fuego_delrio's Content

There have been 14 items by fuego_delrio (Search limited from 24-October 20)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#1850123 recording gear

Posted by fuego_delrio on 19 June 2005 - 06:31 PM in Technical Sound and Live Performance Issues

check ebay
I use onboard sound, adobe audition and a 12 channel Behringer mixer with a cheap Sony mic. I just pan the instuments left and right then mix for stereo. Its the same.
The audition works for 30 days before you have to buy it
the mixer was 125 and the onboard sound, well if you aint got it, guess what? Mad Dog makes a 7 dollar sound card that ships for 8 (on eEbay)
Dale

#1848579 Drum Loops Please?

Posted by fuego_delrio on 18 June 2005 - 06:27 PM in Technical Sound and Live Performance Issues

QUOTE (KaZu @ Jun 17 2005, 03:33 PM)
QUOTE (fuego_delrio @ Jun 17 2005, 04:24 AM)
http://www.oldtestam...cussion_set.exe
These ARENT loops.
They are all HQ though, and VERY good sounding. Try making your own.
Ive done it, it sounds great. Its just time consuming (read it takes about a week to do right
Sample:

That song is wierd as hell, I dont know why, the wah effect thing in the backround makes it wierd.

Thanks at least you replied biggrin.gif

#1848566 Recording a Song that I made.

Posted by fuego_delrio on 18 June 2005 - 06:23 PM in Technical Sound and Live Performance Issues

QUOTE (Jiveturkey @ Jun 12 2005, 06:45 PM)
If we knew that do you think we'd be wasting time on the internet?

Chet Atkins wrote a book. Try that. It's what Doyle Dykes recommended to me. I don't remember what Clint Black said but I believe it was similiar.

#1848543 Recording Software Advice

Posted by fuego_delrio on 18 June 2005 - 06:09 PM in Technical Sound and Live Performance Issues

I use Adobe Audition www.adobe.com
I also use a Behringer 12 channel mixer which I scored off eBay for under 150.
I plug in my guitar and my mic and I pan one track left (selecting record left on track 1 for example)
and I pan the other track right (again selecting record right on track 2 this time)
and record both simultaneously
Then I remix drums in (I use didgital wavs I gathered on the net: heres a link to those, please share them.
Heres a finalized song I wrote

#1848477 drum software

Posted by fuego_delrio on 18 June 2005 - 05:25 PM in Other Instrument Q & A

QUOTE (sixgunsound @ Jun 18 2005, 04:25 PM)
Other than illegally downloading Fruity Loops there's only one option: Hammerhead Rhythm Station.

www.download.com

You'll find 'er here.

Try this
its free
Dale

#1848475 Two new songs from my band

Posted by fuego_delrio on 18 June 2005 - 05:23 PM in Technical Sound and Live Performance Issues

QUOTE (fuego_delrio @ Jun 19 2005, 01:18 AM)
QUOTE (vash_the_stampede @ Jun 14 2005, 11:40 PM)
ko well we just went into the "studio" which is just a friend of mines friends home deal. anycrap we got four songs up on the above mentioned site. so go there and tell me what ya think, and be harsh...HARSH. lol but keep in mind we recorded these two songs in about 2 hours most of them in one take. anyways check em out.
seth

Before I listen I just wanna say this Vash
TAKE YOUR TIME AND DO IT RIGHT
Dont be in such a hurry. Rome wadnt built in a day....
and Give me some feedback

Here's my critique: It is a killer song. You guys play tight
the recording kinda sucks cos...
I realize this is one take. Also I realize you were in a hurry.
But dig this. One takes are awesome in their display of integrity. But you get too much crosstalk in the mics.
I can hear guitar in your vocals drowning the mic. I cant hear the bass in it, which tells me you dont have the bass nearly high enough (its close, maybe more mids?) on your vocals.
I realize this aint your equipment, but you obviously have a computer.
Have you ever tried to do this yourself, with your PC?
I would try this:
Record just the music. I dont hear a crosstalk in the instruments, but I do hear the vocals being shredded (their fidelity) by the prescense of other instruments. Then do a vocal track using a cheap pair of headphones to monitor the music, and record that onto its own track.
I listened to Salt and Switchblades BTW
I have more suggestions, but long winded answers dont help you.
Keep up the good work. Your fraternity is AWESOME.
God Bless
Dale

P.S. can you make thes songs downloadable Im on Dial up and man I hear five seconds wait ten minutes and hear five more.

#1848468 Two new songs from my band

Posted by fuego_delrio on 18 June 2005 - 05:18 PM in Technical Sound and Live Performance Issues

QUOTE (vash_the_stampede @ Jun 14 2005, 11:40 PM)
ko well we just went into the "studio" which is just a friend of mines friends home deal. anycrap we got four songs up on the above mentioned site. so go there and tell me what ya think, and be harsh...HARSH. lol but keep in mind we recorded these two songs in about 2 hours most of them in one take. anyways check em out.
seth

Before I listen I just wanna say this Vash
TAKE YOUR TIME AND DO IT RIGHT
Dont be in such a hurry. Rome wadnt built in a day....
and Give me some feedback

#1845354 im thinkin about...2x12

Posted by fuego_delrio on 16 June 2005 - 08:44 PM in Effects, Amps and their Settings

I took what I could get, which by fortunes own hand, happens to be a Crate GX 130C (Sweet!) it rattlesa bit with teh bass cranked.
I play it (ala Jonny Lang... All distortion, everything cranked no reverb or chorus) with a Saga LC 10...A 200 dollar kit. Probably the best electric I've owned yet.
I put 9's on it, and cranked the bridge WAY up. Its a slinky. I mean LOOSE. you cant play barre chords well. They detune.
I totally didnt finish the wood, and the pickups are stock, but SMOKIN hot. It has a rad tone.
When the neck gets grimy, as it does, I simply use a sanding sponge and resand the neck. My dream is someday she'll be a truss rod and a freatboard with a headstock and a heel. I dont really use the radius anyway.
Sometimers I doodle on her too, but not in this picture. Besides if I use a pencil, it will sand off

http://www.oldtestam...ages/guitar.jpg

#1845332 Drum Loops Please?

Posted by fuego_delrio on 16 June 2005 - 08:24 PM in Technical Sound and Live Performance Issues

These ARENT loops.
They are all HQ though, and VERY good sounding. Try making your own.
Ive done it, it sounds great. Its just time consuming (read it takes about a week to do right
Sample:

#1845325 The best 8 track is?

Posted by fuego_delrio on 16 June 2005 - 08:12 PM in Technical Sound and Live Performance Issues

QUOTE (jbsoul @ Jun 16 2005, 08:56 PM)
OK people...

I want to start recording ideas I have in my mind with an 8 track. I want to start fooling around and learning a bit more about recording now so that when the time comes to record, I've got an idea of what to do and how.

More importantly...to share my songs with friends and to get critique on my material I've got to give them more then a song recorded on my $40.00 tape recorder..lol.

So I've been looking around on ebay and saw a zoom mrs8...it looks pretty good and the review seem to be great and I like the fact that it's got a drum machine built in...but then again it's a $299.00 piece, and I see a fostex digital 8 track on there for $99.00, so I'm wondering If I shoul;d skip the drum machine aspect of it and just go wth the fostex. Obviously the effects and vocal effects make a big difference to me too...that's why I'm posting this to get your opinions on what a solid 8 track would be for my purpose.

Let me know what you think and if you're using software instead etc... and which ones and audio cards etc...

Thanks,
Josh cool.gif

Alright. With the stock soundcard in my Old HP and Windows 98 (it was a 466MHz Celeron propietary intel 810 motherboard, intergrated sound card) with a Behringer 12 channel mixer (I picked it up off eBay for a little over a 100. unless you have more tha a mic and a guitar you really only need 4 channels. They're under fifty) a Martin D 28, a Sony cheap Microphone and Cool Edit Pro 2 I did this song:

I simply put the inputs in stero from the output of the mixer to the stereo line in on the PC. Then I pan mic left and guitar right. After that its digital trickery to compile stereo tracks. You couldnt get better sounding Direct X sound effects. And singal porcessing. I recorded the whole thing @ 192KHZ 32 bit floating point. No 8 track does this kind of quality. They all do like 94Khz and 24 Bit.
And to tell the truth you can get Cool Edit still for around 35 bucks now. They went out of buisiness and sold to Adobe. I only upgraded cos theres a 5.1 encoder in Audition. But you can still get it for 199 I think. Or try the 30 day trial and use it up. It's a really good buy.
And look, I've tried other softwares. The Cubase. It's supposed to be so radical.
Get this: the .Exe file that runs it its 170 some MB. That means if you have under a Gig of RAM, no work. I have 256. It just stalls.
I've since upgraded to a newer HP with a P4 (I smelled silicon when I mixed this one down..it took like 45 minutes to compile). I've also fried the proprietary soundcard in the new HP and the low level outpouts in my Behringer, but heres the deal. The Low Z outputs STILL work, and I still use it with custom patches I made... Too cool, if you ask me and testament to German Engineering. I've also upgrade to Adobe audition 1.5.
I still havent matched this yet though.
Oh and by the way, all the drums were pasted on this in Auditons( Cool Edit, same thing) mixer view.
Here's a link to (17.4MBs worth) of HI quality WAVS.

#1845308 My latest song

Posted by fuego_delrio on 16 June 2005 - 07:57 PM in Technical Sound and Live Performance Issues

Anyone like it?
I pasted all the drums in, recording the whole thing with my Martin D 28, sony Microphone Behringer Mixer and home PC running windows 98 and Cool Edit Pro.

All the drums I used (and many more) are available for your own use here:

#1845297 Drum machines?

Posted by fuego_delrio on 16 June 2005 - 07:52 PM in Technical Sound and Live Performance Issues

Aight answer to all yer prayers, I hope.
Awhile back I gathered EVERY Drum related .WAV I could find. Their all real Hi Quality, and really keen.
Most are in Mono, excellent for stereo remixing using Mr Dolbies 5.1 encoder found in the remixing section of Adobe Audition v 1.5...which I adore BTW.
I was trying to sell the .Wavs, but, hey you guys need them, want them, here they are.
Heres a sample song I did using Cut and Paste Technology and Adobe Audition.

yeah, its me.

#1790335 All the Saints

Posted by fuego_delrio on 11 May 2005 - 07:29 PM in Songwriting

All The SaintsOld Testament Wrath

All the Saints

to him that has eyes let him see

nothing has a value
til theres everything to lose
and nothing has a cost til the price you pay
I dont know when its gonna fall
but I seen its back will break
I dont remember now what I saw
man they crucified me
I seek that countenance of God his holy face to guide me
gotta ask him what it take to make the angels stop crying man cause they crying
for all the saints to lie broken on heaven in Earth
the ground consumes our fathers
while the Devil guards his worth
when all the saints lie broken on heaven in Earth
you can lift their eyes to heaven, but can you make their prayers be heard

to him that has ears let him hear

Substituted values for heavens that we choose
the way we groom our children just to tolerate you
I dont see how its gonna stand cause I can see it falling
its raining down around my knees
pull me outta this ruble
and the ashes soaking in from the tears that them angels are crying
cause they crying while god sings
to all the saints that lie broken on heaven in Earth
from your dust a new messiah crawls
and to all the saints now broken on Heaven in Earth
give your judgement to their father
and the devil his own worth

all the lies all the days all the games that people play
all the hours we wander away from eternity while the angels cryin out

all the saints are broken on Heaven in Earth
repeat out...

#1790334 All the Saints

Posted by fuego_delrio on 11 May 2005 - 07:28 PM in Songwriting

Old Testament Wrath

All the Saints

to him that has eyes let him see

nothing has a value
til theres everything to lose
and nothing has a cost til the price you pay
I dont know when its gonna fall
but I seen its back will break
I dont remember now what I saw
man they crucified me
I seek that countenance of God his holy face to guide me
gotta ask him what it take to make the angels stop crying man cause they crying
for all the saints to lie broken on heaven in Earth
the ground consumes our fathers
while the Devil guards his worth
when all the saints lie broken on heaven in Earth
you can lift their eyes to heaven, but can you make their prayers be heard

to him that has ears let him hear

Substituted values for heavens that we choose
the way we groom our children just to tolerate you
I dont see how its gonna stand cause I can see it falling
its raining down around my knees
pull me outta this ruble
and the ashes soaking in from the tears that them angels are crying
cause they crying while god sings
to all the saints that lie broken on heaven in Earth
from your dust a new messiah crawls
and to all the saints now broken on Heaven in Earth
give your judgement to their father
and the devil his own worth

all the lies all the days all the games that people play
all the hours we wander away from eternity while the angels cryin out

all the saints are broken on Heaven in Earth
repeat out...

Please consider donating to GuitarZone.com.
With more and more people using ad blocking add-ons for browsers, ad revenue has plummeted.
If you can spare even US$5 it would mean a lot to help pay for GZ's monthly server bill.
Thank you to all. Cheers! --Rob

Method #1: PayPal

Click 'Donate' above
to donate with any
major credit card or
existing PayPal funds.

E-mail on record with PayPal
[ ]

Method #2: Bitcoin

Option A )  Scan Bitcoin QR Code

Scan above box with mobile phone, or click...

Option B )  Copy and Paste Bitcoin Address

13NA7exoZVPGBAxnKXcQAz35JQ5PvnhYDE  

Copy above address and paste into Bitcoin app...

Learn more about Bitcoin...