- - - - -

The Official Football Thread 2016-17(Ibra is shite)

356 replies to this topic

#21 Herr Rararr

Herr Rararr

Herr to the throne...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,957 posts
  • Donator:No
  • Original Name: Herr Rararr

Posted 05 August 2016 - 08:09 AM

I get it - but then this is where the co-efficient thingy comes in.  It's more than simply skill for certain countries having so many guaranteed spots is financial - they have more supporters and thus more money can be generated in advertising.

Good luck, anyway.

Herr Who?

Posted Image

www.soundcloud.com/christobaldo - music

"I used to be a legend but then I slipped into mediocrity..."

#22 Nealio

Nealio

Stuff

• Ombudsman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,502 posts
  • Donator:Yes, Once
  • Original Name: nealmac

Posted 05 August 2016 - 09:40 AM

True. I just think winning your domestic league should be a bit more rewarding than having to win 3 preliminery matches to qualify.

On a happier note, after winning the first 2 games they're guaranteed a place in group stage of the Europa League.

#23 Herr Rararr

Herr Rararr

Herr to the throne...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,957 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 10:01 AM

Do you ever go and watch them? You could get a couple of cracking games there at least...
Herr Who?

Posted Image

#24 Nealio

Nealio

Stuff

• Ombudsman
  • 35,502 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 08:13 AM

Yeah I go to a lot of their home games and some away games if it's a big game. I won't be travelling to Poland though.

#25 crab man

crab man

no entiendo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64,704 posts
  • Original Name: GilmourIsGod

Posted 06 August 2016 - 12:51 PM

Not a bad showing against a pretty much full strength Barca.

Maybe some of the doubts about Mane have been a little off base.

#26 richey

richey
  • 34,159 posts
  • Original Name: richey

Posted 07 August 2016 - 02:18 AM

True. I just think winning your domestic league should be a bit more rewarding than having to win 3 preliminery matches to qualify.

On the other hand, what if you go straight into the competition and draw, say, Real Madrid? Personally I think they should do the same pre-qualifying thing for internationals. Teams like San Marino and Andorra should all have to play each other to see who makes the qualifying group. It might seem unfair but when teams like England or France spend a couple of days on an away game beating San Marino 8-0, it's a waste of time for all concerned. I think they've drawn one game in the last 15 years and haven't won at all. 

Anyway, thoughts on Liverpool-Barca. I was impressed by Mane and I also really like the look of Kevin Stewart. Proper sitting midfielder, combative, intercepts well and has a good vision for a forward pass. I hope to see more of Markovic this season too. I liked him in his first season at Liverpool. 

My anger is a form of madness
And so I'd rather have hope than sadness

#27 Nealio

Nealio

Stuff

• Ombudsman
  • 35,502 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 05:22 AM

On the other hand, what if you go straight into the competition and draw, say, Real Madrid? Personally I think they should do the same pre-qualifying thing for internationals. Teams like San Marino and Andorra should all have to play each other to see who makes the qualifying group. It might seem unfair but when teams like England or France spend a couple of days on an away game beating San Marino 8-0, it's a waste of time for all concerned. I think they've drawn one game in the last 15 years and haven't won at all.

Anyway, thoughts on Liverpool-Barca. I was impressed by Mane and I also really like the look of Kevin Stewart. Proper sitting midfielder, combative, intercepts well and has a good vision for a forward pass. I hope to see more of Markovic this season too. I liked him in his first season at Liverpool.
I thought we played really well. It was very backs to the wall in the first half but after riding the storm we came out the 2nd half with a fine performance. i don't give a fuck about people saying its only pre-season either. Beating Barca 4-0 is not to be sneezed at. I agree about Mane and Stewart. I wasn't impressed when we signed Mane as I thought he was just another overrated Southampton player but he's really shone in pre-season. I also think Origi is turning a corner and hopefully he'll develop into "goal per game" striker.

#28 waz416

waz416
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,369 posts
  • Original Name: waz416

Posted 07 August 2016 - 03:16 PM

Good result. Don't know our XI yet, but hope Rooney is used sparingly he's just not the same Rooney anymore.
My Itunes Album : BUY IT <a href="http://www.apple.com...e.com/wasim</a>

#29 Herr Rararr

Herr Rararr

Herr to the throne...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,957 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 04:29 AM

That's Ibrahimovic for you - unlikeable at times, but a winner.  Basically, Mourinho in player form.

Arsenal now have no experienced/first team centerbacks for the start of the season.  Fun times. Pffff. 

Herr Who?

Posted Image

#30 richey

richey
  • 34,159 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 09:56 AM

I thought we played really well. It was very backs to the wall in the first half but after riding the storm we came out the 2nd half with a fine performance. i don't give a fuck about people saying its only pre-season either. Beating Barca 4-0 is not to be sneezed at. I agree about Mane and Stewart. I wasn't impressed when we signed Mane as I thought he was just another overrated Southampton player but he's really shone in pre-season. I also think Origi is turning a corner and hopefully he'll develop into "goal per game" striker.

I agree. I'm happy with our strikers - Studge is class if he can stay fit, Origi looks very promising and has improved a lot in the last year, Ings I'd like to see more of, and personally I hope we don't sell Benteke. He's been disappointing but has his uses, and let's be honest, if we sell him we'll just have to get into the market for a similar type of player (big target man, good in the air etc). We made the same mistake with Andy Carroll - got rid of him and then bought an immediate replacement - what's the point? People say "you can't have a £32m striker on the bench" but why not? It's already spent. You're not getting the money back regardless. You need strikers with different qualities to give you options. 

The main thing we needed is an inside forward with goals in him and we've got that now with Mane. Firmino has got goals in him but Coutinho sometimes looks anonymous and Lallana never scores. 

#31 Dave C

Dave C
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,516 posts
  • Original Name: Dave C

Posted 10 August 2016 - 08:05 AM

I'm looking forward to it now.

#32 Graeme! Yes, Graeme!

Graeme! Yes, Graeme!

Vulpes lagopus

• 36,581 posts
  • Original Name: Graeme! Yes, Graeme!

Posted 13 August 2016 - 11:57 AM

Hart on the bench for City? Interesting.

#33 crab man

crab man

no entiendo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64,704 posts
  • Original Name: GilmourIsGod

Posted 13 August 2016 - 12:25 PM

I had heard Pep was trying to bring in Ter Stegen as a new number 1. I didn't realize he disliked Hart quite that much though. Nor do I really understand it, I have to say.

#34 Herr Rararr

Herr Rararr

Herr to the throne...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,957 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 01:00 PM

I agree but another club will benefit with him. He had a shocking Euro's, not e ought to lose his club place though.
Herr Who?

Posted Image

#35 Graeme! Yes, Graeme!

Graeme! Yes, Graeme!

Vulpes lagopus

• 36,581 posts
  • Original Name: Graeme! Yes, Graeme!

Posted 13 August 2016 - 07:40 PM

Hart is a very good keeper. Experienced, trophy winner, well respected. You'd need to go fully word class if you wanted to replace him.

Maybe this is a psychological ploy by Guardiola, he wants Hart to earn his place and realise it isn't an automatic choice. That he has the power and money to bring in a big name, so Hart has to show he's worth it

#36 Herr Rararr

Herr Rararr

Herr to the throne...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,957 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 07:12 AM

Alright...come on Arsenal...!

Anyone doing Fantasy Football this year? I'm doing the Telegraph's free one of anyone fancies it.
Herr Who?

Posted Image

#37 richey

richey
  • 34,159 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 10:08 AM

What a game. Madness. 

#38 Nealio

Nealio

Stuff

• Ombudsman
  • 35,502 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 06:10 AM

Alright...come on Arsenal...!

Anyone doing Fantasy Football this year? I'm doing the Telegraph's free one of anyone fancies it.

I'd say Coutinho was worth a few points yesterday. Especially as a captain.

I stopped doing FF a few years back, as I used to start out with great intentions, and as soon as it goes pear shaped, I forget about setting tactics and making signings.

#39 Herr Rararr

Herr Rararr

Herr to the throne...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,957 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 06:24 AM

It was a fucking catastrophe.  I mean, yes, there's always positives, but honestly, it was just so bloody predictable.

Well-played Liverpool, you do need to do something about Moreno though.

Herr Who?

Posted Image

#40 Nealio

Nealio

Stuff

• Ombudsman
  • 35,502 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 08:47 AM

Well-played Liverpool, you do need to do something about Moreno though.

Like put a bullet in his skull?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please consider donating to GuitarZone.com.
With more and more people using ad blocking add-ons for browsers, ad revenue has plummeted.
If you can spare even US$5 it would mean a lot to help pay for GZ's monthly server bill.
Thank you to all. Cheers! --Rob

Method #1: PayPal

Click 'Donate' above
to donate with any
major credit card or
existing PayPal funds.

E-mail on record with PayPal
[ ]

Method #2: Bitcoin

Option A )  Scan Bitcoin QR Code

Scan above box with mobile phone, or click...

Option B )  Copy and Paste Bitcoin Address

13NA7exoZVPGBAxnKXcQAz35JQ5PvnhYDE  

Copy above address and paste into Bitcoin app...

Learn more about Bitcoin...