sixgunsound
  • Ombudsman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,771 posts
  • Donator:No
  • Original Name: sixgunsound

Posted 17 November 2016 - 09:42 AM

Let's bitch more. 

I hear the company behind the DAPL has already lost $100 million because of the protests. I was super inspired by Amy Goodman's reporting too. I wish Juan Gonzales would do field work. 

Thoughts?

funny-pilots-blooper-airplane-comedy-pic

#2 Derf!

Derf!
  • GZ Regular
  • 28,052 posts
  • Original Name: TheDerf

Posted 17 November 2016 - 12:04 PM

Mostly, I just get annoyed at my thinks-he's-super-native-but-isn't-really brother in law. He likes to shout "I stand with Standing Rock!" from time to time...from the comfort of the couch. That right there is what we call a whole lotta feathers and not much chicken. Granted, I haven't contributed shit myself, but at least I'm not putting on airs by shouting shit without backing it up. 

Having said that, though. I am not the least bit informed on what's going on down there. If I had to hazard a guess, something to do with a pipeline running through town? Care to shine some light on this poor boy, sixy?

#3 Herr Rararr

Herr Rararr

Herr to the throne...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,957 posts
  • Original Name: Herr Rararr

Posted 17 November 2016 - 12:12 PM

You were able to 'check in' on FB to protest - it sent me into spasms of irritation, even wrote a song that features it - that's not fucking protesting, that's clicking a fucking button.  Now we have elevated protesting to the lowest effort possible, requiring no need to learn about the issues, simply so you can seem conscientious on fucking facebook.  Rarrr.

Herr Who?

Posted Image

www.soundcloud.com/christobaldo - music

"I used to be a legend but then I slipped into mediocrity..."

#4 sixgunsound

sixgunsound
  • Ombudsman
  • 38,771 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 12:19 PM

Just a cherry on top of the long running sundae of marginalizing native peoples. The reservations have been systematically poached from these peoples over the last 100 years (reservations that were meant to be a forever home after kicking them out of eastern lands). Basically a bunch of treaty breaking and a big ol' pipeline going right through what many consider sacred land (including burial grounds) and crossing the Missouri River. 

So protests, protests, protests. Oh, and private security companies hired by the oil company setting dogs on protesters and spraying them with mace and punching them in the head sort of stuff. 

Solidarity and all that jazz. 

#5 Derf!

Derf!
  • GZ Regular
  • 28,052 posts
  • Original Name: TheDerf

Posted 17 November 2016 - 02:13 PM

Ah. Damn shame, that. And yet, that is the extent of my contribution to that conversation at this juncture. My shit is proper fucked, vis a vis culture and preserving it. My tribe has left me...disillusioned thus far, but in fairness I was too busy being psyched about Nintendo and KFC so we both did our parts to "kill the native, keep the man" as it were. Derf be not proud etc. 

Still, a quiet little voice remains in the back of my head saying "Good luck, guys." when stories like this come up. Never once considering that it is not luck they need, but unity and action. But whatevs. 

#6 sixgunsound

sixgunsound
  • Ombudsman
  • 38,771 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 07:53 AM

Yeah, my grandmother was a member of the Munsee Delaware band and I am eligible for status, but have never sought it. Times like these make me wish I could show the border guard my card and go down there and join in. Unfortunately without that status I'd be pretty much screwed in a yankee jail and blacklisted from re-entry. 

#7 sixgunsound

sixgunsound
  • Ombudsman
  • 38,771 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 11:27 AM

Oh man, one of my friends just posted a pic of her with Amy Goodman at the COP22 Climate Conference in Morocco! So jealous. No Juan Gonzales, though :(

#8 w00dy

w00dy
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts
  • Original Name: w00dy

Posted 22 November 2016 - 03:46 PM

hang on a mo... sixy you could be legally seen as an indian and you have not done this already? yeah i get not going round shouting look at me im a native american when you've grown up as a generic communist maple leaf revolutionary canadian, coz that would be totz asshat, but fuck that shit, legally id have done it the day i found out i could. way back when lou diamond phillips was the only man on earth who was allowed to be a "good" indian. seriously, im legally entitled to say im fucking british, id love a bit of outsider in me.

(ftr im against rich people fucking over poorer people, just so they can become richer no matter who is who)

Edited by w00dy, 22 November 2016 - 03:51 PM.

------->Numbers<-------

^^latest musics^^

go on give it a listen, it's good.

#9 sixgunsound

sixgunsound
  • Ombudsman
  • 38,771 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 07:02 AM

I applied for status when I was kid. It was denied because my grandmother was born off the reservation and, as I remember, there wasn't even a birth certificate to show where she was born even had she been. 

The rules changed a few years ago to allow people in my situation to receive status (I think there's a DNA test now). But again, I'm super lazy and not really that into fishing (the best perk is you can fish and hunt out of season!). 

#10 Ayaura

Ayaura
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,666 posts
  • Original Name: Ayaura

Posted 30 November 2016 - 10:56 PM

Semi-related,but northern gateway has been officially shelved. this makes me very happy. And the moratorium on tanker traffic will stay in place!

JupiterPillow.png

"Taken out of context, I must seem so strange" Music Share

#11 sixgunsound

sixgunsound
  • Ombudsman
  • 38,771 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 06:38 AM

Yeah, super stoked on that. Trans Mountain is still going ahead, but I know a few people who will be chained to equipment and trees in short order. We'll see what happens. 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please consider donating to GuitarZone.com.
With more and more people using ad blocking add-ons for browsers, ad revenue has plummeted.
If you can spare even US$5 it would mean a lot to help pay for GZ's monthly server bill.
Thank you to all. Cheers! --Rob

Method #1: PayPal

Click 'Donate' above
to donate with any
major credit card or
existing PayPal funds.

E-mail on record with PayPal
[ ]

Method #2: Bitcoin

Option A )  Scan Bitcoin QR Code

Scan above box with mobile phone, or click...

Option B )  Copy and Paste Bitcoin Address

13NA7exoZVPGBAxnKXcQAz35JQ5PvnhYDE  

Copy above address and paste into Bitcoin app...

Learn more about Bitcoin...