64 replies to this topic

#21 crab man

crab man

no entiendo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64,748 posts
  • Original Name: GilmourIsGod

Posted 19 January 2005 - 02:21 PM

QUOTE (metallicac/dc @ Jan 19 2005, 04:20 PM)
It's hard to see what the guy is doing in that pic huh.gif

yeah, what exactly is happening?

#22 richey

richey
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,159 posts
  • Original Name: richey

Posted 19 January 2005 - 02:46 PM

He's standing, in his boxers, on top of an Iraqi who is tied up. There are much worse pictures, they were in all the papers this morning: Iraqis lying in a puddle of what appears to be blood, being made to strip naked and simulate anal sex with each other, a soldier controlling an Iraqi on the arm of a forklift truck... I don't think this is a US vs UK matter though. This is a pathetic post from Bax. I've always said that the British soldiers in Iraq have probably abused prisoners and violated the Geneva Convention too. Piers Morgan, the former editor of the Daily Mirror tabloid, was fired after printing pictures which were subsequently proved to be faked. I was angry at that at the time, saying that it surely is happening anyway. I'm glad that authentic pictures have finally surfaced. Tony Blair and General Sir Mike Jackson (Chief of Staff in the British army) have immediately condemned this, saying, rightly, that it's "appalling" and (hopefully correctly) that these are isolated incidents. Several men have been arrested and I only hope that they will be court martialled and made an example of. This stuff is unacceptable.
My anger is a form of madness
And so I'd rather have hope than sadness

#23 crab man

crab man

no entiendo

• 64,748 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 02:48 PM

QUOTE (richey @ Jan 19 2005, 04:46 PM)
He's standing, in his boxers, on top of an Iraqi who is tied up. There are much worse pictures, they were in all the papers this morning: Iraqis lying in a puddle of what appears to be blood, being made to strip naked and simulate anal sex with each other, a soldier controlling an Iraqi on the arm of a forklift truck... I don't think this is a US vs UK matter though. This is a pathetic post from Bax. I've always said that the British soldiers in Iraq have probably abused prisoners and violated the Geneva Convention too. Piers Morgan, the former editor of the Daily Mirror tabloid, was fired after printing pictures which were subsequently proved to be faked. I was angry at that at the time, saying that it surely is happening anyway. I'm glad that authentic pictures have finally surfaced. Tony Blair and General Sir Mike Jackson (Chief of Staff in the British army) have immediately condemned this, saying, rightly, that it's "appalling" and (hopefully correctly) that these are isolated incidents. Several men have been arrested and I only hope that they will be court martialled and made an example of. This stuff is unacceptable.

ohmy.gif these pictures were in the paper? ohmy.gif isn't that a little much?

#24 metallicac/dc

metallicac/dc

Θηρόποσα Χε

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,354 posts
  • Original Name: metallicac/dc

Posted 19 January 2005 - 02:50 PM

QUOTE (GilmourIsGod @ Jan 19 2005, 05:48 PM)

I've never seen or heard of it until now.
Posted Image

#25 richey

richey
  • 34,159 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 02:59 PM

Well... *shrug* they were in the papers yes laugh.gif British papers, of course you hadn't seen them if you're America. I didn't see the cover story of the New York Times this morning. There's a reason for that.

#26 richey

richey
  • 34,159 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 03:01 PM

http://www.independent.co.uk/
http://www.guardian....1393803,00.html

#27 twmk

twmk

Why?

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,587 posts
  • Original Name: twmk

Posted 19 January 2005 - 03:05 PM

Why does this seem so familiar?
shameless plug

http://www.soundclic...ds/1/torrie.htm

hope it works

"I know struggle and struggle knows me"

#28 pbaxter2001

pbaxter2001
  • GZ Regular
  • 19,765 posts
  • Donator:No
  • Original Name: pbaxter2001

Posted 19 January 2005 - 03:07 PM

QUOTE (metallicac/dc @ Jan 19 2005, 05:50 PM)

That's because they try to sweep things under the table.

#29 metallicac/dc

metallicac/dc

Θηρόποσα Χε

• GZ Regular
  • 20,354 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 03:09 PM

QUOTE (pbaxter2001 @ Jan 19 2005, 06:07 PM)

That's true. They should arrest the troops who do that or suspend them from the army. Something to punish them.
Posted Image

#30 richey

richey
  • 34,159 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 03:10 PM

QUOTE (pbaxter2001 @ Jan 19 2005, 11:07 PM)

Carpet, you muppet.

He hadn't heard of it because he's American. If he was British he would have known, it's been in every paper and on TV.

The soldiers in the pictures have been arrested and are facing a court martial.

#31 halfmoonbay

halfmoonbay

HMB

• Ombudsman
  • 32,492 posts
  • Original Name: halfmoonbay

Posted 19 January 2005 - 03:13 PM

Or maybe it's because the US mainstream media has decided that there are other things they want to put on the front of their newspapers? It's been on the front pages of all our newspapers and in all our news programmes. If you are concerned that your national media is not focusing enough of its reporting on the issues that you feel are important and relevant, maybe you should write to the major media organisations and complain?
The Modulator
"I admire HMB's ability to waffle around the issue all day long without giving an opinion either way." - Richey

#32 metallicac/dc

metallicac/dc

Θηρόποσα Χε

• GZ Regular
  • 20,354 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 03:15 PM

QUOTE (halfmoonbay @ Jan 19 2005, 06:13 PM)

Or maybe it's because the US mainstream media has decided that there are other things they want to put on the front of their newspapers? It's been on the front pages of all our newspapers and in all our news programmes.

I think it will make people protest the war even more wink.gif
Posted Image

#33 richey

richey
  • 34,159 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 03:47 PM

Good.

#34 metallicac/dc

metallicac/dc

Θηρόποσα Χε

• GZ Regular
  • 20,354 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 03:49 PM

Not good. We need this for our protection, imo.
Posted Image

#35 crab man

crab man

no entiendo

• 64,748 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 03:50 PM

what i don't get is, how can you not be against war? if that many people are dying, its not worth it, you jackasses! who cares what you are protecting, its not worth that much suffering, there is always an alternative solution.

#36 metallicac/dc

metallicac/dc

Θηρόποσα Χε

• GZ Regular
  • 20,354 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 03:52 PM

QUOTE (GilmourIsGod @ Jan 19 2005, 06:50 PM)
what i don't get is, how can you not be against war? if that many people are dying, its not worth it, you jackasses! who cares what you are protecting, its not worth that much suffering, there is always an alternative solution.

How do you compromise with people who blow themselves up and kill themselves for what they believe in? You don't.
Posted Image

#37 richey

richey
  • 34,159 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 03:55 PM

Yeah, you do. Because the only reason they're doing it is because the Coalition military are there, and they'll do it until we leave. History teaches us that terrorism works: the European colonial powers all retreated from occupation when terrorism became too hard to handle. There's still bombings in Iraq and the pretend election is less than a fortnight away. Ridiculous. The war was a terrible mistake and it's not protecting anything. It's making us more unsafe, if anything.

#38 sparkster778

sparkster778
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,434 posts
  • Original Name: sparkster778

Posted 19 January 2005 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE (richey @ Jan 19 2005, 11:55 PM)
Yeah, you do. Because the only reason they're doing it is because the Coalition military are there, and they'll do it until we leave. History teaches us that terrorism works: the European colonial powers all retreated from occupation when terrorism became too hard to handle. There's still bombings in Iraq and the pretend election is less than a fortnight away. Ridiculous. The war was a terrible mistake and it's not protecting anything. It's making us more unsafe, if anything.

here here
"Sparkster you are a genius" Anoilersfan

#39 gyr84me

gyr84me

Beag air Bheag

• 16,179 posts
  • Original Name: gyr84me

Posted 19 January 2005 - 04:59 PM

I remember saying I knew a few squaddies and how I thought they were the type of person who would do something like this.

Your average British soldier is from a rough, poor background - if you've got money and an education you become an officer... if you join the army at all. You get some good squaddies, but loads of them are in the army instead of being in prison... a sad fact. I guess nice people wouldn't really make good cold blooded killers, huh?

We've got soldiers who are as sick and twisted as some American soldiers! Go Us!! We're number...err... two!

#40 badpuppy1821

badpuppy1821

poppawattahoodot

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,352 posts
  • Original Name: badpuppy1821

Posted 19 January 2005 - 05:00 PM

how about the kid on the hood of that car in your sig? was that done by an american or a british person? this ought to be good

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please consider donating to GuitarZone.com.
With more and more people using ad blocking add-ons for browsers, ad revenue has plummeted.
If you can spare even US$5 it would mean a lot to help pay for GZ's monthly server bill.
Thank you to all. Cheers! --Rob

Method #1: PayPal

Click 'Donate' above
to donate with any
major credit card or
existing PayPal funds.

E-mail on record with PayPal
[ ]

Method #2: Bitcoin

Option A )  Scan Bitcoin QR Code

Scan above box with mobile phone, or click...

Option B )  Copy and Paste Bitcoin Address

13NA7exoZVPGBAxnKXcQAz35JQ5PvnhYDE  

Copy above address and paste into Bitcoin app...

Learn more about Bitcoin...