• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,546 posts
  • Original Name: Nater11

Posted 04 June 2006 - 12:03 PM

QUOTE (ApoXonFire @ Jun 4 2006, 10:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Nater11 @ Jun 4 2006, 02:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE (EXTREMEGUITAR @ Jun 4 2006, 12:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I honestly dont know what to say to anyone that thinks that this is even a "decent attempt". Its completely rediculous, anyone can play random notes as fast as they can, my only question is how are the people in the audience going to mop up the blood that is pouring out of their ears from hearing this "performance".

are you listening to the same thing i'm listening to? its by no means perfect and not note for note how eddie plays it, but come on. it certainly is not "rediculous". i'd say he did a damn fine job. when your were 13(and most likely younger) would you have the patience and dedication to learn such a complex piece? doubt it.

random notes... think about that for a minute... so is that what eddie did when playing it? played random notes? i would say in most cases, for some one to want pick out a song like this with no prior knowledge of music theory would be very unlikely. im sure he had an idea of what he was getting himself into before to learning it, and i bet he knew what notes to play from what scales.

do something for me. pick up a guitar and play random notes from around the 12th fret and up. how do these "random" notes sound? not too good, eh?

the "blood that is pouring out of their ears"... what are we, 4?

and the "performance" thing. something doesnt have to be good to be a performance. ever been to a crappy show, and thought "wow that sucked". but its still a performance good or bad.

(sorry to discuss so much in the Q n A forum)

Age doesn't matter man, how many times must you be told? The main thing that matters is your passion for guitar. Now, that kid may have some passion, but he doesn't have the brains(or teacher) to go along with it. He tried to swim the deep-end before he could doggy paddle. He just set himself up for an army of bad habits that hes going to either

A) Have to fix years later because he realises he is not playing like he should.

or

cool.gif Quit because his playing is ######.

as much as you would like to believe it doesnt, it does in some cases and this happens to be one of them. could it in fact be that there is some jealosy between you and a 13 year old?

doesnt have the brains?? what? he obviously played a decent cover of a pretty complex song, but he has no brains? unheard of!! and again, the age is a factor. i bet you he most likely had a teacher, being that he is a kid he probably would not have the patience to learn this on his own. (i hate stereotyping... but you can see where i'm coming from)
so this next thing. would you say that a simple Smoke on the Water riff would be considered a "doggy paddle" and a more difficult song, say for example: Eruption be considered "the deep-end". are you honestly going to sit there and tell me that this kid heard Eruption, and thought "boy, would i like to play that" and picked up guitar souly to learn it and be like eddie. i highly doubt his attempt at this piece was his 1st song on guitar. highly.

an "army of bad habits", eh? like what? his form seems pretty good to me, and his hands looked very relaxed. hell, he even the tapping pretty good. watch it again and point out some of these "bad habits", because you say there are so many.

and to that last comment. would you grow up already?
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Mods, would you please move or make a copy of this thread in the Discussion forum? i hate to clog up this forum with these arguements.

Edited by Nater11, 04 June 2006 - 12:05 PM.

0e5efacb-b8f0-4d66-9f87-bd9292db5751_zps

Harry Allen on you bitch, I believe no hype.

#42 jeffw

jeffw

SDGDSGDSDSGSDG

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts
  • Original Name: jeffw

Posted 04 June 2006 - 12:12 PM

Sigh..nobody can just sit back and play their guitars, can they? Just gotta sy what's right, wrong, etc.

Shut the hell up and play your guitar.

Seriously.

SHUT UP and play.

-J
2461461437745777457J BLJ34 H-GT4U81 TH-689V1TN38JT13- TY19YN-2R1YR-2-T23-41 6ZXSTN36BHTHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

#43 Grandpa FrankyZ

Grandpa FrankyZ

What is your conceptual continuity?

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,998 posts
  • Original Name: frankyz84

Posted 04 June 2006 - 12:56 PM

QUOTE (ApoXonFire @ Jun 4 2006, 04:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Nater11 @ Jun 4 2006, 02:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE (EXTREMEGUITAR @ Jun 4 2006, 12:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I honestly dont know what to say to anyone that thinks that this is even a "decent attempt". Its completely rediculous, anyone can play random notes as fast as they can, my only question is how are the people in the audience going to mop up the blood that is pouring out of their ears from hearing this "performance".

are you listening to the same thing i'm listening to? its by no means perfect and not note for note how eddie plays it, but come on. it certainly is not "rediculous". i'd say he did a damn fine job. when your were 13(and most likely younger) would you have the patience and dedication to learn such a complex piece? doubt it.

random notes... think about that for a minute... so is that what eddie did when playing it? played random notes? i would say in most cases, for some one to want pick out a song like this with no prior knowledge of music theory would be very unlikely. im sure he had an idea of what he was getting himself into before to learning it, and i bet he knew what notes to play from what scales.

do something for me. pick up a guitar and play random notes from around the 12th fret and up. how do these "random" notes sound? not too good, eh?

the "blood that is pouring out of their ears"... what are we, 4?

and the "performance" thing. something doesnt have to be good to be a performance. ever been to a crappy show, and thought "wow that sucked". but its still a performance good or bad.

(sorry to discuss so much in the Q n A forum)

Age doesn't matter man, how many times must you be told? The main thing that matters is your passion for guitar. Now, that kid may have some passion, but he doesn't have the brains(or teacher) to go along with it. He tried to swim the deep-end before he could doggy paddle. He just set himself up for an army of bad habits that hes going to either

A) Have to fix years later because he realises he is not playing like he should.

or

cool.gif Quit because his playing is ######.

Jesus wept, don`t you talk some bollocks, how do you think he got there in the first place. rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (EXTREMEGUITAR @ Jun 4 2006, 06:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

rolleyes.gif Another one that talks bollocks.

#44 blackened10

blackened10
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts
  • Original Name: blackened10

Posted 04 June 2006 - 05:27 PM

QUOTE (jeffw @ Jun 4 2006, 03:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sigh..nobody can just sit back and play their guitars, can they? Just gotta sy what's right, wrong, etc.

Shut the hell up and play your guitar.

Seriously.

SHUT UP and play.

-J

That ends it for tonight... no more... thank you for coming... EL FIN DEL THREAD!

Edited by blackened10, 04 June 2006 - 05:28 PM.

...the cat went to rehab

#45 in_repair

in_repair

I'm taking off my pants, and I'm going to jacket.

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts
  • Location:A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse
  • Original Name: in_repair

Posted 04 June 2006 - 05:30 PM

Yes. Let's now move it to discussion and spam it to death.

Threadless.com: SIIIICK t-shirts. Seriously.

"Even if it's a fake name, like Johnny McSmilies." -Rob
"Johnny McSmilies is a boss name." -Jiveturkey
"I tried setting my hotmail password to penis. I was then told that it wasn't long enough." -Nealmac
"I am spam." -The Major

#46 blackened10

blackened10
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 08:02 PM

QUOTE (in_repair @ Jun 4 2006, 08:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes. Let's now move it to discussion and spam it to death.

BAM! BAM! SPAM! BAM! SPAM!
done

...the cat went to rehab

#47 blackened10

blackened10
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 08:07 PM

SHoudlnt youtube and google videos of that sort be in Recorded and live sound forum...?
this is a forum about guitars and how they work basically.
that is a forum on recorded sounds (and should become) videos.
I have no problem with the forum, but people who really need help are getting their topics pushed to the bottome were no one can c them by threads about how crappy some guy plays.
seriously... think this stuff over.

i like that idea
---------------------------------------------------
[b]mods... please attempt to change the title of the Recorded and live sound forum to Recorded and live sound and video forum. or move all the video threads from guitar forum there. Thanks for... everything i guess. biggrin.gif

...the cat went to rehab

#48 beginnerguitaristnathan

beginnerguitaristnathan
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • Original Name: beginnerguitaristnathan

Posted 05 June 2006 - 12:23 PM

im 13 and i know how hard fast songs are to play with small hands. Thats purty fast too...
pic of guitar soon to come

#49 in_repair

in_repair

I'm taking off my pants, and I'm going to jacket.

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts
  • Location:A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse
  • Original Name: in_repair

Posted 05 June 2006 - 12:43 PM

QUOTE (blackened10 @ Jun 5 2006, 12:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
SHoudlnt youtube and google videos of that sort be in Recorded and live sound forum...?
this is a forum about guitars and how they work basically.
that is a forum on recorded sounds (and should become) videos.
I have no problem with the forum, but people who really need help are getting their topics pushed to the bottome were no one can c them by threads about how crappy some guy plays.
seriously... think this stuff over.

i like that idea
---------------------------------------------------
[b]mods... please attempt to change the title of the Recorded and live sound forum to Recorded and live sound and video forum. or move all the video threads from guitar forum there. Thanks for... everything i guess. biggrin.gif

I think it's fine here. It's a forum about guitar... that's what people take it as. If it went to recorded and live sound nobody would read it.

I believe recorded and live sound if for your OWN recorded and live sounds, not for 13 year old kids playing eruption, from what I've seen anyway.

Edited by in_repair, 05 June 2006 - 12:44 PM.

Threadless.com: SIIIICK t-shirts. Seriously.

"Even if it's a fake name, like Johnny McSmilies." -Rob
"Johnny McSmilies is a boss name." -Jiveturkey
"I tried setting my hotmail password to penis. I was then told that it wasn't long enough." -Nealmac
"I am spam." -The Major

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please consider donating to GuitarZone.com.
With more and more people using ad blocking add-ons for browsers, ad revenue has plummeted.
If you can spare even US$5 it would mean a lot to help pay for GZ's monthly server bill.
Thank you to all. Cheers! --Rob

Method #1: PayPal

Click 'Donate' above
to donate with any
major credit card or
existing PayPal funds.

E-mail on record with PayPal
[ ]

Method #2: Bitcoin

Option A )  Scan Bitcoin QR Code

Scan above box with mobile phone, or click...

Option B )  Copy and Paste Bitcoin Address

13NA7exoZVPGBAxnKXcQAz35JQ5PvnhYDE  

Copy above address and paste into Bitcoin app...

Learn more about Bitcoin...