OneLostGuitarist's Content

There have been 46 items by OneLostGuitarist (Search limited from 17-January 20)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#2750173 3 questions in one post

Posted by OneLostGuitarist on 11 April 2007 - 05:19 PM in Guitar Q & A

QUOTE (frankyz84 @ Apr 11 2007, 07:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I treat question 3 with the contempt it deserves. I spit on it. pah!!

Wow I'm glad your not french you would've farted in my general direction laugh2.gif monty python got to love it

(Nater11) How did your project turn out? So if I glued the paper dots on there wouldn't the string scratch them off when I do a bend? I have medium frets when I bend the string scrap the fretboardand. if I drill them out the thing I'm worried about is getting them back in level

#2750058 3 questions in one post

Posted by OneLostGuitarist on 11 April 2007 - 02:30 PM in Guitar Q & A

Question# 1 I bought a harmony guitar model 02813 off from ebay. They said it was from the 70's is it? My guitar looks like the one in (one who rocks) sig he said his was from the early 90's mine looks just like his except mine has a rosewood fretboard. Does anyone know how this works it has two single coil pickups but no pickup selector? I'm guessing they will act like a hummbucker but the two single coil pickups has some distance between them. How will it sound? I have never seen anything like that before that's one of the reasons I bought it.

Question# 2 How hard would it be to replace my dot inlays with black ones?

Question# 3 Sorry about this one it's a stupid question I also feel embarrassed asking this. I mean it's like a 10 year old kid is asking this question.

I know how everybody feels about relabeling a guitar. I'm going to paint the headstock white to match the body. I don't want just a plane white headstock. The question is what name logo decal would be a good choice? if you have any ideals I would like to hear them

Here is some ideals that I like

The darkness is my favorite one so far. Then I will put the skull with the horns on the tip of the head stock

#2744506 Reviving Old Strings

Posted by OneLostGuitarist on 29 March 2007 - 02:37 PM in Guitar Q & A

QUOTE (-ism @ Mar 28 2007, 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (gravitas @ Mar 28 2007, 09:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Erm, what kind of oil is this?

Lighter fluid? not sure... that'd be kinda crazy though.

That was my question to

What kind of oil did you use?

Com on builtmyownbass fill us in

My guess would be 3-in-one oil that's what I use to clean my guns with

#2739384 Another Vid

Posted by OneLostGuitarist on 22 March 2007 - 07:54 PM in Guitar Q & A

Wow that was great I tried to watch the clip of you playing the intro to Life without you on soundclick. But I couldn't get it to work I assume it's the one labeled Quick example for a GTU Thread right? I have problem with flash player but the opening video worked just fine I don't get it. But great job man Applause

#2739134 Polyurethaneing a tremolo plate?

Posted by OneLostGuitarist on 22 March 2007 - 01:04 PM in Guitar Q & A

I have a sticker on my tremolo plate that I want to keep from getting scratched up. So I sprayed five coats of crystal clear enamel. I now know that wasn't the way to go I wish that I had have used varnish. My question is can I spray varnish over the clear coat without it messing up? What would be the best way to do this?

Thanks

#2737211 Stevie ray vaughn life without you

Posted by OneLostGuitarist on 19 March 2007 - 08:31 PM in Tablature Requests

Ok how about just the good old tab version. The only thing that I have found is just the chords I want the solo parts. I don't think I'll ever be able to listen to a cd and get what I need to play the song.

If it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all misery on me laugh2.gif I almost forgot about that got to love hee haw

You have an SRV signature strat what year is it?

#2735568 Stevie ray vaughn life without you

Posted by OneLostGuitarist on 17 March 2007 - 08:32 PM in Tablature Requests

stevie ray vaughn life without you in guitar pro tab. What is the best place to download GP5 tabs? The best one I have found is http://www.tablatures.tk/artists.php anyone know of better ones?

#2729328 Fixing to start cutting around on my guitar

Posted by OneLostGuitarist on 10 March 2007 - 05:46 PM in Guitar Q & A

I need some help cutting out the place for my left handed tremolo. What can I use to outline the places that I need to cut out on my guitar? I don't want to use something that would leave a permanent mark. What do I use to cut the guitar without the paint cracking or the wood splintering?

Thanks

#2725609 I would like some help with my SRV #1 Replica

Posted by OneLostGuitarist on 06 March 2007 - 07:36 PM in Guitar Q & A

For the last seven months I have been collecting the parts for my stevie ray vaughan #1 Replica. So I'm about to start construction on it what I'm asking for is some tips or some close up pictures of #1. I already have some close up pictures but I could always use more. What I would love to have is a real picture of just his guitar if anybody has one I would love to see it.

I'm still looking for a neck I'm thinking about the srv one from Warmoth. Does anyone have something to say about them good or bad?

Thanks

#2713997 Favorite Song

Posted by OneLostGuitarist on 23 February 2007 - 11:49 AM in Guitar Q & A

My current favorite song to listening to is Ooh La La by The Faces. The rhythm part is very easy to play does anyone know what I drop tune to for the lead part?

#2713135 Picks

Posted by OneLostGuitarist on 22 February 2007 - 09:51 AM in Guitar Q & A

Once again I will have to say the mojo pick yes.gif

QUOTE (dadfad @ Feb 22 2007, 12:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The kind God has caused to grow on the ends of my fingers.

Wow that's deep man cool.gif dig it

sorry I just finished watching a documentary from the sixty's

I can't play with my fingers they get too tense and hurt

#2710666 Help with pinky

Posted by OneLostGuitarist on 19 February 2007 - 12:33 PM in Guitar Q & A

I have looked around and I haven't seen anything that helps. The only thing that has helped me is practice I'm better now with it but I still have a problem. With it being slow to hit the sting after my third finger has hit. I only have this problem when I' playing up the neck as long as my pinky starts off it's fine but if it's the last to fret it's slow.

#2710647 Bill Lawrence's Q-Filter tone controls

Posted by OneLostGuitarist on 19 February 2007 - 12:01 PM in Guitar Q & A

I found some info on it I would love for someone who knows more then me to give some feedback on it and that's almost everybody on here dry.gif

http://p082.ezboard....opicID=16.topic

Thanks

#2709774 Pictures of my Strat...slowly coming together!

Posted by OneLostGuitarist on 17 February 2007 - 08:26 PM in Guitar Q & A

Because it's a natural ash body it's supposed to look that way

#2709719 Pictures of my Strat...slowly coming together!

Posted by OneLostGuitarist on 17 February 2007 - 07:26 PM in Guitar Q & A

Read a lot of woman's magazine do you? wink.gif You said you got the neck off ebay if you don't mind me asking exactly who from on ebay I'm looking for one. What part of the pickguard doesn't fit?

Thanks

#2709688 Bill Lawrence's Q-Filter tone controls

Posted by OneLostGuitarist on 17 February 2007 - 06:54 PM in Guitar Q & A

What are Bill Lawrence's Q-Filter tone controls? I did a search for it and didn't find out all that much about them. Someone was talking about them on another forum . I can't find a way to contact him so I'm posting it here I hope that's ok. He said when playing clean, if you roll the tone back, the guitar gets almost an "acoustic" tone. I would love to have something like this on my guitar does anyone know anything about them or have one?

Thanks

#2708649 Custom strap locks

Posted by OneLostGuitarist on 16 February 2007 - 08:39 AM in Guitar Q & A

What? I have a 1936 mojo pick and when I bought it they didn't say anything about it being illegal. I doubt that I'm going to get arrested for drilling a hole in two 50 cent pieces it might be possible but it's doubtful.

#2707298 Question about playing the violin

Posted by OneLostGuitarist on 14 February 2007 - 08:44 PM in Other Instrument Q & A

My question is If you already know how to play the guitar. How hard would it be to learn to play the violin?

Side note I know absolutely nothing about it

#2707151 Custom strap locks

Posted by OneLostGuitarist on 14 February 2007 - 05:41 PM in Guitar Q & A

QUOTE (kurtlives @ Feb 14 2007, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We had them at one time. I have been to the US and never got one of these peices unsure.gif . Why do you want to make your own straplocks? Why not just buy some quality ones from a store?

I have a teisco del rey EP-8T from the sixty's I thought it would look cool

#2707085 Cigar Box Guitars

Posted by OneLostGuitarist on 14 February 2007 - 03:59 PM in Guitar Q & A

How dare you try something and fail wink.gif I saw them on ebay but I didn't think they would be any good

#2707072 Custom strap locks

Posted by OneLostGuitarist on 14 February 2007 - 03:40 PM in Guitar Q & A

The united states over here the fifty cent piece is a large coin that's worth a half of a dollar. I thought canada had one unsure.gif

#2707015 Custom strap locks

Posted by OneLostGuitarist on 14 February 2007 - 01:49 PM in Guitar Q & A

I'm thinking about making custom strap locks. I'm going to drill a hole in a fifty cent piece. Would the factory screws that's in there be long enough to still be firmly in the body without messing anything up?

#2703902 I have the tremolo Arm shakes

Posted by OneLostGuitarist on 09 February 2007 - 05:05 PM in Guitar Q & A

When I hit the low e string my tremolo Arm rattles are there any ways to fix this? I have screwed it all the way and it still rattles.

#2703897 I can't find a good coil instrument cable

Posted by OneLostGuitarist on 09 February 2007 - 05:03 PM in Effects, Amps and their Settings

Any one know where I can buy a coil instrument cable? I bought one from musiciansfriend once before the fender california one that was supposed to be 25 Feet. But it wasn't and it was so heavy it would come unplugged from my guitar a lot. I want one that's thin like a telephone cable one like I've seen hendrix use

#2697298 Tortex of Ultex?

Posted by OneLostGuitarist on 01 February 2007 - 01:40 AM in Guitar Q & A

out of the few picks that I have my favorite one is my mojo pick

Please consider donating to GuitarZone.com.
With more and more people using ad blocking add-ons for browsers, ad revenue has plummeted.
If you can spare even US$5 it would mean a lot to help pay for GZ's monthly server bill.
Thank you to all. Cheers! --Rob

Method #1: PayPal

Click 'Donate' above
to donate with any
major credit card or
existing PayPal funds.

E-mail on record with PayPal
[ ]

Method #2: Bitcoin

Option A )  Scan Bitcoin QR Code

Scan above box with mobile phone, or click...

Option B )  Copy and Paste Bitcoin Address

13NA7exoZVPGBAxnKXcQAz35JQ5PvnhYDE  

Copy above address and paste into Bitcoin app...

Learn more about Bitcoin...