#41 BrokenMirror

BrokenMirror

The Monsteriest

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,327 posts
  • Original Name: BrokenMirror

Posted 18 December 2016 - 09:15 PM

I lost my best friend a month ago. I was pretty inconsolable for a while. Got so drunk I threw up. However she'd been sick for about half a year so I had time to prepare for that day.

When I feel sad and lonely, I watch videos I took of her and look at pictures.It helps a little.

I won't lie though, it feels like I've lost my anchor and I'm not sure how it will go if life knocks me down. She was always there for me, and after almost sixteen years, now I am alone.

"Nothing says romance like a gift of a kidnapped injured woman."

Proud holder of 206 Major-Points

#42 Grandpa FrankyZ

Grandpa FrankyZ

What is your conceptual continuity?

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,995 posts
  • Original Name: frankyz84

Posted 18 December 2016 - 10:16 PM

I lost my best friend a month ago. I was pretty inconsolable for a while. Got so drunk I threw up. However she'd been sick for about half a year so I had time to prepare for that day.

When I feel sad and lonely, I watch videos I took of her and look at pictures.It helps a little.

I won't lie though, it feels like I've lost my anchor and I'm not sure how it will go if life knocks me down. She was always there for me, and after almost sixteen years, now I am alone.

I am so sorry for your loss, it is so difficult to loose someone you love. Always carry them with you in your heart and in your memories. 

#43 Grandpa FrankyZ

Grandpa FrankyZ

What is your conceptual continuity?

• GZ Regular
  • 29,995 posts
  • Original Name: frankyz84

Posted 18 December 2016 - 10:20 PM

Thank you Rick, I totally agree with all that. I'm not going to rush out and get a new cat - I've still got one (I had two) and I'm showering her with love now. It made me feel guilty of the times I didn't treat them so well - like when I stopped them from going in my bedroom when they had fleas. It's not their fault, they don't understand, so she's allowed back on my bed again now. Stuff like that. 

Thoughts are with you of course Rick - a much bigger loss obviously. Hope you're holding up OK. You're right about time. It never goes away but I guess just becomes a little easier to deal with. 

Thank you Em. Don't know what I'd do without you being so understanding. :)

Thanks Ian, It is still early days yet, and i still greatly feel the loss of Sharon, but i am learning to move on. Work and band help greatly, and i enjoy gigging and throw myself into it. The loss of a pet cannot be underestimated, and grief surely follows as much as losing a friend, or family member. So glad you let you other cat back on the bed. Since Sharon has been gone, both my dogs sleep on the bed, and i find great comfort in that.

That's good Rick. Weirdly, I decided to start playing guitar again - it's not going well! (Tried to restring it and keep snapping the high E string. I think i'm tuning it too high but my tuner is knackered.) Throwing yourself into work can be therapeutic. 

Yeah, I think cats and dogs have personalities and they are affected by the loss of loved ones too. My remaining cat used to be quiet and aloof but she's been wandering around crying, and comes for cuddles a lot more. I think she misses the other one (who was her son). You just kinda cope together. They are family members really. Thoughts are with you Rick. Your GTU family are always here of course :)

Exactley, they are family members, all my pets are family, and are treated as family. Animals deserve as much love and respect as your own brother/sister/parent.

#44 BrokenMirror

BrokenMirror

The Monsteriest

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,327 posts
  • Original Name: BrokenMirror

Posted 19 December 2016 - 01:27 AM

I am so sorry for your loss, it is so difficult to loose someone you love. Always carry them with you in your heart and in your memories.

Thanks. I know she was "just a cat" and it doesn't truly compare to losing a person, but I loved her more than most humans.

I'm glad to hear you're hanging in there after your sad loss.

"Nothing says romance like a gift of a kidnapped injured woman."

Proud holder of 206 Major-Points

#45 richey

richey
  • 34,159 posts
  • Original Name: richey

Posted 20 December 2016 - 12:20 PM

You're right Rick.

BrokenMirror - I'm so sorry for your loss too. As Rick says, your best friend, isn't really gone, she will always be close by in your heart. They never really leave you. And one thing I have realised recently after losing Mowgli is that it makes you appreciate the moments you have more, makes you remember the good times with your friend instead of taking them for granted. If we didn't have darkness we wouldn't know what light was. 

My anger is a form of madness
And so I'd rather have hope than sadness

#46 Ayaura

Ayaura
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,666 posts
  • Original Name: Ayaura

Posted 16 February 2017 - 04:33 PM

My 16 year old cat was just terminally diagnosed today. The vet gave her three months. My heart is broken.

JupiterPillow.png

"Taken out of context, I must seem so strange" Music Share

#47 Jay Kay

Jay Kay
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Original Name: ReditusMusic

Posted 16 February 2017 - 04:41 PM

That's really sad :/ sorry to hear that. Best to make her as comfortable as possible and spoil the hell out of her. 16 is a long happy life and you should feel great that you were able to provide that for her.

#48 Ayaura

Ayaura
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 10:46 PM

That's really sad :/ sorry to hear that. Best to make her as comfortable as possible and spoil the hell out of her. 16 is a long happy life and you should feel great that you were able to provide that for her.

Thank you, I know we are so lucky for that many years with her, and lucky we get to day our goodbyes, but man, it aches the chest.

JupiterPillow.png

#49 Ayaura

Ayaura
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 10:46 PM

Thank you, I know we are so lucky for that many years with her, and lucky we get to say our goodbyes, but man, it aches the chest.

Thank you, I know we are so lucky for that many years with her, and lucky we get to say our goodbyes, but man, it aches the chest.

JupiterPillow.png

#50 richey

richey
  • 34,159 posts
  • Original Name: richey

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:35 AM

My 16 year old cat was just terminally diagnosed today. The vet gave her three months. My heart is broken.

So sorry to hear that. Thoughts are with you. I know right now it doesn't seem like there are any positives, but be thankful you got that diagnosis and know you have some time left with her, to spoil her and spend time with her. 

My anger is a form of madness
And so I'd rather have hope than sadness

#51 Derf!

Derf!
  • GZ Regular
  • 28,051 posts
  • Original Name: TheDerf

Posted 18 February 2017 - 07:39 AM

My sympathies, Ayaura. Richeys got the right of it I think. Old time is still a-flying, and like this scene in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind illustrates, best to enjoy it:

#52 Nealio

Nealio

Stuff

• Ombudsman
  • 35,502 posts
  • Donator:Yes, Once
  • Original Name: nealmac

Posted 19 February 2017 - 02:34 AM

Sorry to hear that, Nicole. I'm not a "pet" person myself (I've never actually had one, other than some cats that decided to take refuge at my mum and dads when I was growing up), but I can only imagine it must be very traumatic.

#53 sixgunsound

sixgunsound
  • Ombudsman
  • 38,770 posts
  • Donator:No
  • Original Name: sixgunsound

Posted 21 February 2017 - 07:24 AM

I had no idea what you people were talking about so i bought a pet so i can experience your pain. in 30 years. 

funny-pilots-blooper-airplane-comedy-pic

#54 crab man

crab man

no entiendo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64,701 posts
  • Original Name: GilmourIsGod

Posted 21 February 2017 - 07:47 AM

30 years is optimistic

#55 sixgunsound

sixgunsound
  • Ombudsman
  • 38,770 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 08:28 AM

30 years is optimistic

Yeah 30 in the wild. One site said that the reduced lifespan in captivity was due to poor diet mostly. So I guess I'll get him some good food today as the store gave me nasty dyed seeds. 

#56 Jay Kay

Jay Kay
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Original Name: ReditusMusic

Posted 21 February 2017 - 08:54 AM

Make sure you tell us how sad you are on here in 30 years.

#57 sixgunsound

sixgunsound
  • Ombudsman
  • 38,770 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 09:30 AM

thats the plan

#58 crab man

crab man

no entiendo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64,701 posts
  • Original Name: GilmourIsGod

Posted 21 February 2017 - 09:37 AM

What kind of pet?

#59 sixgunsound

sixgunsound
  • Ombudsman
  • 38,770 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 10:06 AM

Yellow sided green cheeked conure. Let's see if I can get this right: all conures are parakeets, all parakeets are parrots. Not all parakeets are conures and not all parrots are parakeets. I think that's it. 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please consider donating to GuitarZone.com.
With more and more people using ad blocking add-ons for browsers, ad revenue has plummeted.
If you can spare even US$5 it would mean a lot to help pay for GZ's monthly server bill.
Thank you to all. Cheers! --Rob

Method #1: PayPal

Click 'Donate' above
to donate with any
major credit card or
existing PayPal funds.

E-mail on record with PayPal
[ ]

Method #2: Bitcoin

Option A )  Scan Bitcoin QR Code

Scan above box with mobile phone, or click...

Option B )  Copy and Paste Bitcoin Address

13NA7exoZVPGBAxnKXcQAz35JQ5PvnhYDE  

Copy above address and paste into Bitcoin app...

Learn more about Bitcoin...