7 replies to this topic

#1 vash_the_stampede

vash_the_stampede
  • Pip
  • 124 posts
  • Original Name: vash_the_stampede

Posted 22 May 2005 - 09:05 PM

http://www.myspace.c...andaltoremember

The songs are really poor quality...but since were a relatively new band were trying to get out music out there and establish a fan base before we hit the studio in mid July. These are the first two songs we wrote and right now were working rather hard to write 5 or 6 more to play a show in Late July.
the vocals are rather soft and at times the music is overpowering but remeber this was done on a crappy four track tape deck. anyways have a listen.
seth- a scandal to remeber

#2 vash_the_stampede

vash_the_stampede
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 07:29 PM

lol anyone?
i would really appriciate some feedback from real musicians...coz i mean its easy to get the occasional, "you guys rock" from like my friends but i want hardcore critisism. lol
seth

#3 smashamp47

smashamp47
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
  • Original Name: smashamp47

Posted 24 May 2005 - 08:31 PM

i really wish i could hear it better. it sounds like it (father's day) would be a groovy song if it was recorded better.

I'm not really going to make any criticisms until i can hear it better and hear all the parts the way they were meant to be heard.

#4 vash_the_stampede

vash_the_stampede
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 11:15 AM

well thanks for taking a listen anyways, its so hard to get a good sound in the place we recorded and with the crappy equiptment we recorded them with. Our singer works at a radio station doing janatorial work and the lead DJ there said he would record us in his home studio for pretty cheap so hopefully well have a decent demo out in mid July, so ill post up these two recoded much better then.
seth

#5 schlicktaco

schlicktaco
  • PipPip
  • 379 posts
  • Original Name: schlicktaco

Posted 25 May 2005 - 04:54 PM

QUOTE (smashamp47 @ May 24 2005, 09:31 PM)
i really wish i could hear it better.  it sounds like it (father's day) would be a groovy song if it was recorded better. 

I'm not really going to make any criticisms until i can hear it better and hear all the parts the way they were meant to be heard.

yes i agree... make it more audible if ya want someone to critique you respectively smile.gif
user posted image

#6 vash_the_stampede

vash_the_stampede
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 03:40 PM

ko well we just went into the "studio" which is just a friend of mines friends home deal. anycrap we got four songs up on the above mentioned site. so go there and tell me what ya think, and be harsh...HARSH. lol but keep in mind we recorded these two songs in about 2 hours most of them in one take. anyways check em out.
seth

#7 fuego_delrio

fuego_delrio
  • 15 posts
  • Original Name: fuego_delrio

Posted 18 June 2005 - 05:18 PM

QUOTE (vash_the_stampede @ Jun 14 2005, 11:40 PM)
ko well we just went into the "studio" which is just a friend of mines friends home deal. anycrap we got four songs up on the above mentioned site. so go there and tell me what ya think, and be harsh...HARSH. lol but keep in mind we recorded these two songs in about 2 hours most of them in one take. anyways check em out.
seth

Before I listen I just wanna say this Vash
TAKE YOUR TIME AND DO IT RIGHT
Dont be in such a hurry. Rome wadnt built in a day....
and Give me some feedback

#8 fuego_delrio

fuego_delrio
  • 15 posts
  • Original Name: fuego_delrio

Posted 18 June 2005 - 05:23 PM

QUOTE (fuego_delrio @ Jun 19 2005, 01:18 AM)
QUOTE (vash_the_stampede @ Jun 14 2005, 11:40 PM)
seth

Before I listen I just wanna say this Vash
TAKE YOUR TIME AND DO IT RIGHT
Dont be in such a hurry. Rome wadnt built in a day....
and Give me some feedback

Here's my critique: It is a killer song. You guys play tight
the recording kinda sucks cos...
I realize this is one take. Also I realize you were in a hurry.
But dig this. One takes are awesome in their display of integrity. But you get too much crosstalk in the mics.
I can hear guitar in your vocals drowning the mic. I cant hear the bass in it, which tells me you dont have the bass nearly high enough (its close, maybe more mids?) on your vocals.
I realize this aint your equipment, but you obviously have a computer.
Have you ever tried to do this yourself, with your PC?
I would try this:
Record just the music. I dont hear a crosstalk in the instruments, but I do hear the vocals being shredded (their fidelity) by the prescense of other instruments. Then do a vocal track using a cheap pair of headphones to monitor the music, and record that onto its own track.
I listened to Salt and Switchblades BTW
I have more suggestions, but long winded answers dont help you.
Keep up the good work. Your fraternity is AWESOME.
God Bless
Dale

P.S. can you make thes songs downloadable Im on Dial up and man I hear five seconds wait ten minutes and hear five more.

Edited by fuego_delrio, 18 June 2005 - 06:01 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please consider donating to GuitarZone.com.
With more and more people using ad blocking add-ons for browsers, ad revenue has plummeted.
If you can spare even US$5 it would mean a lot to help pay for GZ's monthly server bill.
Thank you to all. Cheers! --Rob

Method #1: PayPal

Click 'Donate' above
to donate with any
major credit card or
existing PayPal funds.

E-mail on record with PayPal
[ ]

Method #2: Bitcoin

Option A )  Scan Bitcoin QR Code

Scan above box with mobile phone, or click...

Option B )  Copy and Paste Bitcoin Address

13NA7exoZVPGBAxnKXcQAz35JQ5PvnhYDE  

Copy above address and paste into Bitcoin app...

Learn more about Bitcoin...