#41 sot

sot

What's going on? Where am I?

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,872 posts
  • Original Name: sot

Posted 24 August 2006 - 11:02 AM

The most expensive guitar I've played (for about 5 seconds!) was Eric Clapton's "Blackie" strat. During my time working for Guitar Center Hollywood's vintage room the company bought it at auction and we had it in our safe. It was a rough job, as a vintage room employee I was required to have played anything I could sell at least once. I believe it fetched around 1 million dollars at the auction. The best sounding guitar I ever played was an early 70's (I think) D'aquisto archtop hand made by Jimmy D'Aquisto. I think you could probably pick one of those up nowadays for $20-40,000. The best playing guitar I've laind hands upon is my ESP custom shop horizon that I bought from Stephen Carpenter. I suspect the ESP label it carrries may in fact represent it's 6th sense when it comes to it's amazing playability, it's like it know what note I'm going to play. Doesn't sound that great though.

Bottom of the Hill! Yea!

Listen to my band, Murderland

#42 t0ast

t0ast
  • 3 posts
  • Original Name: t0ast

Posted 24 August 2006 - 02:06 PM

While I haven't played a whole lot of guitars, I've always been amazed how easily played my brothers Nighthawk standard 2pickups is. Too bad they stopped making them =/

#43 SmashySmashy

SmashySmashy
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,118 posts
  • Original Name: AcousticSmash

Posted 24 August 2006 - 02:57 PM

Ibanez JEM RMR (Rock Mirror model). Great sounding axe with a incredibly well designed neck, nice and slim for fast playing. The pickups sound great and all around the whole axe is great.

#44 Grandpa FrankyZ

Grandpa FrankyZ

What is your conceptual continuity?

• GZ Regular
  • 29,998 posts
  • Original Name: frankyz84

Posted 24 August 2006 - 04:04 PM

QUOTE (sot @ Aug 24 2006, 08:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The most expensive guitar I've played (for about 5 seconds!) was Eric Clapton's "Blackie" strat. During my time working for Guitar Center Hollywood's vintage room the company bought it at auction and we had it in our safe. It was a rough job, as a vintage room employee I was required to have played anything I could sell at least once. I believe it fetched around 1 million dollars at the auction. The best sounding guitar I ever played was an early 70's (I think) D'aquisto archtop hand made by Jimmy D'Aquisto. I think you could probably pick one of those up nowadays for $20-40,000. The best playing guitar I've laind hands upon is my ESP custom shop horizon that I bought from Stephen Carpenter. I suspect the ESP label it carrries may in fact represent it's 6th sense when it comes to it's amazing playability, it's like it know what note I'm going to play. Doesn't sound that great though.

ohmy.gif You luc luc luc lucky personage.

#45 noodle69

noodle69
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,154 posts
  • Original Name: noodle69

Posted 24 August 2006 - 04:08 PM

so you got your visa - frank ? smile.gif
remember that i love you - no matter what i say

#46 sot

sot

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,872 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 04:08 PM

QUOTE (frankyz84 @ Aug 24 2006, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you're ever in the hollywood area, let me know and I can probably arange for you to check it out. You may need to pretend like you're really rich though. biggrin.gif

Bottom of the Hill! Yea!

#47 Grandpa FrankyZ

Grandpa FrankyZ

What is your conceptual continuity?

• GZ Regular
  • 29,998 posts
  • Original Name: frankyz84

Posted 24 August 2006 - 04:17 PM

QUOTE (sot @ Aug 25 2006, 01:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you're ever in the hollywood area, let me know and I can probably arange for you to check it out. You may need to pretend like you're really rich though. biggrin.gif

laugh.gif I have trouble pretending i have any money at all. Street bums dress better than i do.

Edited by frankyz84, 24 August 2006 - 04:18 PM.

#48 EXTREMEGUITAR

EXTREMEGUITAR
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Original Name: EXTREMEGUITAR

Posted 24 August 2006 - 04:40 PM

the best guitar ive ever played is a $12,000 Santa Cruz Archtop guitar owned by a good friend, amazing really.

#49 sot

sot

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,872 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 04:52 PM

QUOTE (frankyz84 @ Aug 24 2006, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (sot @ Aug 25 2006, 01:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

laugh.gif I have trouble pretending i have any money at all. Street bums dress better than i do.

this is what we'll do, dress you up in a fancy suit and for some reason I think a fake mustache would be a good idea. laugh.gif

Bottom of the Hill! Yea!

#50 Captain_Trips

Captain_Trips

it was fun, while it lasted

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,000 posts
  • Original Name: Captain_Trips

Posted 24 August 2006 - 05:13 PM

my souped up MiM Telecaster. I know, I suck.
Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine
I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shine
Come to Daddy on an inside straight
I got no chance of losing this time
No, I got no chance of losing this time

#51 GoldenGooseOnTheLoose

GoldenGooseOnTheLoose
  • PipPip
  • 381 posts
  • Original Name: GoldenGooseOnTheLoose

Posted 24 August 2006 - 07:07 PM

Best guitar I have ever played (best-feeling guitar that is): My ESP LTD MH-400. Not super expensive but it just plays incredibly and it's so damn pretty, hehe. I only wish i had some decent-sounding amplification to do it some justice...

Mmmmmmm.... beefy.

My Soundclick- NEW SONG UP YAY

#52 The Audience Is Listening

The Audience Is Listening

Male.

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts
  • Original Name: The Audience Is Listening

Posted 24 August 2006 - 07:25 PM

My Jackson Soloist. I got it for 450 bucks and it came with some DiMarzio single coil sized humbuckers that wouldn't fit. It's got crappy frets, rusted hardware and one kinda quiet and kinda ######ty humbucker in the bridge. But it somehow sounds good to my ears. And my SG sucks unless it's got some distortion and I like to play clean stuff.

Edited by The Audience Is Listening, 24 August 2006 - 07:26 PM.

IPB Image
Bruce Springsteen- Greetings From Asbury Park, NJ

#53 johnnynapalm

johnnynapalm

...in the morning.

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,800 posts
  • Original Name: johnnynapalm

Posted 25 August 2006 - 12:03 AM

Based on name/reputation - a Jimmy Page signature LP. Was very nice.

Based on playability, etc. - probably one of the high-end Ibanez Prestige models.

The other other resident male metalhead.

'As the saying goes "If you live by the book, you will die by the book"' - AcousticSmash

#54 BuckinghamFan

BuckinghamFan
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts
  • Original Name: buckinghamfan

Posted 25 August 2006 - 01:52 AM

QUOTE (ApoXonFire @ Aug 23 2006, 05:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What is the best guitar you have gotten your hands on?

Relying on my short experience in guitar, my Fender MIM. smile.gif

a 1992 Gibson Chet Atkins nylon string

a 1980 Rick Turner Model One (Lindsey Buckingham's stage guitar)

a 1974 Guild 12 string

and my friend Bill's 1983 American strat which he calls "Blackie"

#55 tdintbl

tdintbl

The one and only Billy Shears

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,105 posts
  • Original Name: tdintbl

Posted 25 August 2006 - 06:48 PM

It was one of the old semi-hollow (I don't think it was a true hollow) Gibson electrics. It belongs to my high school band director. It's a vintage 60's instrument, double-cutaway, gigantic body on it. I don't remember the model number. Sweet like no other guitar.

Soundclick: Because I must join the herd!
"Home: where thought's escaping, home: where my music's playing, home: where my wife lies waiting silently for me."

#56 prariepunk

prariepunk
  • Pip
  • 138 posts
  • Original Name: prariepunk

Posted 26 August 2006 - 08:24 AM

other than the weight, an EDS-1275 about 3 yrs ago at a guitar center... maybe that counts as 2 guitars though
Jamming like a real hippie

God Damned Pot Smoking Hippie

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please consider donating to GuitarZone.com.
With more and more people using ad blocking add-ons for browsers, ad revenue has plummeted.
If you can spare even US$5 it would mean a lot to help pay for GZ's monthly server bill.
Thank you to all. Cheers! --Rob

Method #1: PayPal

Click 'Donate' above
to donate with any
major credit card or
existing PayPal funds.

E-mail on record with PayPal
[ ]

Method #2: Bitcoin

Option A )  Scan Bitcoin QR Code

Scan above box with mobile phone, or click...

Option B )  Copy and Paste Bitcoin Address

13NA7exoZVPGBAxnKXcQAz35JQ5PvnhYDE  

Copy above address and paste into Bitcoin app...

Learn more about Bitcoin...