#1 Naan

Naan

"That ear I mean, Jesus"

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,041 posts
  • Original Name: Naan100

Posted 04 September 2015 - 12:48 AM

So it seems that we're all interested in film on here. I've been hearing about the Devil in the White City film that DiCaprio wants to get off the ground, he now has Scorsese on board. 

But hearing the story it doesn't sound like a Scorsese film its sounds something Eli Roth would direct I don't see much scope for character growth for a serial killer that is dexter levels of absurdity and disgust. 

If you don't know anything about this film read this its fucked up!

So knowing we have DiCaprio and Scorsese in charge how would you go about constructing the story for this film? 

#2 maungabluesy

maungabluesy

Looking out a window that isn't there

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,046 posts
  • Donator:No
  • Original Name: exbluesyousonofabitchmajor

Posted 04 September 2015 - 01:02 AM

I dunno, I think the juxtaposition of show-off capitalism and violence sounds like classic Scorsese.
c0dbbba7-6a32-4bda-887e-db2eac32d0af.jpg

#3 Derf!

Derf!
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,051 posts
  • Original Name: TheDerf

Posted 04 September 2015 - 01:32 AM

I'd start with the settings I reckon. It's easier to write the scene when you've established a space in which it can occur. After that, I'd hire real writers to do the real work. 

#4 w00dy

w00dy
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts
  • Original Name: w00dy

Posted 04 September 2015 - 10:03 AM

I've obviously not read that link, nor do i know anything of the story.

opening scene - the 1960's. at a mom and pop petrol station, leo, a southern state police detective, bullys some old black man who needs a stick to walk. 'yesirnosir masserboss' and all that. leo spits, sneers and gets into his car, the one the bloke was pumpinggas with who leo verbally abuses.

as he turns the key, the radio sparks to life, and plays an outrageously catchy yet soulful stax's classic. obviously its the modern remastered version coz the bass is melting our faces

repeat this same scene a few times with slightly differing scenarios whilst each time leo gradually softens as he learns that black people are also people too. he has to spend extended time with these black people coz he's a police detective who's investigating the murder of a famous man's daughter and her body was found in their church yard - because he's a real cop, he doesn't just pin it on the first n-word the local law wants to lynch, and uncovers a real serial killer who's been praying on these god fearing black folk for decades. he stops the killer but dies violently at the end, and goes to heaven because he's now a goody

yknow... shutter island was a bit shit

Edited by w00dy, 04 September 2015 - 10:05 AM.

------->Numbers<-------

^^latest musics^^

go on give it a listen, it's good.

#5 Seán

Seán

the one that slowly burns

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,654 posts
  • Original Name: seanpopowczak

Posted 04 September 2015 - 11:35 AM

First thing I'd do is cast someone who's not Dicaprio. Then I'd decide which way to approach it, either super violent horror stuff, or more about character and keep the real bad stuff off screen (I prefer the latter because horror movies are gross). 

everyone is bitches

#6 TheNewSponge

TheNewSponge
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,015 posts
  • Original Name: TheNewSponge

Posted 05 September 2015 - 09:18 AM

First thing I'd do is read the book, and maybe see what all this fuss is about.

#7 Derf!

Derf!
  • GZ Regular
  • 28,051 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 09:08 PM

Probably the most reasonable action to take there, Archie. Nobody wants another Tim Burton's Batman...except maybe me, but fuck that guy. 

#8 maungabluesy

maungabluesy

Looking out a window that isn't there

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,046 posts
  • Donator:No
  • Original Name: exbluesyousonofabitchmajor

Posted 16 September 2015 - 10:51 PM

What's wrong with Tim Burtons Batman?
c0dbbba7-6a32-4bda-887e-db2eac32d0af.jpg

#9 Derf!

Derf!
  • GZ Regular
  • 28,051 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 11:08 PM

For starters, he admitted to never reading a comic at the time, let alone Batman. Meaning his work did not honour the story. He put guns on the Batwing for fucks sake. Batmans whole thing is he won't use guns, other than grappling to rooftops or ziplining. Non-leathal (with the exception of maybe The Killing Joke, but then he used his bare hands)

I liked it, don't get me wrong. But I can't help but feel he was just a tad bit douchey in not doing his research.Not to mention the stylistic approach he took. Seemed like he was operating under the silver era of comics. That is, bright colours, over the top antics, and an aging Joker. 

But hey, what do I know. Everyone knows I was Marvels bitch befor DC.

#10 doosh baggins

doosh baggins

This is not a paying gig Per Se

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,056 posts
  • Original Name: seanm18

Posted 17 September 2015 - 02:48 AM

If it seemed like we were all interested in film here, I'd like to point out that we're not.

Go easy on the drunken idiot, he's got fluoride in his water. -Blues

#11 TheNewSponge

TheNewSponge
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,015 posts
  • Original Name: TheNewSponge

Posted 17 September 2015 - 11:48 AM

What's wrong with Tim Burtons Batman?

I was kinda wondering this as well. It was kinda the pinnacle of comic book movies before say, Spiderman 2, wasn't it?

For starters, he admitted to never reading a comic at the time, let alone Batman. Meaning his work did not honour the story. He put guns on the Batwing for fucks sake. Batmans whole thing is he won't use guns, other than grappling to rooftops or ziplining. Non-leathal (with the exception of maybe The Killing Joke, but then he used his bare hands)

I liked it, don't get me wrong. But I can't help but feel he was just a tad bit douchey in not doing his research.Not to mention the stylistic approach he took. Seemed like he was operating under the silver era of comics. That is, bright colours, over the top antics, and an aging Joker. 

But hey, what do I know. Everyone knows I was Marvels bitch befor DC.

Yeah, those are legit points.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please consider donating to GuitarZone.com.
With more and more people using ad blocking add-ons for browsers, ad revenue has plummeted.
If you can spare even US$5 it would mean a lot to help pay for GZ's monthly server bill.
Thank you to all. Cheers! --Rob

Method #1: PayPal

Click 'Donate' above
to donate with any
major credit card or
existing PayPal funds.

E-mail on record with PayPal
[ ]

Method #2: Bitcoin

Option A )  Scan Bitcoin QR Code

Scan above box with mobile phone, or click...

Option B )  Copy and Paste Bitcoin Address

13NA7exoZVPGBAxnKXcQAz35JQ5PvnhYDE  

Copy above address and paste into Bitcoin app...

Learn more about Bitcoin...