Pretty cheesy. 

funny-pilots-blooper-airplane-comedy-pic

#43 richey

richey
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,159 posts
  • Original Name: richey

Posted 30 January 2017 - 11:31 AM

I wonder how the holier-than-thou lefty "I just can't vote for Hillary" brigade are feeling right now. They're probably out protesting. 

Yes, probably continuing to fight for their beliefs. I wonder where the "Hillary brigade" is now. They're probably in watching antiques roadshow. 

The point is, if they'd voted for the only candidate capable of beating Trump we wouldn't be in this mess. "They're just as bad as each other" is a load of shit. 

which candidate was capable of beating trump? didn't see a winner in hillary and clearly neither did a lot of working class people. maybe it was russians. i'll have a word with them 

tovaritch! slushitye menya! pachimu ti ne bwil progolosovaviishchet tovaritch hillary clinton? 

shto? ana ljhets? da eta pravda. 

They said no dice. 

Do you not think that's a self-fulfilling prophecy? The fact that many working class people didn't vote for her (if true - it's my understanding that she won overwhelmingly among low-income groups) is why she wasn't a winner. Some might not have been totally convinced by her, but she wasn't as bad as Trump. He's been in office for 9 days and has launched a fascist programme which is sure to provoke, if not a war, then at least the worst social unrest in America since the 1960s. 

My anger is a form of madness
And so I'd rather have hope than sadness

#44 sixgunsound

sixgunsound
  • Ombudsman
  • 38,770 posts
  • Donator:No
  • Original Name: sixgunsound

Posted 30 January 2017 - 12:34 PM

I wonder how the holier-than-thou lefty "I just can't vote for Hillary" brigade are feeling right now. They're probably out protesting. 

Yes, probably continuing to fight for their beliefs. I wonder where the "Hillary brigade" is now. They're probably in watching antiques roadshow. 

The point is, if they'd voted for the only candidate capable of beating Trump we wouldn't be in this mess. "They're just as bad as each other" is a load of shit. 

which candidate was capable of beating trump? didn't see a winner in hillary and clearly neither did a lot of working class people. maybe it was russians. i'll have a word with them 

tovaritch! slushitye menya! pachimu ti ne bwil progolosovaviishchet tovaritch hillary clinton? 

shto? ana ljhets? da eta pravda. 

They said no dice. 

Do you not think that's a self-fulfilling prophecy? The fact that many working class people didn't vote for her (if true - it's my understanding that she won overwhelmingly among low-income groups) is why she wasn't a winner. Some might not have been totally convinced by her, but she wasn't as bad as Trump. He's been in office for 9 days and has launched a fascist programme which is sure to provoke, if not a war, then at least the worst social unrest in America since the 1960s. 

My 30s something white heteronormative cis-male privilege suggests that "forest fires encourage new growth" is an appropriate answer. 

#45 Jay Kay

Jay Kay
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Original Name: ReditusMusic

Posted 30 January 2017 - 06:09 PM

I'm so mentally tired from this that I have no words. Next four years will be interesting.

#46 Jay Kay

Jay Kay
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 06:37 PM

And so long Yates

#47 richey

richey
  • 34,159 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 09:48 AM

My 30s something white heteronormative cis-male privilege suggests that "forest fires encourage new growth" is an appropriate answer. 

I have no idea how to respond to this.

Anyway, in other news - news which those on the other side of the pond might have missed - things are kicking off in the UK too. People are calling the PM "Theresa The Appeaser". She's offered Trump a state visit - red carpet, meeting the Queen, banquets, all that jazz (the UK does pomp like nobody else) and has refused to cancel it since the travel ban. Britons are pretty appalled at the policy, there have been pretty big protests. A sitting MP and even Sir Mo Farah were included in the ban. 1.7 million people have signed the e-petition and counting. Some pretty influential people in parliament are raging. 

Here's a sample, from Yvette Cooper MP's speech: https://www.facebook...94636250591849/   Never been prouder to be Labour. 

#48 Jay Kay

Jay Kay
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 10:05 AM

How are Londoners? from what I understand there is quite a bit of cultural strife

#49 richey

richey
  • 34,159 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 02:27 PM

How are Londoners? from what I understand there is quite a bit of cultural strife

Angry. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38800337  

Also ashamed. The issue in this country is not just expressing opposition to Trump's policy and showing some solidarity with those protesting in the US (although that's part of it), it's also expressing embarrassment and outrage that our government have not done enough to oppose it. Theresa May (our PM) has just said that America's immigration policy is a matter for them, and that Trump's state visit will go ahead as normal, then belatedly saying that they've negotiated with the US that British citizens with dual nationality will not be affected... It's just not good enough.

This is my favourite banner from the protest:

https://twitter.com/...49997842464768

#50 BrokenMirror

BrokenMirror

The Monsteriest

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,327 posts
  • Original Name: BrokenMirror

Posted 01 February 2017 - 02:20 AM

I have no words. I had hoped my next overseas holiday would be the states again, but there's no way in hell.

"Nothing says romance like a gift of a kidnapped injured woman."

Proud holder of 206 Major-Points

#51 sixgunsound

sixgunsound
  • Ombudsman
  • 38,770 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 05:37 AM

Come to Canada! We'll show you poutine and apologize for nothing!

#52 Jay Kay

Jay Kay
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 07:13 AM

Just go to California, it's an alternate reality where Bernie sanders is president and pots legal and everyone loves everyone.

Edited by Jay Kay, 01 February 2017 - 07:14 AM.

#53 richey

richey
  • 34,159 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 07:25 AM

I love poutine 

#54 Jay Kay

Jay Kay
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 07:33 AM

Angry. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38800337

Also ashamed. The issue in this country is not just expressing opposition to Trump's policy and showing some solidarity with those protesting in the US (although that's part of it), it's also expressing embarrassment and outrage that our government have not done enough to oppose it. Theresa May (our PM) has just said that America's immigration policy is a matter for them, and that Trump's state visit will go ahead as normal, then belatedly saying that they've negotiated with the US that British citizens with dual nationality will not be affected... It's just not good enough.

These are great too https://www.google.c...m?client=safari

I guess a more specific question would be is how strong is the nationalist movement in the U.K., specifically London. I recall quite a bit of anti-Muslim sentiment growing in urban areas.

Is the Brexit result a fair indicator that nationalism/ isolationism is an epidemic not confined to only the States?

#55 sixgunsound

sixgunsound
  • Ombudsman
  • 38,770 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 08:32 AM

Just go to California, it's an alternate reality where Bernie sanders is president and pots legal and everyone loves everyone.

LOL but in Canada pot is also legal and our PM goes around photo-bombing weddings shirtless. win win.

what-shirtless-justin-trudeau-says-about

#56 Herr Rararr

Herr Rararr

Herr to the throne...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,957 posts
  • Original Name: Herr Rararr

Posted 01 February 2017 - 08:50 AM

Angry. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38800337

These are great too https://www.google.c...m?client=safari

I guess a more specific question would be is how strong is the nationalist movement in the U.K., specifically London. I recall quite a bit of anti-Muslim sentiment growing in urban areas.

Is the Brexit result a fair indicator that nationalism/ isolationism is an epidemic not confined to only the States?

London is hugely mulicultural and generally in favor of expanding that way - check the results of the EU referendum and recent elections.  London is a great example of how differing cultures and practices can come together and create something greater than the sum of its parts.  It's not perfect, but nothing is.

Herr Who?

Posted Image

www.soundcloud.com/christobaldo - music

"I used to be a legend but then I slipped into mediocrity..."

#57 richey

richey
  • 34,159 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 09:50 AM

I agree. The EU referendum is certainly an indicator that nationalism, xenophobia, protectionism and opposition to globalisation/globalism are not confined to the States - opposition to immigration was a key driver for Brexit. But not in London, which overwhelmingly voted to Remain in the EU and remains pissed off. The same for other big cities - Liverpool, Newcastle, Manchester and Sheffield all voted Remain, as did Scotland and Northern Ireland. It tended to be more provincial areas of England and Wales that are taking the UK out of the EU. 

I also think Brexit is a key driver of the UK government's inability (or unwillingness) to act to oppose Trump's policies adequately, and frankly I'm amazed the media arent' challenging Brexiters over this. Theresa May cannot challenge Trump on this (or anything else) because she is desperate for a trade deal with the US. It's a huge strategic gamble, because it puts relations with the EU at an even more strained state, and it shows Brexit for what it is - something that makes the UK more, not less vulnerable. 

#58 spacecrumbs

spacecrumbs
  • GZ Regular
  • 28,367 posts
  • Original Name: spacecrumbs

Posted 01 February 2017 - 09:52 AM

To be fair I don't think May is exactly opposed to working with Trump though.

#59 sixgunsound

sixgunsound
  • Ombudsman
  • 38,770 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 10:14 AM

they're bosom buddies aren't they?

#60 TheNewSponge

TheNewSponge
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,015 posts
  • Original Name: TheNewSponge

Posted 01 February 2017 - 04:11 PM

Bosom_Buddies_Hanks_Scolari.jpg

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please consider donating to GuitarZone.com.
With more and more people using ad blocking add-ons for browsers, ad revenue has plummeted.
If you can spare even US$5 it would mean a lot to help pay for GZ's monthly server bill.
Thank you to all. Cheers! --Rob

Method #1: PayPal

Click 'Donate' above
to donate with any
major credit card or
existing PayPal funds.

E-mail on record with PayPal
[ ]

Method #2: Bitcoin

Option A )  Scan Bitcoin QR Code

Scan above box with mobile phone, or click...

Option B )  Copy and Paste Bitcoin Address

13NA7exoZVPGBAxnKXcQAz35JQ5PvnhYDE  

Copy above address and paste into Bitcoin app...

Learn more about Bitcoin...