, I decided to develop my own metronome for iPhone.

This metronome differs a bit from metronomes we know. Pattern creation is based on a grid, which offers lots of flexibility. Patterns can be composed into whole sequences. It is possible to create complete songs and exercises easily.

I would like to invite all of you to test this application yourself. As the metronome is free, do not consider this post as an advertisement. Your feedback will be much appreciated, as it will give me ideas for further improvement. If you are an iPhone user, you can simply download this app from AppStore.

https://itunes.apple...d991814814?mt=8.

#2 Nealio

Nealio

Stuff

• Ombudsman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,502 posts
  • Donator:Yes, Once
  • Original Name: nealmac

Posted 18 May 2015 - 02:35 PM

If it's free, I'll let this one slide for now.

However, I have my own metronome that I use on my iPhone, and I'm happy enough with it.

#3 GracehasQuitGoodbye!

GracehasQuitGoodbye!
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Donator:No
  • Original Name: Gone Gone

Posted 26 May 2015 - 12:22 PM

The band looks good I like the name too nice choice!

while I don't know much about drumming as, I am not a drummer.I use to sing and I write lyrics that was how I got into music college at the time anyhow.

I did notice something on tv during the Stevie wonder 2 hour tribute.

One of his drummers was using light up drumsticks and it had lights that  moved up and down the sticks on every beat of the drum. instead of being just a plain glowstick type of drumstick. not sure if it's of any use to yourself or not but, thought it's worth a mention. :yes:

I think they are called Rockstix

#4 Nealio

Nealio

Stuff

• Ombudsman
  • 35,502 posts
  • Donator:Yes, Once
  • Original Name: nealmac

Posted 26 February 2017 - 07:57 AM

So, Im finally going to build my very own computer I dont want to spend a ton, but I want to make a beast of a machine too. What do you guys recommend?

Welcome to GZ :)

Personally I'd recommended starting a new thread.

#5 sixgunsound

sixgunsound
  • Ombudsman
  • 38,770 posts
  • Donator:No
  • Original Name: sixgunsound

Posted 27 February 2017 - 07:16 AM

I'd say change your username, as well; yours is similar to what bots use NameName

funny-pilots-blooper-airplane-comedy-pic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please consider donating to GuitarZone.com.
With more and more people using ad blocking add-ons for browsers, ad revenue has plummeted.
If you can spare even US$5 it would mean a lot to help pay for GZ's monthly server bill.
Thank you to all. Cheers! --Rob

Method #1: PayPal

Click 'Donate' above
to donate with any
major credit card or
existing PayPal funds.

E-mail on record with PayPal
[ ]

Method #2: Bitcoin

Option A )  Scan Bitcoin QR Code

Scan above box with mobile phone, or click...

Option B )  Copy and Paste Bitcoin Address

13NA7exoZVPGBAxnKXcQAz35JQ5PvnhYDE  

Copy above address and paste into Bitcoin app...

Learn more about Bitcoin...