2 replies to this topic

#1 GracehasQuitGoodbye!

GracehasQuitGoodbye!
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Donator:No
  • Original Name: Gone Gone

Posted 21 May 2015 - 09:42 AM

I have a rockwood lx90L sunburst and want to know if flangers/vox mini amps are any good please?

are they worth buying at all I don't want to spend a fortune on an amp as a beginner as, it could be something  I give up and well don't have space for it at all really.

Thank you

#2 Nealio

Nealio

Stuff

• Ombudsman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,502 posts
  • Donator:Yes, Once
  • Original Name: nealmac

Posted 22 May 2015 - 06:01 AM

Basically, any mini/practice amp will get the job done. As a beginner, I don't think you'll go to far wrong with an amp made by Vox, assuming it's within your budget. I think it's wise to try something cheap to see what you think of it.

I'm not familiar with Flanger amps. I think you may be confusing it with an effect.

#3 GracehasQuitGoodbye!

GracehasQuitGoodbye!
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Donator:No
  • Original Name: Gone Gone

Posted 23 May 2015 - 04:42 AM

ah! my local pawn shop has a lot of mini amps for sale many £5.00-£10.00. Vox ok. I became curious about mini amps when I was watching a film tent hings I hate about you and saw her plug the mini amp into her guitar, suddenly I went what is that thing in the guitar. At the time I had no idea what it was called but, I wanted one that and the guitar. white strat fenderwith mop scratch plate ( we can all dream!) it's still my dream to have that guitar. :guitar:

worst thing with my guitars is my cat likes to tell me when to practice, oh yes! she comes in when im in living room and mews at me to take me to the bedroom to play! so, I have no excuse for cutting corners and not practicing because, that cat tells me off! She also likes to sleep next to the guitar! I have to have it in it's caarry bag because..any loose string = cats toy!

I have lost a few plectrums that way, I had a sharkfin one and a hello kitty one! both of which vanished..I bet I have a stock pile under my bed...when I finally paint my bedroom...( planning on purple!) I will find a small mountain of dusty plectrums.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please consider donating to GuitarZone.com.
With more and more people using ad blocking add-ons for browsers, ad revenue has plummeted.
If you can spare even US$5 it would mean a lot to help pay for GZ's monthly server bill.
Thank you to all. Cheers! --Rob

Method #1: PayPal

Click 'Donate' above
to donate with any
major credit card or
existing PayPal funds.

E-mail on record with PayPal
[ ]

Method #2: Bitcoin

Option A )  Scan Bitcoin QR Code

Scan above box with mobile phone, or click...

Option B )  Copy and Paste Bitcoin Address

13NA7exoZVPGBAxnKXcQAz35JQ5PvnhYDE  

Copy above address and paste into Bitcoin app...

Learn more about Bitcoin...