11 replies to this topic

#1 Babak_deghat

Babak_deghat
  • New
  • 6 posts
  • Original Name: Babak_deghat

Posted 27 September 2016 - 08:29 AM

HI

after updating the device firmware it can only be turned on while connecting to PC via USB and not by adapter or batteries .

i would really appreciate any help.

#2 sixgunsound

sixgunsound
  • Ombudsman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,771 posts
  • Donator:No
  • Original Name: sixgunsound

Posted 27 September 2016 - 08:59 AM

I'm not familiar with the model. But if you're getting power from the USB it isn't broken completely. Is there a manufacturer's warranty on it still? Something could be loose inside. 

funny-pilots-blooper-airplane-comedy-pic

#3 Babak_deghat

Babak_deghat
  • New
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 09:24 AM

I'm not familiar with the model. But if you're getting power from the USB it isn't broken completely. Is there a manufacturer's warranty on it still? Something could be loose inside. 

The warranty is outdated and when i shake it in the air i can't hear anything moving in there.

As i said when it's connected to my laptop by USB , it turns on and works fine with all its functions.

p.s. the surprising fact is even the windows doesn't have to boot or have the device's driver for it to work with USB!

p.s.s the other surprising fact is the on/off switch must be set to "OFF" in order for it to stark working with USB!

#4 sixgunsound

sixgunsound
  • Ombudsman
  • 38,771 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 10:18 AM

Yeah, it sounds to me like something feeding power on the battery/adapter end is shot. There are a few guys here that know a lot more about circuitry than me, but I think your best bet is an actual tech. If it's just one small piece the repair should cost you a lot less than replacing the unit. 

#5 Babak_deghat

Babak_deghat
  • New
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 10:24 AM

Yeah, it sounds to me like something feeding power on the battery/adapter end is shot. There are a few guys here that know a lot more about circuitry than me, but I think your best bet is an actual tech. If it's just one small piece the repair should cost you a lot less than replacing the unit. 

actually i live in a very remote area and i was kinda hoping i could do it myself

#6 sixgunsound

sixgunsound
  • Ombudsman
  • 38,771 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 10:52 AM

https://www.guitarzo...lemi-need-help/

Here's an old thread. It seems to suggest that the company will send you transistors at no cost. If you're handy with circuitry you might be able to figure out which piece is busted by opening it up. 

Be forewarned, though, that like the previous thread mentions, if you tinker with something you don't know anything about, you might destroy it. 

PS where are you? 

#7 Babak_deghat

Babak_deghat
  • New
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 10:59 AM

PS where are you? 

I'd rather not say . it's infamous and i'm not particulary proud of it.

#8 sixgunsound

sixgunsound
  • Ombudsman
  • 38,771 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 11:38 AM

PS where are you? 

I'd rather not say . it's infamous and i'm not particulary proud of it.

San Quentin? LOL

You can't spook me, I've spent plenty of time in infamous dictatorships (I mean democracies *wink wink*)

#9 sixgunsound

sixgunsound
  • Ombudsman
  • 38,771 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 11:48 AM

Okay, you're a bit spooky. I'll drop the inquiry as I recognize electronic communication can be problematic. Cheers!

#10 Babak_deghat

Babak_deghat
  • New
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 12:27 PM

Okay, you're a bit spooky. I'll drop the inquiry as I recognize electronic communication can be problematic. Cheers!

Thanks anyway! :guitar:

#11 Nealio

Nealio

Stuff

• Ombudsman
  • 35,502 posts
  • Donator:Yes, Once
  • Original Name: nealmac

Posted 28 September 2016 - 04:12 AM

While at first glance it sounds like a problem with the power supply this might not be the case. When you plug it in to your PC is it working normally? I mean do the effects work properly when you play? Most devices like these have a main power supply (for normal use) and a smaller but limited USB power supply that only loads the essentials so you can transfer data.

What sort of connection does the mains supply use? If it's just a standard connection, I'd try a spurious power supply and see will it work. If it does, well and good. If not, then something in the unit (most likely related to the power supply) is probably fried, in which case it's impossible for us to help without knowing what is fried.

Welcome to GZ too. And don't be ashamed of where you live.

#12 Babak_deghat

Babak_deghat
  • New
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 12:30 PM

While at first glance it sounds like a problem with the power supply this might not be the case. When you plug it in to your PC is it working normally? I mean do the effects work properly when you play? Most devices like these have a main power supply (for normal use) and a smaller but limited USB power supply that only loads the essentials so you can transfer data.

What sort of connection does the mains supply use? If it's just a standard connection, I'd try a spurious power supply and see will it work. If it does, well and good. If not, then something in the unit (most likely related to the power supply) is probably fried, in which case it's impossible for us to help without knowing what is fried.

Welcome to GZ too. And don't be ashamed of where you live.

-Yes it work smoothly when connected to USB . All the effects , the pedal , the tuner even the drum machine they all work fine . I can use it well but it definitely has to be connected  to my laptop . The main power supply is a 9Volt adapter which i also replaced but didn't help. It got more confusing when I wanted to to trick the device into thinking it is being powered by my laptop and instead plug it where ever i want by one of these adapters but again i got no result:

Apple-USB-Power-Adapter-gets-Slimmer-in-

Edited by Babak_deghat, 28 September 2016 - 12:33 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please consider donating to GuitarZone.com.
With more and more people using ad blocking add-ons for browsers, ad revenue has plummeted.
If you can spare even US$5 it would mean a lot to help pay for GZ's monthly server bill.
Thank you to all. Cheers! --Rob

Method #1: PayPal

Click 'Donate' above
to donate with any
major credit card or
existing PayPal funds.

E-mail on record with PayPal
[ ]

Method #2: Bitcoin

Option A )  Scan Bitcoin QR Code

Scan above box with mobile phone, or click...

Option B )  Copy and Paste Bitcoin Address

13NA7exoZVPGBAxnKXcQAz35JQ5PvnhYDE  

Copy above address and paste into Bitcoin app...

Learn more about Bitcoin...