#1 Fender2.0

Fender2.0

Brandon

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,831 posts
  • Original Name: fenderguitarfreak

Posted 22 January 2017 - 09:44 AM

Seriously...Is there a feminist out there that isn't a psychoanalyzing, cunty, misandrist? I have yet to meet a feminist who is enjoyable to be around. 

And no, I'm not a misogynist. 

I apologize in advance if this starts any trouble...I was rubbed the wrong way last night...Every feminist I have met seems to be looking for something to get offended by. Oh, and male feminists are my favorite. Captain save a ho douche bags. Get the fuck outta here.

No, I don't think I'm better than you because I have a dick between my legs. I think I'm better than you because you are fucking moron. 

If this offends you, I truly am sorry, because it is not my intent...but goodness dick, give me some insight if this does strike a nerve.

I was never raised to think that men are better than women or should be treated differently. I was raised to treat people with respect, and I've done a damn good job at doing so. But fuck, I feel like you can't even breathe around a feminist without them getting offended by something and feeling like they have to over analyze the situation. Yeah yeah, I'm misogynistic and I don't even know it. fuck off.

------------------------------------------------

#2 Herr Rararr

Herr Rararr

Herr to the throne...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,957 posts
  • Donator:No
  • Original Name: Herr Rararr

Posted 22 January 2017 - 09:58 AM

Feminism = equality, as simple as that. You may not be acting in a way promoting or condoning that inequality but it's pretty hard to deny that we live in a society and set if systems and constructs that do.

If people are offended ask them why, don't always take it personally and listen to what they say. Sometimes they're right, sometimes they're wrong and often there is no rift or wrong, it's just opinions.

Ask yourself (and if you could explain here it'd be great, for the sake of discussion) why you got so irate, what is that was said that made you mad?
Herr Who?

Posted Image

www.soundcloud.com/christobaldo - music

"I used to be a legend but then I slipped into mediocrity..."

#3 crab man

crab man

no entiendo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64,704 posts
  • Original Name: GilmourIsGod

Posted 22 January 2017 - 10:51 AM

Playing devil's advocate.. does it always mean equality, or do some feminists just want men to be inferior?

#4 Jay Kay

Jay Kay
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Original Name: ReditusMusic

Posted 22 January 2017 - 11:32 AM

Edited by Jay Kay, 22 January 2017 - 11:40 AM.

#5 spacecrumbs

spacecrumbs
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,367 posts
  • Original Name: spacecrumbs

Posted 22 January 2017 - 11:55 AM

Playing devil's advocate.. does it always mean equality, or do some feminists just want men to be inferior?

Well, feminism is about equality. So yes.

I think a better question is. Can you blame an oppressed group for wanting to put their oppressors in the same position they have been?

#6 Jay Kay

Jay Kay
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 12:04 PM

Well, feminism is about equality. So yes.

I think a better question is. Can you blame an oppressed group for wanting to put their oppressors in the same position they have been?

mmm have to disagree... maybe traditional feminism 

Traditional feminism was more about equality (in terms of rights), the "feminism" we see today is based in self-indulgence and asserts that men and women are the same (simply not true). 

#7 crab man

crab man

no entiendo

• 64,704 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 12:05 PM

Two wrongs don't make a right

#8 Jay Kay

Jay Kay
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 12:08 PM

Absolutely, if being vindictive is an acceptable symptom of your movement then your movement has cancer. 

#9 spacecrumbs

spacecrumbs
  • GZ Regular
  • 28,367 posts
  • Original Name: spacecrumbs

Posted 22 January 2017 - 12:15 PM

I'm not saying it does and I don't agree that most feminism is about that.

Just saying could you blame someone for wanting to even the score?

#10 crab man

crab man

no entiendo

• 64,704 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 12:30 PM

Wanting it? No. Acting on it? Yes.

#11 Fender2.0

Fender2.0

Brandon

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,831 posts
  • Original Name: fenderguitarfreak

Posted 22 January 2017 - 05:23 PM

Feminism = equality, as simple as that. You may not be acting in a way promoting or condoning that inequality but it's pretty hard to deny that we live in a society and set if systems and constructs that do.

If people are offended ask them why, don't always take it personally and listen to what they say. Sometimes they're right, sometimes they're wrong and often there is no rift or wrong, it's just opinions.

Ask yourself (and if you could explain here it'd be great, for the sake of discussion) why you got so irate, what is that was said that made you mad?

How do we live in a society that condones inequality? I mean I get that there are sexist ass holes out there, but I don't see how our society and systems condone such. What rights do men have that women don't? Equality = Equality. A lot of feminists today don't stand for equality, I've noticed. 

Last night, my girlfriend and I were at a friend's house drinking and shooting the shit. My buddy and his girlfriend live together. His girlfriend invited her cousin to come over (the feminist). I didn't know she was a feminist before she arrived. I know because not only did she talk about feminism passionately, she also had an enormous chip on her shoulder the moment she walked in the door and started conversing with the group.

My buddy and his girlfriend just recently moved in together, so this was a house warming party. The feminist asked my friend's girlfriend whose name the house was under. It is under my friend's girlfriend's name. They proceed to tell her just that. The feminist then looks at my friend and asks him how that makes him feel. He replied sarcastically (because he's a witty, sarcastic ass hole, much like myself). He said, "I think it's great that the house is under her name. I got the best gig of all time. If we don't work out, there are no strings attached." He says this as he kisses his girlfriend on the cheek.The feminist, then proceeds to ask him if he actually thinks like that. He told her he was joking and that it doesn't bother him that the house is under his girlfriend's name. She proceeds to ask him numerous questions related to the topic. She was psychoanalyzing the shit out of him. He finally got annoyed, removed himself and went outside to smoke a cigarette.

The feminist moves to the next person (me). We introduce ourselves and have small talk. She asks me how I know my friend and his girlfriend, she asks me what I do for a living, blah blah. My girlfriend then becomes the topic of discussion. Once I told her that my girlfriend and I have been together for almost three years, she started picking my brain HARD. It was annoying how obvious she was about psychoanalyzing everyone she spoke with.Question after question after question. I was extremely friendly to her and answered every question she asked and asked some in return just because, but I couldn't help thinking to myself how awkward it was that she was psychoanalyzing me. I felt like I was taking a test, and come the end of the conversation she was going to tell me whether or not I passed or failed. As I'm thinking this, she asks me when my girlfriend's birthday is. I was quite baffled by the irrelevance of the question and how blatant she was being about psychoanalyzing me. I answered quickly, and I realized as soon as I spoke that I told my girlfriend's birthday wrong. Wrong by 2 days. I said the 21st instead of the 23rd. My girlfriend overheard and jokingly gave me hell about it. The feminist couldn't fucking believe it. She said, "Wow...you've been with her for 3 years and don't even know when her birthday is exactly..." At this point I'm annoyed as shit, and decide to defend myself (I'm also a little embarrassed that I got her birthday wrong). I told her how I took her to the beach 2 years in a row for her birthday and celebrated it for a week straight. I then realize it doesn't fucking matter and I remove myself from the conversation. 

The feminist then starts conversing with my girlfriend. She asked my girlfriend if she plans on marrying me. She asked her if we plan on living together any time soon. My girlfriend told her we were looking into either buying or renting a house together. The feminist told my girlfriend, "I would be extremely careful about that." My girlfriend asks her what she means by that, and the feminist responds with, "Just make sure everything is right, and you're not making a mistake." Oh...okay, thanks for the advice, bitch, as if my girlfriend hasn't taken all of the above into consideration. Get the hell out of our business. The feminist then starts talking about feminism and how women are extremely oppressed, and she starts spouting off books my girlfriend should read to open her mind up. This bitch even called my girlfriend a "case study". She said this because she was asking my girlfriend about her job, and my girlfriend drunkenly spoke a little bit about some of the ass holes she works with. I guess my girlfriend has "OPPRESSED" written on her forehead, and this feminist pitied her, therefore calling her a "case study" to her face.

After the feminist made her rounds and psychoanalyzed almost everyone at the party, she then proceeds to tell my friend's girlfriend, "I smell so much insecurity at this party." No, bitch, you don't smell insecurity, what you smell is a bunch of annoyed people who don't like being psychoanalyzed, but at the same time are trying to be extremely friendly because they are here to have a good time and celebrate our mutual friends moving in together.........  

The entire time this woman was at this party, there was a giant elephant in the room. I don't think a single person at this party cared for this person. We all just wanted to have a good time. We all have our shit, we all have our opinions, yet we're all capable of putting any difference aside and enjoying each others company. Every single feminist I have met is extremely similar to the fuck at this party. This was obviously the most extreme one I have been around, with some obvious personality flaws, but still...

If you're a feminist, cool. I probably don't agree with a lot of your views, but we should still be able to sit down over a some drinks and enjoy each others company. I'm not sure I've ever met a feminist whom I can do just that with.

so yeah, that's it I guess..

Edited by Fender2.0, 22 January 2017 - 07:47 PM.

------------------------------------------------

#12 BrokenMirror

BrokenMirror

The Monsteriest

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,327 posts
  • Original Name: BrokenMirror

Posted 22 January 2017 - 09:22 PM

I don't think I'm a psychoanalysing, cunty misandrist.

"Nothing says romance like a gift of a kidnapped injured woman."

Proud holder of 206 Major-Points

#13 BrokenMirror

BrokenMirror

The Monsteriest

• GZ Regular
  • 20,327 posts
  • Original Name: BrokenMirror

Posted 22 January 2017 - 09:46 PM

POPULAR

I think you may be confusing what a feminist is. Feminism isn't some secret, abnormal club we get cards for. We are just normal people who believe that women should determine our own lives and bodies. You'll have met thousands of us in your life, we just don't walk around with sticky labels on our foreheads saying "I'm a feminist!" In other words, all normal, rational people are feminists. If you don't believe your girlfriend should be paid less than her colleagues, forced to squeeze out a kid or made to share her body against her wishes, then you are a feminist too.

Sorry you ran into a toxic bitch, but the fact that she's labelled herself a feminist has nothing to do with it. Asserting so is as ridiculous as if I said all men were douchebags because several men I've come across have yelled out that they would like me to display my breasts.

"Nothing says romance like a gift of a kidnapped injured woman."

Proud holder of 206 Major-Points

#14 Jay Kay

Jay Kay
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 09:56 PM

How do we live in a society that condones inequality? I mean I get that there are sexist ass holes out there, but I don't see how our society and systems condone such. What rights do men have that women don't? Equality = Equality. A lot of feminists today don't stand for equality, I've noticed.

Last night, my girlfriend and I were at a friend's house drinking and shooting the ######. My buddy and his girlfriend live together. His girlfriend invited her cousin to come over (the feminist). I didn't know she was a feminist before she arrived. I know because not only did she talk about feminism passionately, she also had an enormous chip on her shoulder the moment she walked in the door and started conversing with the group.

My buddy and his girlfriend just recently moved in together, so this was a house warming party. The feminist asked my friend's girlfriend whose name the house was under. It is under my friend's girlfriend's name. They proceed to tell her just that. The feminist then looks at my friend and asks him how that makes him feel. He replied sarcastically (because he's a witty, sarcastic ass hole, much like myself). He said, "I think it's great that the house is under her name. I got the best gig of all time. If we don't work out, there are no strings attached." He says this as he kisses his girlfriend on the cheek.The feminist, then proceeds to ask him if he actually thinks like that. He told her he was joking and that it doesn't bother him that the house is under his girlfriend's name. She proceeds to ask him numerous questions related to the topic. She was psychoanalyzing the ###### out of him. He finally got annoyed, removed himself and went outside to smoke a cigarette.

The feminist moves to the next person (me). We introduce ourselves and have small talk. She asks me how I know my friend and his girlfriend, she asks me what I do for a living, blah blah. My girlfriend then becomes the topic of discussion. Once I told her that my girlfriend and I have been together for almost three years, she started picking my brain HARD. It was annoying how obvious she was about psychoanalyzing everyone she spoke with.Question after question after question. I was extremely friendly to her and answered every question she asked and asked some in return just because, but I couldn't help thinking to myself how awkward it was that she was psychoanalyzing me. I felt like I was taking a test, and come the end of the conversation she was going to tell me whether or not I passed or failed. As I'm thinking this, she asks me when my girlfriend's birthday is. I was quite baffled by the irrelevance of the question and how blatant she was being about psychoanalyzing me. I answered quickly, and I realized as soon as I spoke that I told my girlfriend's birthday wrong. Wrong by 2 days. I said the 21st instead of the 23rd. My girlfriend overheard and jokingly gave me hell about it. The feminist couldn't ######ing believe it. She said, "Wow...you've been with her for 3 years and don't even know when her birthday is exactly..." At this point I'm annoyed as ######, and decide to defend myself (I'm also a little embarrassed that I got her birthday wrong). I told her how I took her to the beach 2 years in a row for her birthday and celebrated it for a week straight. I then realize it doesn't ######ing matter and I remove myself from the conversation.

The feminist then starts conversing with my girlfriend. She asked my girlfriend if she plans on marrying me. She asked her if we plan on living together any time soon. My girlfriend told her we were looking into either buying or renting a house together. The feminist told my girlfriend, "I would be extremely careful about that." My girlfriend asks her what she means by that, and the feminist responds with, "Just make sure everything is right, and you're not making a mistake." Oh...okay, thanks for the advice, ######, as if my girlfriend hasn't taken all of the above into consideration. Get the hell out of our business. The feminist then starts talking about feminism and how women are extremely oppressed, and she starts spouting off books my girlfriend should read to open her mind up. This ###### even called my girlfriend a "case study". She said this because she was asking my girlfriend about her job, and my girlfriend drunkenly spoke a little bit about some of the ass holes she works with. I guess my girlfriend has "OPPRESSED" written on her forehead, and this feminist pitied her, therefore calling her a "case study" to her face.

After the feminist made her rounds and psychoanalyzed almost everyone at the party, she then proceeds to tell my friend's girlfriend, "I smell so much insecurity at this party." No, ######, you don't smell insecurity, what you smell is a bunch of annoyed people who don't like being psychoanalyzed, but at the same time are trying to be extremely friendly because they are here to have a good time and celebrate our mutual friends moving in together.........

The entire time this woman was at this party, there was a giant elephant in the room. I don't think a single person at this party cared for this person. We all just wanted to have a good time. We all have our ######, we all have our opinions, yet we're all capable of putting any difference aside and enjoying each others company. Every single feminist I have met is extremely similar to the ###### at this party. This was obviously the most extreme one I have been around, with some obvious personality flaws, but still...

If you're a feminist, cool. I probably don't agree with a lot of your views, but we should still be able to sit down over a some drinks and enjoy each others company. I'm not sure I've ever met a feminist whom I can do just that with.

so yeah, that's it I guess..

Yikes, yeah pretty bold and wildly poor manners to demand such personal information in such an entitled way.

Sounds like the product of going to a state college to be honest. I'm certainly not anti-education, but I've noticed this unfortunate transformation in many of my former friends. They go get their liberal arts degree and come back thinking they're Sigmund Freud. I experienced this with my best friend. He was one of the most happy go lucky no bullshit dudes I had ever known (and was my closest friend for half my life) and went off to a state college while I went to a private college. Came back with a huge chip on his shoulder because I "never visited him or supported him" in the six years that he went.

Mind you, I was working 50 hours a week and going to school full time myself. I got married and bought a house, so I didn't have the liberty to just go party on the weekends 3/4 hours away.

I made sure to visit him every time he was in town and kept in regular touch while he was there. When he came back he couldn't find work so he eventually came to work for me. He was extremely entitled and and made me quickly regret mixing work and friendship. He ended up pseudo psychoanalyzing me somehow becoming an expert in my personal and family relationships, somehow blamed me for "letting him go to college" and literally saying his 4 year degree took 6 years because of me. It was the most bizarre shit I'd ever heard. He also talked with condescending certainty about EVERY topic, to the point where I'm sure he'd correct Carl Sagan if he had the chance.

The really disappointing part was his very sweet and down to earth longtime girlfriend, whom I was always good friends with, came back a total psycho social justice warrior feminist type.

Totally out of character for both of them, so it was a very tough pill to swallow. Really disappointing to see good people change so much. I can only attribute it to the college experience. I don't know what it is they are teaching them there, but it empowers people in all of the wrong ways. It makes the world appear to be a living breathing battle ground of oppression and disinformation, and empowers them to be these silly wannabe intellectual warriors of change. Problem is they simply learn to blame and point their fingers at all of the "injustice" in every aspect of life down to the causes of their own unhappiness and dissatisfaction in life. I can't find a job and move out like my friends! Goddamn patriarchy!! I can't marry my girl and start my family!! Goddamn white privilege!! I wasted 6 years of my life and am in massive debt!! Goddamn bigots!!!

I worry for this pansy generation.

#15 Jay Kay

Jay Kay
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 10:02 PM

I would hope we're all feminists at this point in the traditional sense, but the modern bastardization is as disorganized and poorly executed as BLM.

#16 myfinalheaven

myfinalheaven

The Infernal Bridegroom

• GZ Regular
  • 22,487 posts
  • Original Name: myfinalheaven

Posted 23 January 2017 - 01:47 AM

It's been a while since I've been embarrassed to be on GTU. Thanks, guys.

And say why it never worked on me.
Something to do with violence
A long way back, and wrong rewards,
And arrogant eternity.

#17 Nealio

Nealio

Stuff

• Ombudsman
  • 35,502 posts
  • Donator:Yes, Once
  • Original Name: nealmac

Posted 23 January 2017 - 03:32 AM

I have no doubt in my mind that the vast majority of feminists are sane, "normal" women who are doing nothing more than petitioning for equality. However, these women don't get any limelight. It's the minority of idiots that always reach the public eye. The ones that use feminism as a lever to make men the inferior sex. We all know the one I mean. And because these people get highlighted, it gives the general feminist population a bad name.

Just my 2 cents worth.

#18 Jay Kay

Jay Kay
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 05:28 AM

I think that's a fair assessment Neal.

Quick, someone pull a woogie and cover the forum in nasty porn do myfinalheaven really had something to be embarrassed about!

#19 sixgunsound

sixgunsound
  • Ombudsman
  • 38,771 posts
  • Donator:No
  • Original Name: sixgunsound

Posted 23 January 2017 - 06:16 AM

What I read but with different words to make a point:

I hate black people. I met one really black person who wouldn't stop talking about being black. I think his attitude comes from this black college he attended. It's like he was making me pass his black test. I'm not racist, but I sure hate black people. 

You met an asshole who happened to be a woman. If you're going to paint every woman in a poor light as a result, I'm very sorry for you. 

funny-pilots-blooper-airplane-comedy-pic

#20 Jay Kay

Jay Kay
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 06:30 AM

To be fair, I don't think he attributed anything to college; I did. More specifically State Universities. To be clear, I don't believe every "feminist" is a toxic judgmental manhater. I think a vast majority would consider themselves a feminist in the traditional sense. Equal rights is something I hope we can all get behind. The more radical version of modern feminism is what I have a problem with, and yes it would be myopic to brand them all under the blanket "feminists". Modern radical feminists, as I mentioned above, assert, beyond equal rights, that men and women are the same. They are not, and will never be. 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please consider donating to GuitarZone.com.
With more and more people using ad blocking add-ons for browsers, ad revenue has plummeted.
If you can spare even US$5 it would mean a lot to help pay for GZ's monthly server bill.
Thank you to all. Cheers! --Rob

Method #1: PayPal

Click 'Donate' above
to donate with any
major credit card or
existing PayPal funds.

E-mail on record with PayPal
[ ]

Method #2: Bitcoin

Option A )  Scan Bitcoin QR Code

Scan above box with mobile phone, or click...

Option B )  Copy and Paste Bitcoin Address

13NA7exoZVPGBAxnKXcQAz35JQ5PvnhYDE  

Copy above address and paste into Bitcoin app...

Learn more about Bitcoin...