6 replies to this topic

#1 dualplatform

dualplatform

superwinkie the tyrant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,098 posts
  • Original Name: superwinkie

Posted 19 July 2006 - 11:49 AM

Hey folks, why not join MuSATO and give Rob a hand. Power with numbers!

All you have to do is amend your profile (My Controls > Edit Profile Information) to say that you join.

MuSATO, or Music Student And Teacher Organization, has been created to protect the rights that students and teachers have to use tablature as a learning resource. The MPA doesnít want GZ.com to have tablature Ė but taking away our tabs is like telling a guitar teacher he canít write out musical notation on a piece of paper for his student to learn (I donít know about other teachers here, but when I teach lessons, I have blank tab pages that I write on for the students Ö. Surely that isnít illegal, now is it?).

Letís show the MPA that GZ.com (itís weird calling it that, when Iím so used to GTU) is a place for students and teachers, basically Ė a place out of their jurisdiction. Letís get our tabs back!
"Sammy is not cute, he's sextastic." - soulcracker

Superwinkie Theme Song -- a la brokenmirror

We have no great war, no great depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives.

Very proud holder of 1 Major-Point

#2 rbalch

rbalch
  • Ombudsman
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts
  • Donator:Yes, Continually
  • Original Name: rbalch

Posted 20 July 2006 - 08:03 PM

Thank you everyone for joining, And thanks alot SW for the help recruiting.

MuSATO IS how the 'little guys' will defeat the big ones.

Please, keep passing it on, join! We need numbers.

Cheers,
Rob
"Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom." -Albert Einstein

"I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
(in response to Tipper Gore's allegations that music incites people towards deviant behavior...)

#3 PingerFicker

PingerFicker
  • Pip
  • 198 posts
  • Original Name: PingerFicker

Posted 01 August 2006 - 11:11 AM

I support MuSATO, and think that we should be able to view tabs. But I have a couple of questions. By saying that I support MuSATO in their efforts, is that like a petition that will be given to the MPA in efforts to obtaining tab usage again? If that is true, is there a certain number of supporters that needs to be obtained? What efforts are being taken to obtain the usage of tablature? Will all major tablature distributor sites like GTU be eventually "shut down"? Is there anything further we can do, like call or write the MPA? What they are trying to is rediculous.

Now that I am done fuming... biggrin.gif

Thanks to all of the Mods and members who have made this such a good guitar site!!!!

#4 ravenlord

ravenlord
  • 1 posts
  • Original Name: ravenlord

Posted 29 August 2006 - 07:29 AM

I have been using guitartabs.cc to learn guitars ever since I was in school! Without tabs, I would never have been such a fan of great guitars, and would definitely not listened to satriani, steve vai, and so on. If there are a couple of million like me out there, then that accounts for a couple of million less albums sold! THe MPA is digging it's own grave! They need a lawsuit against them now!!

#5 moar/b/plz

moar/b/plz
  • 10 posts
  • Original Name: moar/b/plz

Posted 20 February 2008 - 10:23 PM

man, i really hope this ###### stops. i need tab to teach myself and if thats illegal then they sould just legalize assited suicide. those jerks.

#6 LegendaryMetal

LegendaryMetal
  • 3 posts
  • Original Name: LegendaryMetal

Posted 28 November 2009 - 02:54 AM

I joined

#7 gffWillie

gffWillie
  • 1 posts
  • Original Name: gffWillie

Posted 17 January 2010 - 07:01 AM

Hi

The links to Musato here and on MySpace seem to lead to a page with nothing on it? Is anyone else experiencing this? Also the link on guitarzone.com didn't work propely when I tried to confirm support. C'mon guys! If we want strength in numbers then we have to get these things right and monitor that they stay right!

Aside from that, any acoustic guitarists out there into fingerpicking guitarists like John Martyn, Nick Drake, Nic Jones etc should pay a visit to my blog at

Acoustic Guitar Freaks' Forum

gffWillie

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please consider donating to GuitarZone.com.
With more and more people using ad blocking add-ons for browsers, ad revenue has plummeted.
If you can spare even US$5 it would mean a lot to help pay for GZ's monthly server bill.
Thank you to all. Cheers! --Rob

Method #1: PayPal

Click 'Donate' above
to donate with any
major credit card or
existing PayPal funds.

E-mail on record with PayPal
[ ]

Method #2: Bitcoin

Option A )  Scan Bitcoin QR Code

Scan above box with mobile phone, or click...

Option B )  Copy and Paste Bitcoin Address

13NA7exoZVPGBAxnKXcQAz35JQ5PvnhYDE  

Copy above address and paste into Bitcoin app...

Learn more about Bitcoin...