Line 6 Pod 2.0 VS Line 6 Pod XT

1 reply to this topic

#1 sam_at2001

sam_at2001
  • 62 posts
  • Original Name: sam_at2001

Posted 04 May 2003 - 10:24 AM

Hi

I really want to get a line 6 Pod, but I don't know what the difference bewteen the two are. Does the Pod XT have enough extra features to warrent the extra 100?

#2 halfmoonbay

halfmoonbay

HMB

• Ombudsman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,492 posts
  • Original Name: halfmoonbay

Posted 05 May 2003 - 05:48 AM

On 2003-05-04 13:24, sam_at2001 wrote:
Hi

I really want to get a line 6 Pod, but I don't know what the difference bewteen the two are.  Does the Pod XT have enough extra features to warrent the extra 100?

The POD 2.0 is the standard version, the difference between that and the XT is basically that the XT has more of everything. You've got more mic/cab modelling options, as well as having more digital effects to play around with (around 50 I think, whereas the original one only had 16). You've got the same amount of amp modelling options (32) though, but apparently they've been improved........ the amp modelling stuff is not disimilar from the stuff you get with Line 6's Vetta amps actually, it isn't bad.
As for whether it's worth shelling out the extra for, that's really up to you. Go and have a play around with them - if you can do what you want to do with the cheaper version, then go for the 2.0. If you decide you like the extra versatility, go with the XT.
The Modulator
"I admire HMB's ability to waffle around the issue all day long without giving an opinion either way." - Richey

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please consider donating to GuitarZone.com.
With more and more people using ad blocking add-ons for browsers, ad revenue has plummeted.
If you can spare even US$5 it would mean a lot to help pay for GZ's monthly server bill.
Thank you to all. Cheers! --Rob

Method #1: PayPal

Click 'Donate' above
to donate with any
major credit card or
existing PayPal funds.

E-mail on record with PayPal
[ ]

Method #2: Bitcoin

Option A )  Scan Bitcoin QR Code

Scan above box with mobile phone, or click...

Option B )  Copy and Paste Bitcoin Address

13NA7exoZVPGBAxnKXcQAz35JQ5PvnhYDE  

Copy above address and paste into Bitcoin app...

Learn more about Bitcoin...