- - - - -

Carlos Santana & Jeff Beck's Amazing Grace Guitar Solo

6 replies to this topic

#1 OneLostGuitarist

OneLostGuitarist
  • Pip
  • 150 posts
  • Location:Inside a rubber room, I have advanced delusionary schizophrenia with involuntary narcissistic rage.
  • Original Name: OneLostGuitarist

Posted 31 May 2006 - 07:12 AM

Carlos Santana & Jeff Beck (Amazing Grace Guitar Solo Instrumental) I don't know the name of the CD Sorry

#2 OneLostGuitarist

OneLostGuitarist
  • Pip
  • 150 posts
  • Location:Inside a rubber room, I have advanced delusionary schizophrenia with involuntary narcissistic rage.

Posted 27 January 2007 - 02:19 AM

Sorry to resurrect an old thread I really thought I would have found it by now a little help please

Thanks

#3 Evil Midnight Bomber

Evil Midnight Bomber

what bombs at Midnight.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,281 posts
  • Original Name: Major_Major_

Posted 27 January 2007 - 02:21 PM

no worries, but do you have any additional info on it? the Actual name, anything like that?
Posted Image
A man goes to the doctor. Says he's depressed. He says life seems harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening world where what lies ahead is vague and uncertain. The doctor says "The treatment is simple. The great clown Pagliacci is in town tonight. Go and see him, that should pick you up." The man bursts into tears. He says "But doctor... I am Pagliacci."

#4 OneLostGuitarist

OneLostGuitarist
  • Pip
  • 150 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 04:03 PM

Sorry no I don't I downloaded it Carlos Santana & Jeff Beck (Amazing Grace Guitar Solo Instrumental) is the name of the file. Ever since then I have searched for the cd both on the internet and at local stores. So it very well might not be either one of them playing the song. But I would still love to learn how to play it

#5 guru of rock n roll

guru of rock n roll
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,624 posts
  • Original Name: guru of rock n roll

Posted 27 January 2007 - 07:40 PM

I think I may have found the album your looking for It`s called Merry Axemas and it has various guitar player`s on it . One song you asking Amazing grace but only Jeff Beck no Carlos Santana here is the link

http://www.amazon.co...-...174&s=music

Something I found here worth watching

Edited by guru of rock n roll, 27 January 2007 - 08:00 PM.

Posted Image

#6 OneLostGuitarist

OneLostGuitarist
  • Pip
  • 150 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 10:44 PM

guru of rock n roll

I sent you a message but it didn't show up in my sent folder so I don't know if you got it or not

super boogie that was worth watching when it first starts I thought it sounded like wolfmother's woman song didn't it?

#7 dadfad

dadfad

dadfad

• Ombudsman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,071 posts
  • Donator:Yes, Once
  • Original Name: dadfad

Posted 01 February 2007 - 04:51 AM

The slide version isn't that difficult to play. It's best done in open-D (or open-E, same thing relatively). I never heard the version you're talking about, but I used to play the hymn sometimes both as a fingerstyle or as open-tuned slide. I still use part of it as a slow intro into another tune I do once in awhile called "Amazing Grace." (Which is absolutely nothing like the hymn "Amazing Grace," starting off with the line "Amazing Grace was a carnival queen tho' she never was rich nor famous. She travelled the land with Side-Show Dan and his True Live Freaks of Nature....")

I saw Joe Walsh play a very moving slide version at Albert King's funeral in Memphis about ten years ago as a solo on an electric guitar. It looked like he was using open-E. The notes are mostly clustered on or around the 12th fret on strings (and can be found elsewhere on the fretboard too of course).

CODE
----0------------------------------------
-0---------------------------------------
-------/12------/12---/10-----------/12--
-----------/12------------/12---/9--/12--
------------------------------------/12--
-----------------------------------------
.....etc, etc

Un-plugged is not the same as never-was-plugged-in-to-begin-with.

jacksontz.jpg

John Jackson -My Teacher and My Old Friend

When the roll is called up yonder he'll be there...

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please consider donating to GuitarZone.com.
With more and more people using ad blocking add-ons for browsers, ad revenue has plummeted.
If you can spare even US$5 it would mean a lot to help pay for GZ's monthly server bill.
Thank you to all. Cheers! --Rob

Method #1: PayPal

Click 'Donate' above
to donate with any
major credit card or
existing PayPal funds.

E-mail on record with PayPal
[ ]

Method #2: Bitcoin

Option A )  Scan Bitcoin QR Code

Scan above box with mobile phone, or click...

Option B )  Copy and Paste Bitcoin Address

13NA7exoZVPGBAxnKXcQAz35JQ5PvnhYDE  

Copy above address and paste into Bitcoin app...

Learn more about Bitcoin...