6 replies to this topic

#1 cdemw

cdemw
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,210 posts
  • Original Name: cdemw

Posted 02 December 2004 - 08:49 AM

Hi, if anyone would like to check out my soundclick, I'd be grateful. Anything above Protect Me on the list.
Cheers. smile.gif

edit: you need this www.soundclick.com/chrisdemontfortwellborne.htm wink.gif

Edited by cdemw, 02 December 2004 - 08:52 AM.

user posted image

MY SOUNDCLICK

www.soundclick.com/herrrararr (non-adam)

www.soundclick.com/herrrararandhisadamtronicorchestra.htm

#2 testify

testify

If it wasent for bad luck, i'd have no luck at all

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,984 posts
  • Original Name: testify

Posted 02 December 2004 - 10:34 AM

Only had the chance to listen to 'The One's Who Know'

The recording quality is a tad poor. The singing didn't really do a great deal for me and i couldnt make out what the song was about.

The guitar work was ok but overall the track didnt really twang my thang so to speak!! huh.gif

Edited by testify, 02 December 2004 - 10:35 AM.

#3 cdemw

cdemw
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,210 posts

Posted 02 December 2004 - 10:40 AM

QUOTE (testify @ Dec 2 2004, 06:34 PM)

The recording quality is a tad poor.  The singing didn't really do a great deal for me and i couldnt make out what the song was about.

The guitar work was ok but overall the track didnt really twang my thang so to speak!!  huh.gif

I know the quality is poor, hehe, it's from a rubbish four track, and I don't seem to be able to transfer it to my computer without horrific hiss.
Thanks for listening though,and I'm aware that I am by no means a singer, but if I don't sing it then who will? hehe, cheers.

user posted image

MY SOUNDCLICK

#4 testify

testify

If it wasent for bad luck, i'd have no luck at all

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,984 posts
  • Original Name: testify

Posted 02 December 2004 - 10:44 AM

QUOTE (cdemw @ Dec 2 2004, 06:40 PM)
QUOTE (testify @ Dec 2 2004, 06:34 PM)

The recording quality is a tad poor.  The singing didn't really do a great deal for me and i couldnt make out what the song was about.

The guitar work was ok but overall the track didnt really twang my thang so to speak!!  huh.gif

I know the quality is poor, hehe, it's from a rubbish four track, and I don't seem to be able to transfer it to my computer without horrific hiss.
Thanks for listening though,and I'm aware that I am by no means a singer, but if I don't sing it then who will? hehe, cheers.

Sorry i don't mean to be over critical or anything just calling it like i hear it and i know what your saying about having to sing your own tracks, just take a listen to some i have sung on on my soundclick and you will soon hear i'm not the world's greatest singer myself.

I think you just need to get a better quality recording set-up.

#5 cdemw

cdemw
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,210 posts

Posted 02 December 2004 - 10:49 AM

I'm a student - I can't afford it.
But i'm going into a studio in a couple of months to lay down a demo, with a friend singing. I'll take a listen to yours now...

user posted image

MY SOUNDCLICK

#6 Cuphands

Cuphands

-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,376 posts
  • Original Name: igorski

Posted 02 December 2004 - 11:26 AM

I'll listen to a few.

The one's who know
Recording quality isn't great, like Testify said, but it's not as bad to detract from a listening experience. Having said that, the sound on the distorted guitars are a bit too contrasting to the cleaner bits. The overall playing is cool though minding the odd bumps in places, I really liked the feedback in the second verse smile.gif Singing isn't bad at all, except for some parts where you sing louder, nothing wrong with the restraint shown.

And when
The rhythm guitar is nice and driving and the electric lead breaks work nicely with the vocals as a 'call-answer'-method. The singing isn't really doing it for me here though but I can see what you were trying to put across, especially in the bit at around 2 minutes in. The instrumentation is nice, this could be a good song for your demo if your singing friend can handle the vocal duties smile.gif

#7 imadique

imadique

Betty when you call me you can call me Sal.

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,208 posts
  • Original Name: imadique

Posted 03 December 2004 - 02:22 AM

#5 - pretty cool, nice contrast between the smooth rhythm and the angry noises. The distorted wah type sound is probably a bit too loud at the start of the track, but towards the end it's a good mix. Interesting, i could see it being used for a movie soundtrack.

Leaving tommorrow
I'm not too fond of the lyrics for this but the chords are nice and catchy. The distorted guitar could be doing more though, it's not really adding much to the song except preventing it from fitting the acoustic category.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please consider donating to GuitarZone.com.
With more and more people using ad blocking add-ons for browsers, ad revenue has plummeted.
If you can spare even US$5 it would mean a lot to help pay for GZ's monthly server bill.
Thank you to all. Cheers! --Rob

Method #1: PayPal

Click 'Donate' above
to donate with any
major credit card or
existing PayPal funds.

E-mail on record with PayPal
[ ]

Method #2: Bitcoin

Option A )  Scan Bitcoin QR Code

Scan above box with mobile phone, or click...

Option B )  Copy and Paste Bitcoin Address

13NA7exoZVPGBAxnKXcQAz35JQ5PvnhYDE  

Copy above address and paste into Bitcoin app...

Learn more about Bitcoin...