JB and Jazz into an Ibanez

4 replies to this topic

#1 gazhowell

gazhowell
  • Pip
  • 130 posts
  • Original Name: gazhowell

Posted 24 August 2006 - 12:37 AM

I've got an old Ibanez that's really nice to play, but the pickups are pants so I'm gnona swap them out. However, due to buying too much stuff recently I don't fancy shelling out loads on a nice new set but I've got a JB and Jazz lying round which I could use.

First of all, as I don't really play any metal/shred stuff then an Ibanez is kinda out of character anyway, but is it weird putting in those pickups into an Ibanez? That type of guitar seems to fit the EMG sound more, but I suppose you can put anything into any guitar you want. I'm a little worried it's a false economy and I'll end up swaping them out again at a later date and buy a proper set that fits.

Also, if I put the JB and Jazz in, any recommendations for a single coil for the middle which would go with them?

#2 EXTREMEGUITAR

EXTREMEGUITAR
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Original Name: EXTREMEGUITAR

Posted 24 August 2006 - 04:43 PM

well first what kind of ibanez is it? second, i have a guitar that one would most usually qualify as "metal" but it has a JB and a 59' pickup from seymour duncan which do really get great tone.

#3 guitardude231

guitardude231

Everything In Its Right Place

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts
  • Original Name: guitardude231

Posted 24 August 2006 - 05:59 PM

QUOTE (gazhowell @ Aug 24 2006, 03:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've got an old Ibanez that's really nice to play, but the pickups are pants so I'm gnona swap them out. However, due to buying too much stuff recently I don't fancy shelling out loads on a nice new set but I've got a JB and Jazz lying round which I could use.

First of all, as I don't really play any metal/shred stuff then an Ibanez is kinda out of character anyway, but is it weird putting in those pickups into an Ibanez? That type of guitar seems to fit the EMG sound more, but I suppose you can put anything into any guitar you want. I'm a little worried it's a false economy and I'll end up swaping them out again at a later date and buy a proper set that fits.

Also, if I put the JB and Jazz in, any recommendations for a single coil for the middle which would go with them?

If the jazz and jb are what tone you want then it should work fine.

#4 Matt B

Matt B

Matt

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,304 posts
  • Original Name: matt_theripper

Posted 24 August 2006 - 10:07 PM

Those are great versatile pickups and would go well in any type of axe, imo.

As for a single coil to go in there, you could try the Seymour Duncan Alnico Pro II.

#5 gazhowell

gazhowell
  • Pip
  • 130 posts
  • Original Name: gazhowell

Posted 25 August 2006 - 12:40 AM

QUOTE (matt_theripper @ Aug 25 2006, 07:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Those are great versatile pickups and would go well in any type of axe, imo.

As for a single coil to go in there, you could try the Seymour Duncan Alnico Pro II.

Cheers matt, will have a look.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please consider donating to GuitarZone.com.
With more and more people using ad blocking add-ons for browsers, ad revenue has plummeted.
If you can spare even US$5 it would mean a lot to help pay for GZ's monthly server bill.
Thank you to all. Cheers! --Rob

Method #1: PayPal

Click 'Donate' above
to donate with any
major credit card or
existing PayPal funds.

E-mail on record with PayPal
[ ]

Method #2: Bitcoin

Option A )  Scan Bitcoin QR Code

Scan above box with mobile phone, or click...

Option B )  Copy and Paste Bitcoin Address

13NA7exoZVPGBAxnKXcQAz35JQ5PvnhYDE  

Copy above address and paste into Bitcoin app...

Learn more about Bitcoin...