- - - - -

I imagine you're all sick of "hey, how've you been?" posts, butthis is a "hey, how've you been?" post

66 replies to this topic

#1 Lula1100

Lula1100

3 Herr Marks

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,538 posts
  • Original Name: Lula1100

Posted 12 March 2017 - 08:52 AM

Y'know how in Peter Pan, Wendy is forced into domestic life and has to grow old, but Peter and the Lost Boys get to go on fighting pirates in Neverland forever? That's how I feel today, logging back into my GTU account for the first time in five years. I'm old and sighing at windows all the time, but everyone else is still as electric and eloquent and silly as they ever were. There's something kind of dazzling about scrolling the boards and finding that Derf and Six and the Major and Herr and, well, SO MANY of them men I spent my teens talking to are still here, still talking, still exchanging ideas. 

I started my life as a GTUer in 2004, as a lonely 14 year old living in Ireland. I genuinely feel like this place is the first place I ever felt heard, or listened to, or understood. I feel like I learned how to be myself by posting on this forum. Which is weird, because virtually every woman I talk to has an opposite story about their experience with male-dominated forums: it's generally one of exclusion, or just kinda gross sexism. So, thanks, you guys, for just being my friends. 

So hey, hi, hello, how are you? What have I missed? Who is married, who's gay, who's a dad? 

Edited by Lula1100, 12 March 2017 - 11:59 AM.

#2 Herr Rararr

Herr Rararr

Herr to the throne...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,957 posts
  • Donator:No
  • Original Name: Herr Rararr

Posted 12 March 2017 - 09:10 AM

Jesus-tap-dancing-unicycle-riding-Christ.

Hey-oh, how the heck are you?

I came back nearly a year ago - there's a lot of solace here. And nerdiness.

Woggie passed away in 2013, Sharon (wizzywozza) passed away last year. Everybody seems to be having kids at the moment (guilty...2). Dadfad still looks after guitar q&a and haggis still pops in to buy a beer every now and then.

So, details, what part of the world/life are you conquering at the moment?
And here's a thread with a few more people coming back https://www.guitarzo...d-users/page-1#
Herr Who?

Posted Image

www.soundcloud.com/christobaldo - music

"I used to be a legend but then I slipped into mediocrity..."

#3 crab man

crab man

no entiendo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64,701 posts
  • Original Name: GilmourIsGod

Posted 12 March 2017 - 10:24 AM

Ahoy-hoy.

I'm guilty of being sexist and gross towards you. Deepest apologies.

#4 waz416

waz416
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,369 posts
  • Original Name: waz416

Posted 12 March 2017 - 10:54 AM

LULA! Good to know u're doing well:) not much changed here just us man Childs keeping the place alive. I'm happy to hear u have good memories, hopefully they've served u well in life, if ever a moment of despair befell u.

All in all I'm good. Having ruined an umpteenth relationship I'm resigned to a fate of arranged marraiage back home. Sounds silly from a grown man but the whole Confucian filial piety has done a number on us Asian kids n putting family before self has been my way as of late. Professionally speaking I'm still where I was 10 years ago n no respite in sight, so yeah I'm banking on ubi kicking in soon :P I got to travel a whole lot. That's def been the highlight of past 10 years, also I've morphed from a scrawny torso with twigs to almost an almost fitness buff :)

Sorry for Hijacking ur thread. So good to hear from u again n I hope u visit more often. We still have a worthwhile convo once in a while here.
My Itunes Album : BUY IT <a href="http://www.apple.com...e.com/wasim</a>

#5 Major Major

Major Major

Dark Lord of all

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,431 posts
  • Original Name: Jay Gatsby

Posted 12 March 2017 - 10:54 AM

Thanks for stoping in. It's always fun to see one of the crew pop in.
Lol, we were the rare fabled positive forum of strangers. Huzzah for music.

K1of1-4_zps6a0bcc15.jpg

Ad infernum cum melioribus.

#6 myfinalheaven

myfinalheaven

The Infernal Bridegroom

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,487 posts
  • Original Name: myfinalheaven

Posted 12 March 2017 - 11:26 AM

Hi Caroline. =) I hope you're doing well, darlin'. It makes me happy to hear that you felt understood here.

No kids for me. Still not gay. The woman I was planning to propose to moved out in November. That, in the end, was so much better for the both of us.
And say why it never worked on me.
Something to do with violence
A long way back, and wrong rewards,
And arrogant eternity.

#7 Major Major

Major Major

Dark Lord of all

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,431 posts
  • Original Name: Jay Gatsby

Posted 12 March 2017 - 11:42 AM

Rough, Sir. But far better to not be attached to the wrong person.

K1of1-4_zps6a0bcc15.jpg

Ad infernum cum melioribus.

#8 Lula1100

Lula1100

3 Herr Marks

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,538 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 12:09 PM

Jesus-tap-dancing-unicycle-riding-Christ.

Hey-oh, how the heck are you?

I came back nearly a year ago - there's a lot of solace here. And nerdiness.

Woggie passed away in 2013, Sharon (wizzywozza) passed away last year. Everybody seems to be having kids at the moment (guilty...2). Dadfad still looks after guitar q&a and haggis still pops in to buy a beer every now and then.

So, details, what part of the world/life are you conquering at the moment?
And here's a thread with a few more people coming back https://www.guitarzo...d-users/page-1#

HOW AM I? HOW ARE YOU!

I'm really good! Bullet points: I'm a writer and I live in London now. I work for a women's website called The Pool and I have a novel coming out next year. I live with a dude and I'm a white lady who does yoga. What about you man?? Tell me everything. Or add me on Twitter or something: @czaroline

I'm sorry to hear about woggie and Sharon. I didn't have a lot of contact with either, but they were great users. 

Ahoy-hoy.

I'm guilty of being sexist and gross towards you. Deepest apologies.

Were you? The only one I remember being creepy was vodoogav, who once invited himself to my hometown over MSN. 

LULA! Good to know u're doing well:) not much changed here just us man Childs keeping the place alive. I'm happy to hear u have good memories, hopefully they've served u well in life, if ever a moment of despair befell u.

All in all I'm good. Having ruined an umpteenth relationship I'm resigned to a fate of arranged marraiage back home. Sounds silly from a grown man but the whole Confucian filial piety has done a number on us Asian kids n putting family before self has been my way as of late. Professionally speaking I'm still where I was 10 years ago n no respite in sight, so yeah I'm banking on ubi kicking in soon :P I got to travel a whole lot. That's def been the highlight of past 10 years, also I've morphed from a scrawny torso with twigs to almost an almost fitness buff :)

Sorry for Hijacking ur thread. So good to hear from u again n I hope u visit more often. We still have a worthwhile convo once in a while here.

Wow dude, hi! Well done on plucking up the courage to a) get married and B) using the phrase "Confucian fillial piety" in a sentence. Best of luck with your new wife and your new tight bod

Hi Caroline. =) I hope you're doing well, darlin'. It makes me happy to hear that you felt understood here.

No kids for me. Still not gay. The woman I was planning to propose to moved out in November. That, in the end, was so much better for the both of us.

I also have no kids and am not gay, don't worry about it. Sorry about the wummin. I'd love to get you on Twitter/Facebook/whatever. I used to love our 6 hour msn chats about Les Miserables. You can get me here!

#9 Herr Rararr

Herr Rararr

Herr to the throne...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,957 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 12:25 PM

Childish tweet sent. The Pool, isn't that Lauren Laverne's project? Very cool and a novel is an amazing project. You always were creative and it's good to see you've made a career out of it. From someone who is now a c-level suit in manufacturing it doesn't half make me wistful.

I live in Chicago with my wife, nearly 3 year old son and 1 month old daughter. I'm finally happy, or at the very least on the fringes of happiness - certainly not utterly miserable, and that really is a great thing.

Still make weird songs, got fatter though. That's 'Merica!
Herr Who?

Posted Image

#10 crab man

crab man

no entiendo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64,701 posts
  • Original Name: GilmourIsGod

Posted 12 March 2017 - 12:27 PM

Oh. Of course not..

I was GiG, the perfect gentleman.

#11 Lula1100

Lula1100

3 Herr Marks

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,538 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 12:32 PM

Childish tweet sent. The Pool, isn't that Lauren Laverne's project? Very cool and a novel is an amazing project. You always were creative and it's good to see you've made a career out of it. From someone who is now a c-level suit in manufacturing it doesn't half make me wistful.

I live in Chicago with my wife, nearly 3 year old son and 1 month old daughter. I'm finally happy, or at the very least on the fringes of happiness - certainly not utterly miserable, and that really is a great thing.

Still make weird songs, got fatter though. That's 'Merica!

It IS Lauren Laverne's project. She's my boss now, and a cracking one. 

I can't believe you're a father! Twice! PAPA HERR. HERR VADER. It feels so weird that you have a job and a wife and a location when you were just an amorphous third-person that I tried to impress constantly. I still have my 3 Herr Marks sewn into my clothes like gold doubloons. 

#12 Herr Rararr

Herr Rararr

Herr to the throne...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,957 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 12:54 PM

And rightly so, they were very limited edition!
Herr Who?

Posted Image

#13 Jay Kay

Jay Kay
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Original Name: ReditusMusic

Posted 12 March 2017 - 01:15 PM

Was around since the guitartabs.cc days under a plethora of names and aliases. Always came back for a peek and voyuerism, but came back in the last year or so for a more regular stay.

So cool growing up with all you folks and learning all of your stories and coming back years later to see so many of you found your place in life.

I used to chat with Woogie often on messenger and was really sad to learn of his passing, and I always had mad respect for dadfad and frankyz.

nowadays I enjoy arguing politics and social justice with sixy, trading jams with the herr (we'll be meeting up for some studio jams soon), and just shootin the shit with all the other regulars that have either found their way back or kept the boards warm.

Since my joining; I've gotten married and divorced, finally left finance and started my own business, and generally have survived fantastic ups and vicious downs.

I also have a desperate wish to revive the GTU mixtape at least one more time.

Glad to see you're alive and well and welcome back!

#14 Derf!

Derf!
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,051 posts
  • Original Name: TheDerf

Posted 12 March 2017 - 03:32 PM

Good to see you're alive and kickin', madam. And a writer no less! Good for you. I'm not envious. I'm not. Maybe. Any literature of yours you'd care to share? As I recall, I rather enjoyed your word jumblin' what with the Work In Prowess thing(is that still going? I noticed a lull way back when) and would take the time to read fresher material. Or not. That's cool too.

I am not married, not gay, and am a proud father of the many arty creations I litter the world with. It's like having kids only I don't have to take care of them or feed them or love them...hmm. I guess they're not like kids at all really. And that's what I find so great about them I reckon. When I'm not a shameless scribble whore for the monies, I moonlight as a dishwasher. I drink, I draw, I watch The Walking Dead. It's all very predictable and boring. Comfortable, though.

#15 sixgunsound

sixgunsound
  • Ombudsman
  • 38,770 posts
  • Original Name: sixgunsound

Posted 13 March 2017 - 04:39 AM

Man, here I was under the impression that you were ALL gay. 

Okay, so maybe not. 

Hi Lula. It's great to see you here after so long. We've worked hard to keep a sense of community, so I'm happy you feel it still. 

I still live in Toronto with the same girl I met in university. We have a parrot named Lieutenant Broccoli, he's great. My girlfriend's a teacher and I work for the same place I did before with non-profits, but in a logistics capacity now. 

Tell us more about you! The last five years of our lives are archived here lol.

funny-pilots-blooper-airplane-comedy-pic

#16 maungabluesy

maungabluesy

Looking out a window that isn't there

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,046 posts
  • Original Name: exbluesyousonofabitchmajor

Posted 13 March 2017 - 05:58 AM

I'm married and soon to be a dad and spend most of my spare time pram shopping.

I used to have the biggest crush on Lauren Laverne. Heh..."used to".
c0dbbba7-6a32-4bda-887e-db2eac32d0af.jpg

#17 James_Coolidge

James_Coolidge

Faithfucked Believer

• GZ Regular
  • 26,502 posts
  • Original Name: James_Coolidge

Posted 13 March 2017 - 12:15 PM

Howdy, Lula.

Glad to hear that you're being successful and stuff.

I'm now an ice cream man. I'm still an occasional drunk and still a frequent musician. I also write sometimes too.

Did you guys know I do poetry and short stories and shit?

My most recent project (among others) is a collaborative story with a buddy from college on our website. Check it out if you feel so inclined:

https://thepeachykin...uthor/reisklok/

9fPfK.jpg

I can't think of anything to say,
Except, I think it's marvelous...

http://reesehoegashimself.bandcamp.com

#18 Jay Kay

Jay Kay
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Original Name: ReditusMusic

Posted 13 March 2017 - 12:53 PM

cool beans, I'll check it out 

#19 Ayaura

Ayaura
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,666 posts
  • Original Name: Ayaura

Posted 13 March 2017 - 10:51 PM

Wow, welcome back! I used to use the handle idle_liquid and I definitely remember you!

Myself, I am 33 weeks pregnant and getting ready to take a year off work. I work as an environmental technologist and GIS tech.

It's so good to hear from you, I have wondered about you, there are so few of us women on here!

JupiterPillow.png

"Taken out of context, I must seem so strange" Music Share

#20 Nealio

Nealio

Stuff

• Ombudsman
  • 35,502 posts
  • Donator:Yes, Once
  • Original Name: nealmac

Posted 14 March 2017 - 04:02 AM

Hey Caroline good to see you back. I like reading your words of wisdom on facebook. I generally don't comment but it doesn't go unappreciated, at least not by me.

I am now the only Irish person left on GTU, so you should stick around. Moral support and all that.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please consider donating to GuitarZone.com.
With more and more people using ad blocking add-ons for browsers, ad revenue has plummeted.
If you can spare even US$5 it would mean a lot to help pay for GZ's monthly server bill.
Thank you to all. Cheers! --Rob

Method #1: PayPal

Click 'Donate' above
to donate with any
major credit card or
existing PayPal funds.

E-mail on record with PayPal
[ ]

Method #2: Bitcoin

Option A )  Scan Bitcoin QR Code

Scan above box with mobile phone, or click...

Option B )  Copy and Paste Bitcoin Address

13NA7exoZVPGBAxnKXcQAz35JQ5PvnhYDE  

Copy above address and paste into Bitcoin app...

Learn more about Bitcoin...