gusdotcom

I'm a pyrotechnician, if you see me running, try to keep up

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,801 posts
  • Original Name: gusdotcom

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:10 PM

POPULAR

I get a distinct feeling that I have missed something here or is the movie and the ninth season not part of the rest? Rimer was alive and then he was a hologram again. Where did all the crew go? They never really bothered being consistent but this feels rather huge.

:blink:

GTUer of the week 7th-13th of February 2005
Owner of 227.5 Major-Points and 45 Igorski Points

#2 Orchestrazia Ardwick

Orchestrazia Ardwick

The most inept that ever stepped

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 63,207 posts
  • Original Name: el_burton

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:07 PM

Continuity was never Rob Grant and/or Doug Naylor's strong point. For example, the ship's crew numbers 169 in series 1, but later becomes 1169 (after the crew died...). Lister also had his appendix out twice, and his and Kochanski's relationship also varies wildly - in the first series, he says they never had sex, and Holly says they shared a total of 173 words. But later on, it's shown they were together for several weeks and had a lot of sex.

Basically... don't worry about it too much. It's all part of the same continuity, Doug Naylor just doesn't bother much with the details. If you watch through to the last episode of series 10, he even takes the piss out of this by dangling the prospect of us finding out how exactly everything did happen.

cheryl.gif

#3 gusdotcom

gusdotcom

• GZ Regular
  • 39,801 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:12 PM

Continuity was never Rob Grant and/or Doug Naylor's strong point. For example, the ship's crew numbers 169 in series 1, but later becomes 1169 (after the crew died...). Lister also had his appendix out twice, and his and Kochanski's relationship also varies wildly - in the first series, he says they never had sex, and Holly says they shared a total of 173 words. But later on, it's shown they were together for several weeks and had a lot of sex.

Basically... don't worry about it too much. It's all part of the same continuity, Doug Naylor just doesn't bother much with the details. If you watch through to the last episode of series 10, he even takes the piss out of this by dangling the prospect of us finding out how exactly everything did happen.

So what happened with the crew and how did they get out of jail? Did I sleep through half an episode or did they just give up on that arc and backtracked?

#4 Orchestrazia Ardwick

Orchestrazia Ardwick

• GZ Regular
  • 63,207 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:15 PM   Best Answer

He just gave up on that, and skipped straight to "Back To Earth". Bear in mind there was about a 10-year gap in between, so he probably felt it was better not to pick up exactly where he left off in case people had forgotten.

cheryl.gif

#5 gusdotcom

gusdotcom

• GZ Regular
  • 39,801 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:20 PM

He just gave up on that, and skipped straight to "Back To Earth". Bear in mind there was about a 10-year gap in between, so he probably felt it was better not to pick up exactly where he left off in case people had forgotten.

Good, I was afraid I had missed something major like a secret episodes. Now everything makes some kind of sense.

Any rumours about another season?

#6 Orchestrazia Ardwick

Orchestrazia Ardwick

• GZ Regular
  • 63,207 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:35 PM

Naylor had already started writing scripts for a new series before the previous one had finished airing, all of the cast want to do another series, and it was such a huge success (critically and commercially) for Dave, the channel that produced it, that they're bound to want another series. It should be only a matter of time, really.

cheryl.gif

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please consider donating to GuitarZone.com.
With more and more people using ad blocking add-ons for browsers, ad revenue has plummeted.
If you can spare even US$5 it would mean a lot to help pay for GZ's monthly server bill.
Thank you to all. Cheers! --Rob

Method #1: PayPal

Click 'Donate' above
to donate with any
major credit card or
existing PayPal funds.

E-mail on record with PayPal
[ ]

Method #2: Bitcoin

Option A )  Scan Bitcoin QR Code

Scan above box with mobile phone, or click...

Option B )  Copy and Paste Bitcoin Address

13NA7exoZVPGBAxnKXcQAz35JQ5PvnhYDE  

Copy above address and paste into Bitcoin app...

Learn more about Bitcoin...