43 replies to this topic

#41 gwillaker

gwillaker
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,359 posts
  • Original Name: gwillaker

Posted 14 February 2008 - 03:13 PM

Frank Zappa was cool. Amazing musician, super intelligent. Very funny too. I got his book, but I havent yet read it all. I've skimmed a few chapters. He had some very interesting thoughts about things, made a lot of sense. Some of it is hilarious too! biggrin.gif

#42 GoDrex

GoDrex
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPip
  • 720 posts
  • Original Name: GoDrex

Posted 14 February 2008 - 04:17 PM

The thing about Frank is that he only seemed so wacky or crazy. The more you learn about him the more you realize that he was a very sane and very intelligent person. He enjoyed pointing out the insanity and stupidity in everyday things that most people take for granted as normal.

"Iím not a virtuoso guitar player. A virtuoso can play anything and I canít. I can play only what I know, to the extent that I have developed enough manual dexterity to get the point across..." - Frank Zappa

#43 gwillaker

gwillaker
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,359 posts
  • Original Name: gwillaker

Posted 20 February 2008 - 10:34 PM

Right, Like to me he was never weird in any way, but life is weird. The dude was, what I would call highly evolved tongue.gif

#44 MagicOPromotion

MagicOPromotion
  • 16 posts
  • Original Name: MagicOPromotion

Posted 12 June 2009 - 01:58 AM

i was watching TCM Underground a few nights ago when i saw something called 200 Motels and i couldnt help but notice that Frank Zappa looked a little Jack Sparrow-ish. I know Johnny Depp said that Keith Richards of The Rolling Stones was the look he went for concerning the pirates movies.

I also looked at pictures of the New Wave 80s singer Adam Ant and thought to myself :Johnny Depp could pull this look off too.

so....which singer can you see Johnny Depp portray ?
XRumer 5.0 Palladium: best promotion software

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please consider donating to GuitarZone.com.
With more and more people using ad blocking add-ons for browsers, ad revenue has plummeted.
If you can spare even US$5 it would mean a lot to help pay for GZ's monthly server bill.
Thank you to all. Cheers! --Rob

Method #1: PayPal

Click 'Donate' above
to donate with any
major credit card or
existing PayPal funds.

E-mail on record with PayPal
[ ]

Method #2: Bitcoin

Option A )  Scan Bitcoin QR Code

Scan above box with mobile phone, or click...

Option B )  Copy and Paste Bitcoin Address

13NA7exoZVPGBAxnKXcQAz35JQ5PvnhYDE  

Copy above address and paste into Bitcoin app...

Learn more about Bitcoin...