* * * * * 1 votes

New 29$ ebay electric 4/4 ViolinReview...

1 reply to this topic

#1 rasav

rasav
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts
  • Original Name: rasav

Posted 27 August 2007 - 07:21 AM

I've been looking at these things for a couple of years now and wondering just what what you would get if you bought one.
It's plastic!!! well, everything except the control knobs, jacks, strings and bridge.
You would think for 29 bucks I'd at least get a wood tail piece or something... The bow's pretty good though.
Keeping that in mind... I was very surprised that after some inital string stretch, it plays and stays in tune. 0 peg slippage. The electronics are noise free and unlike my other bowed instruments I can change the tone from ultra bright to sucidally dark. It comes with two outs one 1/8 and one 1/4 both are off a split after the volume control. The bridge pick up is an active pizeo, so if you're looking to mod a real violin this would be a cheap way to get the guts. (If you didn''t have to pay 27.00 in shipping!!!)
I keep getting the feeling that the thing is going to snap on me, but, untill then, it's a really cheap and handy tone generator.
I think I'm going to have to spray paint it though, I orderd RED I got '80's sparkle frost pink. (my teenage sweet hearts' fav.)
Just an idea... Not an actual serving suggestion.

#2 Ayaura

Ayaura
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,666 posts
  • Original Name: Ayaura

Posted 18 October 2010 - 07:54 PM

I've been looking at these things for a couple of years now and wondering just what what you would get if you bought one.
It's plastic!!! well, everything except the control knobs, jacks, strings and bridge.
You would think for 29 bucks I'd at least get a wood tail piece or something... The bow's pretty good though.
Keeping that in mind... I was very surprised that after some inital string stretch, it plays and stays in tune. 0 peg slippage. The electronics are noise free and unlike my other bowed instruments I can change the tone from ultra bright to sucidally dark. It comes with two outs one 1/8 and one 1/4 both are off a split after the volume control. The bridge pick up is an active pizeo, so if you're looking to mod a real violin this would be a cheap way to get the guts. (If you didn''t have to pay 27.00 in shipping!!!)
I keep getting the feeling that the thing is going to snap on me, but, untill then, it's a really cheap and handy tone generator.
I think I'm going to have to spray paint it though, I orderd RED I got '80's sparkle frost pink. (my teenage sweet hearts' fav.)

I am really serious about teaching myself violin, do you think that would suffice for a first violin? you have a link?

JupiterPillow.png

"Taken out of context, I must seem so strange" Music Share

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please consider donating to GuitarZone.com.
With more and more people using ad blocking add-ons for browsers, ad revenue has plummeted.
If you can spare even US$5 it would mean a lot to help pay for GZ's monthly server bill.
Thank you to all. Cheers! --Rob

Method #1: PayPal

Click 'Donate' above
to donate with any
major credit card or
existing PayPal funds.

E-mail on record with PayPal
[ ]

Method #2: Bitcoin

Option A )  Scan Bitcoin QR Code

Scan above box with mobile phone, or click...

Option B )  Copy and Paste Bitcoin Address

13NA7exoZVPGBAxnKXcQAz35JQ5PvnhYDE  

Copy above address and paste into Bitcoin app...

Learn more about Bitcoin...