- - - - -

easiest metallica solo?

16 replies to this topic

#1 strats182

strats182
  • 6 posts
  • Original Name: strats182

Posted 15 October 2002 - 10:00 PM

i want to learn a solo but an easy one to start off with...what metallica song ?

#2 alec88

alec88
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts
  • Original Name: alec88

Posted 15 October 2002 - 10:08 PM

The intro solo for 'Welcome Home' off Master of Puppets is pretty simple, a week of practise and you should be able to go through it smoothly. I know its not a big 20th fret type solo, but it will impress ya mates.

#3 wabirdman

wabirdman
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Original Name: wabirdman

Posted 15 October 2002 - 11:02 PM

I found that nothing else matters was easy

wabirdman

#4 fingertappinfool

fingertappinfool
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 810 posts
  • Original Name: fingertappinfool

Posted 16 October 2002 - 04:08 AM

yeah nothing else matters is a good one to start on.. if you can get that down, you can also learn the first solo in master of puppets (the slow one... its pretty much the same solo... way to be original james! napster bad lol)

Posted 16 October 2002 - 08:10 AM

On 2002-10-16 07:08, fingertappinfool wrote:
yeah nothing else matters is a good one to start on.. if you can get that down, you can also learn the first solo in master of puppets (the slow one... its pretty much the same solo... way to be original james! napster bad lol)  

I don't see why you think they are similar but nevermind.

I don't know what the easiest Metallica solo is because I haven't paid great attention to every solo. For example I bet there is a solo on Load or Reload that is much easier than Nothing Else Matters, however this is normally a good one to start with anyway

#6 guitarguru12

guitarguru12
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Original Name: guitarguru12

Posted 16 October 2002 - 10:22 AM

the easiest one by far is the unforgiven solo, it sounds great too

Posted 16 October 2002 - 01:13 PM

they are all crap

#8 pillarcrisis

pillarcrisis
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts
  • Original Name: pillarcrisis

Posted 16 October 2002 - 06:03 PM

fook u ral u dont know talent

#9 ryan6666

ryan6666
  • 12 posts
  • Original Name: ryan6666

Posted 16 October 2002 - 07:41 PM

i can see what ral means whne he says "crap" maybe he is used to the explosive van halen solos but odnt get me worng the metallcias solos kick butt

#10 shalloys

shalloys
  • Pip
  • 184 posts
  • Original Name: shalloys

Posted 17 October 2002 - 03:51 AM

easiest by far is nothing else matters i reckon master of puppets i reckon is difficult especially if you are trying to get that two guitar effect off one guitar, but thats probly just me

#11 benny2707

benny2707
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Original Name: benny2707

Posted 17 October 2002 - 10:30 AM

If u want an easy metallica solo go for Hero of The day, its just a repeating pattern.
user posted image

Posted 17 October 2002 - 12:08 PM

On 2002-10-16 22:41, ryan6666 wrote:
i can see what ral means whne he says "crap" maybe he is used to the explosive van halen solos but odnt get me worng the metallcias solos kick butt

I take it you are being sarcastic and don't actually think Van Halen is better than Hammett

#13 waz416

waz416
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,369 posts
  • Original Name: waz416

Posted 17 October 2002 - 01:22 PM

Hel yeah.......Hammet is way better than Van Halen..........Hammet rules.........PEAC EOUT.........I think the easiet metallica solo is teh nothing else matters
My Itunes Album : BUY IT <a href="http://www.apple.com...e.com/wasim</a>

#14 fingertappinfool

fingertappinfool
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 810 posts
  • Original Name: fingertappinfool

Posted 17 October 2002 - 01:32 PM

there is a lot of similar expression of notes in both of the solos i mentioned... if you can't hear what im talkin about, then ... keep trying... you'll see the light someday. besides that, kirk repeats a lot of things from his early solos on later albums... it might be in a different key, but its the same patterns of notes over and over again. these points are useless to argue over... just accept that kirk hammet is not the most engenious guitar player in the world. just because he's your favorite doesn't mean he amounts to a pile of dogsh-it in the scheme of things. just like your favorite guitar string is not necessarily the best, and just like the metal zone is not the epitome of distortion pedals.

Posted 17 October 2002 - 01:41 PM

On 2002-10-17 16:32, fingertappinfool wrote:
there is a lot of similar expression of notes in both of the solos i mentioned... if you can't hear what im talkin about, then ... keep trying... you'll see the light someday.  besides that, kirk repeats a lot of things from his early solos on later albums... it might be in a different key, but its the same patterns of notes over and over again. these points are useless to argue over... just accept that kirk hammet is not the most engenious guitar player in the world.  just because he's your favorite doesn't mean he amounts to a pile of dogsh-it in the scheme of things. just like your favorite guitar string is not necessarily the best, and just like the metal zone is not the epitome of distortion pedals.    

Firstly if you see my sig Hammett is near the bottom of my list of masters of the axe clearly indicating I don't think he is the best.

Anyway, why bring Hammett in to this? Hetfield plays both those solos.

#16 blinkkid66

blinkkid66
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,184 posts
  • Original Name: blinkkid66

Posted 17 October 2002 - 03:24 PM

I only know 1 metallica solo and that is master of puppets. I just never found it that hard. And for some reason I still find the solo to black dog hard. hmmmmm

#17 quartermaster

quartermaster
  • 22 posts
  • Original Name: quartermaster

Posted 17 October 2002 - 04:04 PM

Load/Reload has the easiest solos, Master/Justice contain the hardest, most complex. Rhythmwise try playing Blackened...that's what I thought. Matters is Het's song bottomline. If it weren't for him Hammet would be anyway. Eventhough he plays a mean giutar... 7 or 8 years ago. No hard feelings though that's just my opinion and like all disco songs it sucks, just like yours.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please consider donating to GuitarZone.com.
With more and more people using ad blocking add-ons for browsers, ad revenue has plummeted.
If you can spare even US$5 it would mean a lot to help pay for GZ's monthly server bill.
Thank you to all. Cheers! --Rob

Method #1: PayPal

Click 'Donate' above
to donate with any
major credit card or
existing PayPal funds.

E-mail on record with PayPal
[ ]

Method #2: Bitcoin

Option A )  Scan Bitcoin QR Code

Scan above box with mobile phone, or click...

Option B )  Copy and Paste Bitcoin Address

13NA7exoZVPGBAxnKXcQAz35JQ5PvnhYDE  

Copy above address and paste into Bitcoin app...

Learn more about Bitcoin...