• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,831 posts
  • Original Name: fenderguitarfreak

Posted 09 April 2006 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE (kthundertom @ Mar 3 2006, 02:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
no one better diss elvis b.c he is god!!!! boo ya

that made me chuckle.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Overall in today's standards or more the past legends standards he was an okay musician. He was great in his time I must say but he should never be considered a legend in my opinion because of his popularity back then. The legends are the ones that are still popular today to many fans and who still have their talent recognized. I just don't see that in Elvis.

overrated druggie.
------------------------------------------------

#22 Tuning Spork

Tuning Spork

I still have Les Paul's autograph

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,658 posts
  • Original Name: Tuning Spork

Posted 30 May 2006 - 08:02 PM

Did you seriously just say Elvis is no longer popular and his talent is not recognized?

#23 dorio

dorio

Editor in Chief®

• Ombudsman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,780 posts
  • Donator:No
  • Original Name: dorio

Posted 04 June 2006 - 04:15 AM

Bah! -- They apparently have not really understood the full meaning of the word legend -- As in legendary.

#24 kthundertom

kthundertom
  • 2 posts
  • Original Name: kthundertom

Posted 08 June 2006 - 05:04 AM

dude i cant believe that you just said that elvi wasnt a legend... i hope u die and burn in hell for that ######

#25 LittleGuitarMan

LittleGuitarMan
  • 1 posts
  • Original Name: LittleGuitarMan

Posted 10 October 2006 - 08:05 PM

Elvis inspired me in music

but there is always the booze and drug problem you guys talk about let me clear that up for you...

Elvis never drank...hi mother did and she died from drinking some part of it anyway so elvis only drank some wine now and then..

Drugs? elvis never has used drugs...nowadays thsoe prescription pills he took are drug but then it was from his doctor..he had everything in a medicine book..i quote elvis on a 1974 concert

I heard that I was strung out on heroin... I've never been strung out in my life..." Then Elvis explodes, "If I find or hear the individual that has said that about me," he threatened, "I'm gonna BREAK your GODDAMNED neck, you SON OF A ######! These reports are dangerous," he emphasised, "are damaging to my little daughter, to Priscilla, to my father, my doctor, my friends, everyone on stage and," he motioned to the audience, "to you...." Then he pointed at his invisible accuser, "I will pull your GODDAMNED tongue from the ROOTS!!!" he thundered. mad.gif

i agree elvis wassnt a legend on the Guitar he only new 3 chords...but..he was a legend in his performences...

#26 dorio

dorio

Editor in Chief®

• Ombudsman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,780 posts
  • Donator:No
  • Original Name: dorio

Posted 15 October 2006 - 09:00 AM

QUOTE (LittleGuitarMan @ Oct 11 2006, 09:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I heard that I was strung out on heroin... I've never been strung out in my life..." Then Elvis explodes, "If I find or hear the individual that has said that about me," he threatened, "I'm gonna BREAK your GODDAMNED neck, you SON OF A ######! These reports are dangerous," he emphasised, "are damaging to my little daughter, to Priscilla, to my father, my doctor, my friends, everyone on stage and," he motioned to the audience, "to you...." Then he pointed at his invisible accuser, "I will pull your GODDAMNED tongue from the ROOTS!!!" he thundered. mad.gif

Interesting.

Elvis really deserved his crown of "King of rock" He's been among the first performers to "shake the hips" But society deemed him too provocative so his hips were censored by TV cameras crews No he wasn't a great guitarist that's for sure, but knew more than three chords. However, abour his stance on drugs, that's where I will have to disgree (with the late Elvis). In Graceland he was poppping hundreds of pills a day for crissake......... and most of them Amphetamine or Dexedrine. Even if those were prescribed, speed is still a powerful addictive drug, not to mention the Heroin and Cocaine Elvis was said to be fond of. So to declare in public he wasn't on drugs sounds kinda...weird to me. But never mind that, to me he'll always be the King of Rocknroll no contest. All Hail Elvis!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please consider donating to GuitarZone.com.
With more and more people using ad blocking add-ons for browsers, ad revenue has plummeted.
If you can spare even US$5 it would mean a lot to help pay for GZ's monthly server bill.
Thank you to all. Cheers! --Rob

Method #1: PayPal

Click 'Donate' above
to donate with any
major credit card or
existing PayPal funds.

E-mail on record with PayPal
[ ]

Method #2: Bitcoin

Option A )  Scan Bitcoin QR Code

Scan above box with mobile phone, or click...

Option B )  Copy and Paste Bitcoin Address

13NA7exoZVPGBAxnKXcQAz35JQ5PvnhYDE  

Copy above address and paste into Bitcoin app...

Learn more about Bitcoin...