echoes_4's Content

There have been 8 items by echoes_4 (Search limited from 22-March 21)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#2145790 Those poor fingers of ours....

Posted by echoes_4 on 29 November 2005 - 07:25 PM in Guitar Q & A

I think some you guys may be thinking of a different type of cut,.. the moisture wont cover this one,.. I'm talking about when you bend, and and your nail actually separates from the skin under it, so if you were to pullyour finger tip away from your nail, it would hurt alot. i wish i could draw a picture. the same thing would happen if you were to pull your nail back toward the middle of your hand. The end of your fingernail separates from the skin under it...

#2145083 Those poor fingers of ours....

Posted by echoes_4 on 29 November 2005 - 12:43 PM in Guitar Q & A

Hey,

Now I was just wondering if anyone knew how to do this method. When we play (anyone who plays has experianced this), we sometimes have the skin under our nails pulled back (from bends), and it sucks - you cant play, or at least bend, for even 2-3 days at a time. I heard, that if you use moleskin (the liquid skin stuff) and make a layer under there, over your wound, you are then able to apply super glue over that to attach the skin back to the nail for reinforcement, to make it even stronger than it was before. I'm not saying this has to be used all the time, but when we're doing shows night after night then you need backup. Does this work? has anyone tried it out? Any other repair methods?

-Matt

#2112743 Two-rock Amps

Posted by echoes_4 on 07 November 2005 - 08:47 AM in Effects, Amps and their Settings

Actually, in that tonequest article he was saying he used a Vibro King. I've heard these amps are good from other people - super sensitive in terms of dynamics though. I'm sure someone mods whatever the amps are that pros play so its hard to tell exactly what the amp sounds like stock. Any experiance with Vibro Kings?

#2110068 Two-rock Amps

Posted by echoes_4 on 04 November 2005 - 06:10 PM in Effects, Amps and their Settings

QUOTE (HurleySurf @ Nov 4 2005, 03:26 AM)
  If you are looking for a Two-Rock sound, I don't think your going to get it from Fender.  Look into a regular Custom Reverb.  Those are considerably cheaper and John uses them extensively on his larger tours as I've heard.  They run ABOUT $3000 for the head I believe.    ~N8

Hmm that interesting... Theres a tonequest article where hes talking about his main amp being the custom reverb signature. I heard heard the custom reverb and the step up to Sig is only a 20% Diff in sound, but its worth looking into. Oh yeah, Its true, if he hadnt played them i would have never found out about them, however, they have a truly amazing tone. All the soundclips and reviews on the net praise them like mad. I guess I don't mind saving for a custom reverb,. but that whole 20% better thing almost makes me want to save for that..

#2108226 Two-rock Amps

Posted by echoes_4 on 03 November 2005 - 12:59 PM in Effects, Amps and their Settings

Hey everyone,

Looking for a new tube amp with an awesome clean tone, and some gain for blues when needed. I've heard the two-rock custom reverb signature, and its amazing. In fact, I think it has every sound I would personally ever need. However, the price tag is ridiculous, weighing in at $6000-6500 US. Now,... I can look on ebay, and maybe score one for somewhat cheaper after a bit of time, however, I was wondering whether anyone knew of any manufactuers or models that sound pretty close to this tone. I'm highly considering a Fender tube, but there has been so many damn models over the past years (reverb, reverb pro, vibroverb, vibroking, etc.) that I don't know what each amp entails. Its hard to track down a store that carries a wide variety of fender amps at any one moment. Any words would be helpful here guys. If it helps I'm looking for a nice shimmering clean tone, maybe with minimal drive....Think Stevie Ray Vaughan, John Mayer (old or JM3) and just blues in general. Oh yeah, the clean tone is most important so, if it doesn't have OD, then it really doesnt matter. Thanks for the help in advance...

- Matthew

#2084657 For those of you have played a PRS and a Strat....

Posted by echoes_4 on 18 October 2005 - 10:35 AM in Guitar Q & A

Hey, Im willing to spend up to $2000 max. However, anything just past $1000 would be much rather preffered. Sound does matter still maybe I'm saying. Again, looking for that fatter sound. I have a prs and the single coils are great, but in their own context. I will be a fender strat for sure....

#2082433 For those of you have played a PRS and a Strat....

Posted by echoes_4 on 17 October 2005 - 07:41 AM in Guitar Q & A

Hey there guys,

Among some of my guitars I own a fender strat ('54 reissue), which has a maple fret board and everything that a '54 stat would entail basically. I also have a Prs Custom 22. What I am looking for is a strat that plays like my PRS. This has noting to do with sound. Ultimately, this strat sghould sound nice and fat like an early 60's would (Think Srv tone). This is beside the point. What models have a relatively flat fretboard like a PRS and would play much like it. A PRS with strat electronics would be interesting, but is way out of the question (because of money). I absolutely love my '54 - beautiful bright tone etc, but I need a strat with a fatter sound eventually, and I'd like it to play very nice and quick, much like my PRS does.... Any suggestions? Thanks guys. PM me if you'd like as well...

-Matt

#1823488 good boutique pickups (single coil)

Posted by echoes_4 on 03 June 2005 - 12:05 PM in Effects, Amps and their Settings

alright,

looking for that fat texas (stevie) sound for my strat. Im looking at rio grande texas tallboys, they sound pretty awesome. I know theres tons of boutique pickups out there, what have you heard and what do you suggest. throw some company names at me to review. Thanks boys... (and girls)

-Matt

Please consider donating to GuitarZone.com.
With more and more people using ad blocking add-ons for browsers, ad revenue has plummeted.
If you can spare even US$5 it would mean a lot to help pay for GZ's monthly server bill.
Thank you to all. Cheers! --Rob

Method #1: PayPal

Click 'Donate' above
to donate with any
major credit card or
existing PayPal funds.

E-mail on record with PayPal
[ ]

Method #2: Bitcoin

Option A )  Scan Bitcoin QR Code

Scan above box with mobile phone, or click...

Option B )  Copy and Paste Bitcoin Address

13NA7exoZVPGBAxnKXcQAz35JQ5PvnhYDE  

Copy above address and paste into Bitcoin app...

Learn more about Bitcoin...