I don't wanna know

8 replies to this topic

#1 Mantrasolo

Mantrasolo
  • PipPip
  • 393 posts
  • Original Name: Mantrasolo

Posted 26 May 2010 - 11:36 AM

Here's my latest... nah I'm not even gonna call it a project. It came out of pressure since I haven't gotten anything decent recorded lately. I've been sitting on this demo for awhile, probably around a month. It's not a part of the "mantrasolo canon" per se. It's been semi-rejected by my drummer. I couldn't think of a proper intro or cool riff. I hate the vocals so much I threw distorion on them to cover up. The only interesting part I put any thought into was the bridge. I like the punches; that's mantrasolo-style. Heh.

Buuuuut, I figured since this forum has seen some action here lately I'd throw something into the fire.

"I don't wanna know" on my SOUNDCLICK.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 Nealio

Nealio

Stuff

• Ombudsman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,510 posts
  • Donator:Yes, Once
  • Original Name: nealmac

Posted 26 May 2010 - 01:29 PM

I don't think this is gonna be everyone's cup of tea, so I can relate to your drummer a bit.

However, that doesn't mean it's not a good song. Quite the opposite, actually. I felt a bit of "Nirvana" in there somewhere. Not sure what song it sounded like, but it just reminded me of the "In Utero" album. The guitar is tight, the bass is right in the mix, and the drums are, well, they're there too. Looks like we have another good singer on GTU too. Your voice really suits that style of music.

All in all, well done.

#3 connelly73

connelly73
  • 22 posts
  • Original Name: connelly73

Posted 26 May 2010 - 02:21 PM

I like this song good vocals and the distortion suits the song. It sounds a bit Nirvana/Kurt Cobain. Love the way the guitar comes in and out of the song in different ways. The drums are OK during the quiet parts but get lost when the heavy guitar comes in. Keep em coming. :drink:

#4 w00dy

w00dy
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,384 posts
  • Original Name: w00dy

Posted 26 May 2010 - 03:49 PM

hey i dig the 'tude andy man - in fact i dig the song. its right what you said about not being in the same vein as the other mantrasolo stuff, but i really think its got a certain sparkle about it. i really hope youve some more of this anger in you to quickly whack out an other one or two in this same power punch mold (fuck thats nearly an ep). its pretty solidly popular orintatedly written too, admittedly ive just listened to it but, 'i don't wanna know' is running round in my head. catchy m8. this is properly making me wanna fight some jumped up turd. ha haha, always a good sign your connecting with your audience. this is really, really good, properly right up my street and in all honesty m8 ive absolutely no idea how you could sit on this for a couple of months.everyone must have thought 'i dont wanna know' (tbh i genuinely think ive said it) to some idiot whos wobbling on with himself about irrelevances and getting in your way. ha love it

------->Numbers<-------

^^latest musics^^

go on give it a listen, it's good.

#5 Mantrasolo

Mantrasolo
  • PipPip
  • 393 posts
  • Original Name: Mantrasolo

Posted 26 May 2010 - 04:58 PM

The guitar is tight, the bass is right in the mix, and the drums are, well, they're there too. Looks like we have another good singer on GTU too. Your voice really suits that style of music.

Thanks, man. I appreciate your comments!

The drums are OK during the quiet parts but get lost when the heavy guitar comes in.

Yes, you're right. I have yet to figure out how to deal with such problems without lowering the guitars. Because ain't no drummer gonna make me turn it down.

i really hope youve some more of this anger in you to quickly whack out an other one or two in this same power punch mold

Thanks Chris, always appreciate your rambles, m8. We'll see what else I can spit out.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#6 dorio

dorio

Editor in Chief®

• Ombudsman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,789 posts
  • Donator:No
  • Original Name: dorio

Posted 27 May 2010 - 09:05 AM

Seems that you was selling yourself short here Mantra. I'll join the others and praise that recording too (esp the vocals and the "heavy guitar"). That "lost chord" just before the intro is the kind of stuff I like. Crazy but true. Sounds like an error but still it has a purpose. About the lyrics they're simple but effective the music and the anger in the vocals makes them sound natural. Perhaps your drummer should reconsider the direction Mantrasolo's supposed to take because that track targets a certain audience. Believe it or not the kind of audience that has the power to make Mantrasolo's rich and famous.

#7 imadique

imadique

Betty when you call me you can call me Sal.

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,208 posts
  • Original Name: imadique

Posted 15 July 2010 - 05:27 AM

Yeah I quite like it too, tell your drummer to embrace diversity :P
Probably my favourite riffing from you, angry sits well on you.

#8 noodle69

noodle69
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,154 posts
  • Original Name: noodle69

Posted 26 July 2010 - 08:20 AM

if you mashed up captain beefheart , beck and primus - lol - the emerging creature would make a track like this - i like it - its cool :)
remember that i love you - no matter what i say

#9 Cuphands

Cuphands

-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,377 posts
  • Original Name: igorski

Posted 27 July 2010 - 07:21 AM

I was kinda shocked when you wrote you went all 'distorted vox' but it works well, not a case of (unwanted) cheese at all. Solid distorted guitar, nice crunchy distortion, haven't heard these sounds for a well. Nice playing. Ooh, pick scrape and tremolo effect! =D Loud cymbal crashing, I thought you were wary of them. Anyways, it's cool... as usual. It's a different mantrasolo but I don't think you should disregard this song as "oh, it's just something I came up with until I do something good" that... er easily :unsure:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please consider donating to GuitarZone.com.
With more and more people using ad blocking add-ons for browsers, ad revenue has plummeted.
If you can spare even US$5 it would mean a lot to help pay for GZ's monthly server bill.
Thank you to all. Cheers! --Rob

Method #1: PayPal

Click 'Donate' above
to donate with any
major credit card or
existing PayPal funds.

E-mail on record with PayPal
[ ]

Method #2: Bitcoin

Option A )  Scan Bitcoin QR Code

Scan above box with mobile phone, or click...

Option B )  Copy and Paste Bitcoin Address

13NA7exoZVPGBAxnKXcQAz35JQ5PvnhYDE  

Copy above address and paste into Bitcoin app...

Learn more about Bitcoin...